Old May 17, 2006, 08:24 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Apr 2003
2,965 Posts
Discussion
Mixing on Optic 6 for flaps on crow

The question is can you set up crow and link the ailerons with the
flaps also? My friend Glenn called Hitec and the guy he was referred to didn't really sound like he was sure when he said he didn't think so.
Has anybody figured out some trick use of the mixers to enable this? The Optic 6 is a back up transmitter for me to my Stylus. I mostly use it on simple 2 channel ships and wings. Just wondering if I can use this transmitter for some of my "full house" gliders.

Andy
droydx is offline Find More Posts by droydx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sosos
to remove ads between posts
Old May 17, 2006, 08:47 PM
Spektrum Dev Team
United States, IL, Champaign
Joined Apr 2002
1,020 Posts
not gonna happen...sorry get yourself a futaba 9c, a JR 9303, an airtronics stylus, a multiplex evo, or something of that class or higher, you will be happy with your investment...you get what you pay for
aaronredbaron is offline Find More Posts by aaronredbaron
Old May 17, 2006, 09:54 PM
Joined Jan 2003
6,920 Posts
Sharkbait and I tried six ways from Sunday to make this work on his Miniblade, and heres what happened: If you use a reversing y-harness, you can get the flaps to work independantly of the ailerons, BUT- you cant have the flaps follow the ailerons for more roll. Also, your throws, for some reason, were cut in half. Probably some default program to keep from running the servos to their limit. Potentially, you could max out the throws mechanically, run flaps only, and max the throws, but it can only be described as a kluge.
My suggestion is similar to aarons-find a clean used JR783, or 8103. I've seen those TX's for under $200 bux used. They can do all the oddball mixes you can think of.
slopemeno is online now Find More Posts by slopemeno
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Goat Rock Threads
Old May 17, 2006, 10:23 PM
Fun ain't cheap!
United States, CA, Santa Barbara
Joined Apr 2003
2,965 Posts
Yeah,
like I say, I already have a Stylus, which is my primary transmitter. I'd like to send it in for some tune up work, and it looks like my "simple model" Optic, will be limited to just that.

I thought there might be some work around to link the flap movement to the ailerons.
THX!
Andy
droydx is offline Find More Posts by droydx
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Sosos
Old May 18, 2006, 10:39 AM
Southern California
Joined Sep 2003
6,901 Posts
You need to use the Eclipse 7channel for true crow mixing with aileron coupling. The Optic uses a y on the flaps channel-- so you can get crow-- but not coupling.
FYI
Timmig
timmig is offline Find More Posts by timmig