Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old May 13, 2011, 08:29 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
Discussion
dumas 44' mlb #1203 fiberglass version

I bought this off a friend yesterday. I already started the tear down of the boat. Its going to be a good project and should keep me busy for a while. I do have most of the hardware for the boat, Its not pictured though. I need to get the railings and one of the hatches. I dont know who gave this to my friend but they were drill happy, There are drill holes all over the inside of the hull.
catchthis is offline Find More Posts by catchthis
to remove ads between posts
Old May 13, 2011, 10:11 PM
N.E.Mass.
Joined Apr 2007
3,033 Posts
If you are interested in great information about the 44'MLB go to Clive Lawfords ''44mlb.com'' site Among other things he lists every 44 built.
charlie eaton is online now Find More Posts by charlie eaton
Old May 14, 2011, 08:57 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
Yes, I have been on the site to see what I need to do to make it a true USCG mlb. I called up dumas to order parts that I'm missing and the woman on the phone was more than happy to help me get what I need. She is mailing a parts list for the boat so I know exactly what I need.
Old May 15, 2011, 09:22 AM
psn name: PKtoday
United States, NY, Mattituck
Joined Dec 2010
84 Posts
looks way different. cool!
PKDURANGO is offline Find More Posts by PKDURANGO
Old May 15, 2011, 10:04 AM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
pkdurango is who I bought it off of.
Last edited by catchthis; Nov 10, 2011 at 05:46 PM.
Old May 15, 2011, 10:14 AM
psn name: PKtoday
United States, NY, Mattituck
Joined Dec 2010
84 Posts
heres how it was before
PKDURANGO is offline Find More Posts by PKDURANGO
Old May 25, 2011, 08:13 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
I got a little bit of work done on the boat. I epoxied the wood parts on the inner hull and floated all of the compartments to level them out. All of the cabin structures are epoxied except for the main cabin which still needs some filling. I plan on having the boat done by July. we'll see about that one.
Old May 25, 2011, 09:47 PM
United States, FL, Sebastian
Joined Feb 2010
103 Posts
Way to go Kyle....I will be watching ur progress on this. It's a neat boat.
rctugger is offline Find More Posts by rctugger
Old Jun 12, 2011, 07:53 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
Here is what I have been up to lately. I have been studying for my final exams in school lately and I also have been running my lobster boat at a local lake so I haven't gotten to much work done. I fared all of the cabin pieces and epoxied them so they are waterproof. I need to build a new platform for where the captains chair would be because it is missing. I also floated all of the compartments in the bilge with epoxy because the were looking bad and I want the boat to look good inside and out. I replaced the old motor mount platform with a new one to make it look a bit better. I was thinking of using the motor mounts from the proboat pt 109 and the pt 109 550 can motors and the water cooling system. I haven't heard great things about the cooling system so I might add a pump so it is pressurized. I chipped away the old filler from around the shafts because they were done poorly. I am really enjoying the rebuild of this boat, it will be a nice addition to the growing fleet.
Old Jun 13, 2011, 05:30 PM
United States, CA, Hayward
Joined Feb 2006
879 Posts
Watch the Top Hamper weight, these beasts can get a bit tender(Tippy), the lower in the hull the better. Boat does not need to be over powered as it goes very easily. Cheap 555 motors at a 5,000 Rpm would work out nicely.
CaptLee is offline Find More Posts by CaptLee
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:04 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
I was able to paint the inside of the boat this morning so here are a few before and after pics. First is how it looked just before I painted it.
Old Jun 19, 2011, 12:43 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
here is after paint.
Old Jul 03, 2011, 05:02 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
I'm getting work done every few nites. The deck is about 3/4 finished so soon I will be priming and painting. Then the hull is the only thing I will have left.
Old Oct 13, 2011, 08:30 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
I have been filling and sanding the hull quite a bit. Should be finished with that soon then on to paint. Pics to follow. Does anyone have recommendations for both primer and paint for the hull of this boat? The finished colors will be white red and black.
Old Oct 31, 2011, 07:29 PM
USA, NY, Laurel
Joined Aug 2010
1,093 Posts
dont know where to post this so I will post it here... its me having fun at work about two months ago. Its about 25 feet up and a lot of fun! This is in new harbor Block Island Rhode Island. The boat makes day excursions to block from the north fork of long island NY. It is a quick and convenient service. The 85ft super cruiser Peconic Star Express cruises at 17-18kts to BI.
Last edited by catchthis; Oct 31, 2011 at 07:35 PM.