Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 18, 2014, 02:19 AM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Holmegaard
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Discussion
Rc PhoenixBuilder

I just got the hang it of it in Rc PhoenixCreator thanks to my mentors Harald Bendschneider, Detlef Jacobi and Coenie vd Merwe tutorials at www.szenerien.de

How I got PhoenixBuilder from Phoenix5 upgrade and I can't even upload my pano pictures, its like there is missing a add button. Anyone figure this out yet?

it's good that PhoenixCreator still works with Phoenix 5 tho

Best regards Jan Sig (Denmark)
Jan Sig is offline Find More Posts by Jan Sig
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 18, 2014, 04:51 PM
Denmark, Region Zealand, Holmegaard
Joined Sep 2012
15 Posts
Allso have in mind for you airfield builders, that the upgrade delete/replaces your project folder, I just lost all mine
Jan Sig is offline Find More Posts by Jan Sig
Old Apr 02, 2014, 03:08 PM
Joined Apr 2014
3 Posts
How to upload pano pictures in Phoenix Builder

Just click in the property editor where it says none, and a file open dialog will appear. Select your photo and click OK and the picture is loaded.

When I imported an existing user created site, I was not able to change the pano pictures with my own unfortunately.
KBerry is offline Find More Posts by KBerry
Old Apr 04, 2014, 08:41 AM
ridgeline
United States
Joined Mar 2013
23 Posts
Phoenix Builder

I have been working with Phoenix Builder creating flying sites, and have been having a few problems and questions about different things within the program.

I have found that
support@phoenix-sim.com
is quick to respond, and very helpful.

I thought that I would pass this on to let others know how helpful they were.

ridge is offline Find More Posts by ridge
Old Apr 04, 2014, 09:22 AM
ridgeline
United States
Joined Mar 2013
23 Posts
Phoenix Builder Flying Sites

I have not been able to create a new site that would load in the Phoenix5.

I keep getting the error message: This flying site does not contain the default starting position (\default1\) for fixed-wing models, and cannot be loaded.

I tried the following names for the starting position: default1, default(space)1,\default1\ and Default1- none will work.
Then, I tried clicking from airplane to helicopter and back to airplane but no good.

I have been able to import a site that I created with Phoenix Creator 2.5b.
I made a template from it by deleting all but the default 1 starting position, the windsock and ground plane, and also the spot for Layouts.
I now insert my 6 cubic panels and can “save to test” and the site will be one that I can select to load into Phoenix5.

I also got started with the Tutorials and videos form Harald Bendschneider. The one thing I could not find on that site was how he stitched the 3 rows of pictures to make his pano.

It would be nice if the users of Phoenix builder flying sites would post all tips, and any help they can think of here in this post.

Thinks
Old Apr 08, 2014, 03:22 PM
Switzerland, GE, Geneva
Joined Apr 2014
1 Posts
hello,

I have exactly the same problem or there is an error with the position
of departure that does not exist ...

I contacted the support, I have received no response ...

with the previous version I managed to do a lot, but could not adjust the scale of the helicopter (too small) and unable to put obstacles outside the ground ...

Alain
teleporteur is offline Find More Posts by teleporteur
Old Apr 08, 2014, 05:59 PM
ridgeline
United States
Joined Mar 2013
23 Posts
Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by KBerry View Post
Thank you for your suggestions.

1. Phoenix Support told me the "default 1" error happens when a light source is missing from the project. When I added a light source, the error went away and the flying site loaded. Phoenix Support told me their next release will fix this issue so that lack of a light source will still allow the flying site to load.

2. I also discovered that if the position "default 1" is too close to 0,0,0 that the model will not load even though the flying site loads. The model must be further away from the this camera bird's eye view position of 0,0,0.

3. There are some suggestions in these posts for creating Phoenix pano images:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1616949
This is from another post
Old Apr 08, 2014, 06:01 PM
ridgeline
United States
Joined Mar 2013
23 Posts
Solved

Quote:
Originally Posted by ridge View Post
I checked, and the template that I made from the imported flying site has the light source in it.
I did not see the light source at the time, or I would have deleted it too. It’s a good thing that I missed it!
I will now try to load a new site with all that is needed.
I am looking forward to a better documentation for the Phoenix builder in the future- maybe after all the bugs are removed.

Thanks again!!!!
My reply to solved