1,160 Posts
"Finger hovering over the add-to-cart-button"
JNJO is offline Find More Posts by JNJO
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 25, 2012, 10:01 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
When will these NEW boards be available and where can we order them?
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:07 AM
Click eagle to read my blog
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,933 Posts
Whitespy is the driving force behind the new board, looks like it will all happen fairly quickly, witespy has a store at http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...ntrollers.html

@/J
You got an itchy buy it now finger did you end up ordering the CRIUS AIOP V2 or did all this stop you just in the nick of time. The new board should be very good .
jabram is offline Find More Posts by jabram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 05:28 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,198 Posts
Yah, the new version with MPU6050 and MS5611 Baro should perform much better than the one with BMP085.

Unfortunately WhiteSpy doesn't seem to ship to Germany.
If I order via PayPal shipping isn't even mentioned so I dunno where it'll end up...
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:28 AM
Done Posting, Gone Flying
Sweden, Uppsala County, Balsta
Joined Jun 2012
1,160 Posts
@jabram
Yup, ordered a Crius 1.1 the day before witespy posted.
Ah well, I can always build another 'copter.
Oh, and then there's is that beat-up T-rex450 i have somewhere.

And I agree, with all those updates, I think it'll be a nice board.
I just hope the price isn't affected to much.

/J
JNJO is offline Find More Posts by JNJO
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:42 AM
OS Sponsor
Germany, NRW, Dusseldorf
Joined Jun 2010
5,198 Posts
It's 49 bucks (51,50 w/ pins soldered):
http://witespyquad.gostorego.com/fli...ontroller.html
kinderkram is offline Find More Posts by kinderkram
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 09:30 AM
Joined Apr 2012
507 Posts
hey whitespy...What about the GPS module...did'nt you say they will be sold as a combo once you get your hands on some of them...looking forward to that price as not having a bundled gps module just ensures that the new barometer is more reliable..while the gyros and accels wont make a big difference to the flight quality...if a decent Gps is included then that would supremely rock....!!!
Akcopter is offline Find More Posts by Akcopter
Old Oct 26, 2012, 12:51 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
Yah, the new version with MPU6050 and MS5611 Baro should perform much better than the one with BMP085.

Unfortunately WhiteSpy doesn't seem to ship to Germany.
If I order via PayPal shipping isn't even mentioned so I dunno where it'll end up...
The website is not setup for International shipping at the moment. I had some problems with fraudulent charges and international shipping, so I had to shut it down to the USA .until I figure it out.

I will be more than happy to ship international for anybody that would like to one, I can ship USPS express, or parcel post. PM me or better email witespy@hotmail.com, and I will send you a Paypal Inoive. The website should be ready for this soon. Just need to get some more help with it

@jabram I will be more then happy to send you a 2.0 board , and see if you can get NG working on it. I should have GPS units very soon. or if you can recommend someone

pro1.0 boards (old format) are on the way. GPS units in the same shipment, . I hope to see them wens.

Pro2.5 boards are in the factory now. and should be shipping monday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kinderkram View Post
It's 49 bucks (51,50 w/ pins soldered):
The 1.0 mega boards will be a little cheaper..

I also have this board, Figured I toss it out here. Hope you guys can give me some pointers on it. (1. Upgrade the USB the stronger one.) I was not really in charge with the initial release, or I would have asked for this...

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; Oct 26, 2012 at 08:26 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:07 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by witespy View Post
@jabram I will be more then happy to send you a 2.0 board , and see if you can get NG working on it. I should have GPS units very soon. or if you can recommend someone

pro1.0 boards (old format) are on the way. GPS units in the same shipment, . I hope to see them wens.

Pro2.5 boards are in the factory now. and should be shipping monday.
Is this correct;

Pro 1.0 is the original mega that was sold by HobbyKing and the seed for this discussion thread.

Pro 2.0 is the one you posted photos here of a few days ago and we suggested changes, that is the one you are currently selling.

Pro 2.5 is the one that will be shipped to you on Monday and will have all the modifications we discussed

I thought I would rather rather test the 2.5 but the sensor layout has not changed from 2.0 to 2.5 so testing 2.0 is fine, I will PM you.

The sensor and the sensor layout of Pro 2.0 and Pro 2.5 matches CRIUS AIOP, so running MPNG on it should be a piece of cake
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:12 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,933 Posts
Quote:
I also have this board, Figured I toss it out here. Hope you guys can give me some pointers on it. (1. Upgrade the USB the stronger one.) I was not really in charge with the initial release, or I would have asked for this...

I saw this connection diagram on your site

Can't see processor and sensors, what are they?

I assume ATmega328 and earlier Inversense sensor ?

USB connector, sure, make it thru hole with 4 thru hole pins securing shell, the older 2 tabs to top side USB shell should NEVER EVER BE USED again.

Looking at the connection diagram it does have FTDI headers so it may continue to work if USB connector breaks off, looks like there is a 3v3 regulator on there.

That board with thru hole USB shell should be a great starter board at rock bottom price
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:41 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,933 Posts
This post dealing with GPS options, I have incorporated it into the first post in this thread.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Nov 07, 2012 at 11:36 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 06:52 PM
Canada, BC, Gibsons
Joined Apr 2011
212 Posts
Jabram, Am i correct in thinking my eagle tree GPS will connect to the multiwii pro board?
I notice its the same 4 pin connection.
And I already have this GPS
1111Mavrick is offline Find More Posts by 1111Mavrick
Last edited by 1111Mavrick; Oct 26, 2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:22 PM
Clearwater, FLorida !
Joined Sep 2009
2,269 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jabram View Post
I saw this connection diagram on your site

Can't see processor and sensors, what are they?
crap. I forgot to list the sensors . duhhh..

ATmega328 + MPU6050 (Inversense)

36mmx36mm board size

FTDI header = yes, XCL and XDA that go direct to the MPU6050 for the compass motion thing, if it ever comes out

witespy is offline Find More Posts by witespy
Last edited by witespy; Oct 26, 2012 at 07:31 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:29 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,933 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1111Mavrick View Post
Jabram, Am i correct in thinking my eagle tree GPS will connect to the multiwii pro board?
I notice its the same 4 pin connection.
I cant see why not, you can re arrange the pins in the header plug if required, you got 5V RX TX and GND. Baud rate and protocol can be set in the Arduino MPNG code, it should work fine.

EDIT: I cannot find if that GPS needs 5V or 3.3V so check that FIRST, both 5V and 3.3V are available on the HK Mega and also the proposed new Mega 2.0 and 2.5
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by jabram; Oct 26, 2012 at 07:47 PM.
Old Oct 26, 2012, 07:32 PM
Australia, NSW, Kendall
Joined Jul 2012
4,933 Posts
Quote:
crap. I forgot to list the sensors . duhhh..

ATmega328 + MPU6050 (Inversense sensor)

36mmx36mm board size

WOW!! that is good value, only $10 more than a boad with just the MPU6050 on it. I don't know how may code features will fit in the ATmega328 but as a starter FC using the MPU6050 it is fantastic value.
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread