Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 30, 2013, 01:24 AM
Joined Dec 2007
541 Posts
Discussion
Orangerx DSMX receiver R800X R110X R110XL

Is the R800X 2 receiver diversity or only antenna switch like the R615 ?
Is the R110X diversity or only dipole like the spektrum sat?
Is the R110XL antenna switch like the R615 ?

I did order them all ...
Cesco is offline Find More Posts by Cesco
to remove ads between posts
Old May 30, 2013, 02:12 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,514 Posts
Question... Critical...
the short antenna and the long antenna I understand.. The long antenna is to avoid anything in the plane that might block your signal as the active portion of the antenna is only the edges..
BUT the DSMX receivers with satelites NEED the satelite to work ok.
It's not like the DSM2 where you could pull the satelite from the Rx and still work.
does this RX need the satelites? if it needs both satelites then it will cost the same as an AR8000 which for me so far was uber reliable.. not a single glitch. it even saved a plene whenmy Rx power dropped to 3.4volts and it didn't lose signal
pavlis is offline Find More Posts by pavlis
Old May 30, 2013, 05:15 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,142 Posts
I hope the russian guys who cracked DSMX will get a lifetime suply of these!
sbstnp is offline Find More Posts by sbstnp
Old May 30, 2013, 06:35 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,408 Posts
If I were a Spektrum developer, I would have implemented completely different jumping algorithms. I one is hacked, I simply would use the next one, if enough "pirate" RXs are sold
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old May 30, 2013, 06:41 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
If I were a Spektrum developer, I would have implemented completely different jumping algorithms. I one is hacked, I simply would use the next one, if enough "pirate" RXs are sold
They can't, there is an aglorithm determining the FH order. Plus, what about compatibility?

But anyway, this is great news, we need a cheap supply of DSMX receivers. People flying expensive aircrafts will still buy the original, but I won't be paying 80 euros for a receiver when my plane costs about the same. Very easy decision. I just hope they're reliable.
Old May 30, 2013, 06:52 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
2,408 Posts
Well, if they have different algorithms in both the radio and RX which can switched ? I would have done it
If one is hacked, use the next.

Cheap is relative. The AR400 and 600/610 are not that expensive. But of course you are right, in 2 foamies I also use a clone, simply because they were dirt cheap when I built the foamies. Nowadays I would use the originals.

The problem with the oranges: Did they implement the algorithm correct ? And there will be the guys using the RX in big models, what happens, if such a model kills somebody because of a RX failure ?
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old May 30, 2013, 08:03 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,142 Posts
Quote:
The problem with the oranges: Did they implement the algorithm correct ?
Who knows, I guess we'll wait and see. The TX code is working very good, using (original receivers) DSMX with my Devo 10 without any glitch.

Quote:
And there will be the guys using the RX in big models, what happens, if such a model kills somebody because of a RX failure ?
That could happen with any RX or TX, so it's a moot point. Heck, you could die just by walking outside. If you drive a car you already take the chance of killing someone and spending 10 years in jail. One second of watching your mobile phone screen and there you have your manslaughter.

I hope we as men or us as humanity haven't lost our balls that much. If you're afraid of causing damage or injury, stay inside, wear a helmet, buy Futaba (not Spektrum!!!)
Old May 30, 2013, 08:35 AM
Joined Dec 2007
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
DSMX with my Devo 10 without any glitch
Good to know.
I have been thinking about a Devo 12S lately and glitchfree DSM is a big pro.

The 12 because that is the one they sell here ... and it looks nice
Old May 30, 2013, 08:54 AM
Joined Dec 2007
541 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbstnp View Post
I hope we as men or us as humanity haven't lost our balls that much.
Have my upvote.
Old May 30, 2013, 10:30 AM
Joined Feb 2013
1,514 Posts
if the algorith is not correct they wouldn't even connect and they would have signal loses. you can connect a TM1000 on it and check the frame loses and compare..
to change the aLgorythm is SOMETHING IMPOSSIBLE
you can't have two different. + on DX8 the software of the trasmition module is not software upgradable liek the rest of the bunch (DX7s DX10t and DX18) so it's not possible.

thing is.. does that RX work as standalone AND with Sats ? ? ?
if that is true then many things will change because so far SPEKTRUM itself doesn't have a DSMX Rx with a satelite that will work without it.
Old May 30, 2013, 11:16 AM
Illinois
Joined Sep 2001
22,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pavlis View Post
if the algorith is not correct they wouldn't even connect and they would have signal loses. you can connect a TM1000 on it and check the frame loses and compare..
to change the aLgorythm is SOMETHING IMPOSSIBLE
you can't have two different. + on DX8 the software of the trasmition module is not software upgradable liek the rest of the bunch (DX7s DX10t and DX18) so it's not possible.

thing is.. does that RX work as standalone AND with Sats ? ? ?
if that is true then many things will change because so far SPEKTRUM itself doesn't have a DSMX Rx with a satelite that will work without it.

The AR7610 can be used both with or without the remote.

As for something being "impossible" - don't fool yourself

Andy
AndyKunz is online now Find More Posts by AndyKunz
Site Sponsor
Old May 30, 2013, 11:34 AM
Deviant
Joined Jul 2012
1,142 Posts
Even if it would be possible/plausible/worth the effort it would be simply a very stupid move.

HH sold me stuff because DSMX was cracked. Otherwise, I wouldn't be your customer. So probably 0.5 cents out of your yearly bonus is from me. With pleasure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Old May 30, 2013, 03:00 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1,514 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
The AR7610 can be used both with or without the remote.

Andy
oh.. thanks Andy...
Old May 31, 2013, 01:40 PM
Joined Dec 2007
541 Posts
I do hope the main can be used with or without sat. Since the main seems to have diversity on its own a sat does not seem mandatory. Lets see if this will be good or if i will be disappointed (like i was with the R610).
Price-wise this is more expensive than the trusted frsky receivers, but it comes with SBUS. Multicopters love SBUS.
Old May 31, 2013, 02:01 PM
Joined Feb 2013
10 Posts
I purchased the first batch of Orange RX DSM2 receivers late last year. My foamy flew into a tree when the received failed. HK replaced it and the new receiver works OK.

I'll wait for version 1.01..)
Slushfund is offline Find More Posts by Slushfund