Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 24, 2009, 05:42 PM
Oslo, Norway
Joined Jan 2008
50 Posts
Junsi, thanks for another great "gadget"

Tried to upgrade the firmware using Junsi Upgrader (Ver1.4) but it didn't work, a popup window showed this error message:
Quote:
Download failed.
Error = 0x800C0006
No message available
Could not find CellLog(8S)_V201 under the download directory either, maybe that's the problem.
Well, my CellLogg have v203 so V201 is obsolete anyway.

Is V203 the latest version - if not, were can I find the latest version?

-Frank-
quadrocopter is online now Find More Posts by quadrocopter
Last edited by quadrocopter; Jun 25, 2009 at 12:11 AM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2009, 07:14 PM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,219 Posts
According to tracking mine should be here tomorrow.

I went to the LogView website and can't find a link to download the v2.4 software. There is a blue "download" but nothing in the immediate area is a link. Clicking on any other link goes to German language pages. Clicking on the English translate link just takes you back to the home page. Anyone figure this out yet?

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:46 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by quadrocopter
Junsi, thanks for another great "gadget"

Tried to upgrade the firmware using Junsi Upgrader (Ver1.4) but it didn't work, a popup window showed this error message:

Could not find CellLog(8S)_V201 under the download directory either, maybe that's the problem.
Well, my CellLogg have v203 so V201 is obsolete anyway.

Is V203 the latest version - if not, were can I find the latest version?

-Frank-
Hello Frank,

Now the latest version is V2.03, and we will release V2.04 in the near future, mainly improving the sampling rate, pls pay special attention these days.

Regards,
Junsi
junsi is online now Find More Posts by junsi
Old Jun 25, 2009, 12:58 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbojoe
According to tracking mine should be here tomorrow.

I went to the LogView website and can't find a link to download the v2.4 software. There is a blue "download" but nothing in the immediate area is a link. Clicking on any other link goes to German language pages. Clicking on the English translate link just takes you back to the home page. Anyone figure this out yet?

Joe
Hello Joe,

Currently, you can download the v2.4 software from the mini CD included in CellLog. When the new version V2.5 is updated in the Logview Website, then you can download from it directly.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jun 25, 2009, 08:08 AM
M0unt@in M0del$ minion
USA, AZ, Mesa
Joined Jul 2002
7,219 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by junsi
Hello Joe,

Currently, you can download the v2.4 software from the mini CD included in CellLog. When the new version V2.5 is updated in the Logview Website, then you can download from it directly.

Regards,
Junsi
I didn't expect a CD to come with it. Cool. Now all I have to do is get my package. Tracking shows that they delivered it yesterday but they didn't deliver it to me! Now I have to go fight with the post office.

Joe
turbojoe is offline Find More Posts by turbojoe
Old Jun 26, 2009, 09:20 AM
Indonesia, Jakarta Capital Region, Djakarta
Joined Apr 2007
404 Posts
can anyone show me a picture on how to connect celllog to a battery pack? Does it take JST-XH balancing taps like iCharger?
rizky_p is online now Find More Posts by rizky_p
Old Jun 26, 2009, 10:22 AM
ProgressiveRC
Seattle, WA
Joined Dec 2006
1,996 Posts
Yes, JST-XH or JST-EH taps (1S-8S) can be plugged directly in.

I'm looking forward to version 2.04 and what it has in store.

Cheers,
David
write2dgray is offline Find More Posts by write2dgray
RCG Plus Member
Old Jul 02, 2009, 05:31 PM
Dave Appleton
Liverpool, Great Britain (UK)
Joined May 2004
466 Posts
Brill!!!!

Junsi/guys
Had five flights with my 25% extra his evening. Uses 8S but in the absence of the 2nd cell log which is on order, I plugged it into my 5S pack (5+3) and went flying. Had 5 flights and had 5 separate log files. Downloaded them with no probs at all to logview and had a good look through them. I use Rhino 3700s and have found them to be excellent in voltage retention at on or around 70A, but this was the chance to verify their inflight performance, specially toward the end of the flight. Have to say this bit of kit is superb as is all Junsi's equipment and will be used on a regular basis. Ive attached 3 of the 5 files for you to see and AS you can see they seem quite good performers! Thx Junsi.....Of note was that I had to uninstall my existing logview and reinstall the CD supplied copy as this has the cell-log on it and i wasnt sure how to update the logview database (cant read german!)

