HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 27, 2012, 02:53 PM
The Netherlands, NH, Nieuw-Vennep
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Would anyone by chance have a picture with both the master cp and 120 on it for real size comparison?
Chow is offline Find More Posts by Chow
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:25 PM
RC Helis: My Healthy Obsession
The OC, California
Joined Feb 2007
3,159 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chow View Post
Would anyone by chance have a picture with both the master cp and 120 on it for real size comparison?
Here you go...
dkfuji is offline Find More Posts by dkfuji
Old Aug 27, 2012, 09:51 PM
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
6,545 Posts
I know some don't like Walkrea but thats two purdy birds. Walkrea's new helis are getting good reviews. I like em !!
dankar04 is offline Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Aug 28, 2012, 01:23 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkfuji View Post
Here you go...
Thnx. Ordering one now
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined Aug 2012
3 Posts
I think MASTER CP and V200D03 like brother, both of them are red and 200class
heli2 is offline Find More Posts by heli2
Old Aug 28, 2012, 02:27 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
V200D03 is more advanced I think but less durable and way more expensive.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 03:42 AM
WIFE HAND LAUNCHED MY PLANES!
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Newbmeister View Post
I'd be interested in seeing some reviews of this. Dkfuji gave us a quick rundown, but I was hoping for something a bit more indepth. In particular, more on flight characteristics, durability - both from crash damage and normal usage, and wind handling. It's almost always windy where I live (the city is on a peninsula), so that's a definite factor. I'm impressed with how well my Mini CP can handle wind (at least compared to my V200, but being FP that's not a huge surprise) and for sure it's crash durable. I'm quick on the throttle so that's helped a lot, but still it's taken some hard knocks and, other than some canopy cracks, still keeps ticking.

I don't have huge flying areas near me so size is a factor. Until I get my transportation issues squared away, 450s are out. So something like the Master CP or the V120D02S are on my near-term buying radar. Need to fill up some model slots on my Devo 10. Heavy 3D is not something I'll be ready to do for quite some time, so that's not a consideration. Wind handling, sport flying, (very) mild 3D, durability, easy and relatively inexpensive repair, and the ability to take up a light cam or FPV gear are my main bullet points. Am I asking for too much?
Well, get the V120D02S 3AXIS VERSION 2 (not the latest 6axis V3).
Both flies great out of the box. You can make it BULLET PROOF with very little mods and $$s. The 6axis could "intervene" on FAST forward flights, the 3axis V2 won't. So, I am replacing my Rx with 3 axis, since I own the 6axis version.

MODS?

- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6200

WIND? NO WORRIES, Watch the trees...
- http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...postcount=6046

stock DURABILITY?
- Watch this

PERFORMANCE?
- HERE

* THE ABOVE VIDEOS IS V2

*The V200D03 can't handle crash. You will need to stock-up parts.
Spyro37 is offline Find More Posts by Spyro37
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Aug 28, 2012 at 04:04 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:03 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
I have the V120D02S for a few days now (6 axis). I'm only flying circuits so no 3D. I see no problems with fast forward flight. I own the Genius also and tried 6 axis on this one when i just got it 9 months ago. Was a disaster and put it back to 3 axis and flies very well.
It's possible the 6 axis on the V120 will intervene but an experience 3D flyer tried the V120 and noticed no strange behaviour. So I think Walkera improved this 6 axis gyro dramatically.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:20 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
I have the V120D02S for a few days now (6 axis). I'm only flying circuits so no 3D. I see no problems with fast forward flight. I own the Genius also and tried 6 axis on this one when i just got it 9 months ago. Was a disaster and put it back to 3 axis and flies very well.
It's possible the 6 axis on the V120 will intervene but an experience 3D flyer tried the V120 and noticed no strange behaviour. So I think Walkera improved this 6 axis gyro dramatically.

That's true. The 6 axis is a great one and really great for mild 3D flying or "stationary 3D". The pros can easily correct any "tendencies" that the 6 axis could affect 3D flying. I can't
On the positive side of the 3axis, it has less or no limitation, so I'd prefer the 3 axis. Both Intermediate or advance flyer will enjoy it.

I've been only flying heli for 3 months, but had thrown countless hours already & progressed pretty well. No near as good as some. But i started doing flips & rolls the first month, even on my larger heli. I just got the 120D02S V3, and already noticed the "effect" of the 6 axis on my second day flying it. Was a tough decision spending extra $55 for the 3axis Rx, but again, the heli is lots of FUN, why limit my fun, so I just pulled the trigger.
-Spyro
BOTH HELIS USE THE SAME SPARE PARTS.
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Spyro37; Aug 28, 2012 at 04:27 AM.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:35 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
On the field right now and man do I love this heli
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:01 AM
Hong Kong
Joined Jan 2010
6,136 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dankar04 View Post
I know some don't like Walkrea but thats two purdy birds. Walkrea's new helis are getting good reviews. I like em !!
You have to do a lot of research before you buy a Walkera, but they haven't made a dud release since the Genius CP.

I flew the V120D02S with a 6 axis gyro the first time today and was pleasantly surprised. Honestly, it did not feel much different than the 3 axis gyro. However, it was noticeably much more stable, especially with slower flight. I didn't flip it that much because I was getting tail blowouts which I suspect were due to a slightly stripped tail gear. However, I managed to do a large number of ground hugging inverted circuits and they were certainly much more stable than the Mini CP.

I haven't tried full blast FFF because there are aren't any fields around which I can do that. But it seems great for mild 3D flying in a confined space. I will test it out in a larger field tomorrow to see whether there is much difference.
zadaw is offline Find More Posts by zadaw
Old Aug 28, 2012, 05:26 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Question is how does the Master CP fly. If for normal flight as I do it's similar as the V120D02S New it would be a blast I guess.
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:50 AM
Joined Jun 2009
2,130 Posts
Quote:
Question is how does the Master CP fly. If for normal flight as I do it's similar as the V120D02S New it would be a blast I guess.
Yes, hopefully, someone would chime in.

---------------------------------------------------

Quote:
Originally Posted by zadaw View Post
You have to do a lot of research before you buy a Walkera, but they haven't made a dud release since the Genius CP.

I haven't tried full blast FFF because there are aren't any fields around which I can do that. But it seems great for mild 3D flying in a confined space. I will test it out in a larger field tomorrow to see whether there is much difference.
IMO, the 120D02S is the best heli you'd find for this sze or small helis. Nothing bits it. It could be flown just like FP but also a great 3D.. But best of all, It's very durable and will not kill the wallet. It's my first Walkera. All my helis are Eflite. Walkera did not disappoint me with this 120D02S.

- Spyro
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 130X Build
Old Aug 28, 2012, 09:53 AM
Joined Mar 2011
518 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyro37 View Post
Yes, hopefully, someone would chime in.
I will but will be few weeks from now Takes a while to get it from China to my doorstep..
Old Aug 28, 2012, 04:39 PM
Joined Oct 2010
1,195 Posts
I just purchased one, it should be here before the end of the week.
pmerritt is offline Find More Posts by pmerritt