Did I say i was chuffed with this little gizmo!

cheers

Dave
Fire42 is offline Find More Posts by Fire42
Old Jul 03, 2009, 04:17 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Hello everyone here,

We want to implement a battery capacity display feature in CellLog, but now we do not know the relationship between the open circuit voltage and battery capacity. Take Lipo cell as example:

100%----4.20V
  90%-----4.06V
  80%-----3.98V
  70%-----3.92V
  60%-----3.87V
  50%-----3.82V
  40%-----3.79V
  30%-----3.77V
  20%-----3.74V
  10%-----3.68V
  5%------3.45V
  0%------3.00V

Would you pls tell us if you know the information? We want to know details of Lipo, Lilo and LiFe.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 04, 2009, 12:09 AM
CamLight Systems
New York City, USA
Joined Oct 2003
1,172 Posts
Quote:
Hello Frank,

Now the latest version is V2.03, and we will release V2.04 in the near future, mainly improving the sampling rate, pls pay special attention these days.

Regards,
Junsi
Excellent!
I'm very much looking forward to this release.
JohnMuchow is offline Find More Posts by JohnMuchow
Old Jul 07, 2009, 01:16 AM
Joined Jul 2009
18 Posts
Dear Junsi,

I received my cellog 8 a few days ago. I tried using it today for the first time. When I connected a lipo battery to the terminal block, I was able to see diagnostic data for a few minutes, then the unit continuously reset every three seconds. I can not get the logger to return to any other function. The unit just keeps resetting - never getting past the startup screens. I've tried every combination of button pushing, but the unit just keeps resetting.

I would appreciate it if you could suggest any solution to this problem, as I would like to try to avoid the tedious process of applying for a refund from HobbyCity, or a warranty claim from a foreign vendor.

Thank you for your attention to this problem. I'm looking forward to your reply.

-Floopy1
Floopy1 is offline Find More Posts by Floopy1
Old Jul 07, 2009, 01:40 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floopy1
Dear Junsi,

When I connected a lipo battery to the terminal block, I was able to see diagnostic data for a few minutes, then the unit continuously reset every three seconds. I can not get the logger to return to any other function. The unit just keeps resetting - never getting past the startup screens. I've tried every combination of button pushing, but the unit just keeps resetting.
-Floopy1
Hello Sir,

Only a lipo battery is not enough, the pack battery voltage should be more than 4.0V.

Regards,
Junsi
Last edited by junsi; Jul 07, 2009 at 03:00 AM.
Old Jul 07, 2009, 10:17 PM
Joined Jul 2009
18 Posts
Quote:
Hello Sir,

Only a lipo battery is not enough, the pack battery voltage should be more than 4.0V.

Regards,
Junsi

Dear sir,

By battery, I mean I connected a 3S1P battery. That being 11.1V, the unit should function properly.

The same problem occurs when connected to my computer via USB.

-Floopy1
Floopy1 is offline Find More Posts by Floopy1
Old Jul 08, 2009, 02:58 AM
iCharger
Joined Mar 2007
1,081 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floopy1
Dear sir,

By battery, I mean I connected a 3S1P battery. That being 11.1V, the unit should function properly.

The same problem occurs when connected to my computer via USB.

-Floopy1
Hello Sir,

After upgrading, your CellLog is OK now, right?

Regards,
Junsi
Old Jul 08, 2009, 05:39 AM
Southern Pride
Haralson County GA. USA
Joined Oct 2004
34,555 Posts
Quote:
Hello everyone here,

We want to implement a battery capacity display feature in CellLog, but now we do not know the relationship between the open circuit voltage and battery capacity. Take Lipo cell as example:

100%----4.20V
  90%-----4.06V
  80%-----3.98V
  70%-----3.92V
  60%-----3.87V
  50%-----3.82V
  40%-----3.79V
  30%-----3.77V
  20%-----3.74V
  10%-----3.68V
  5%------3.45V
  0%------3.00V

Would you pls tell us if you know the information? We want to know details of Lipo, Lilo and LiFe.

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Junsi

LiPo

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...33&postcount=1
and these values will be different based on cells true C rate,dischrge rate, temperature ,etc.

A123 LiFePO4 , no load volrage mean next to nothing capacity wise.

Charles
everydayflyer is online now Find More Posts by everydayflyer