Aug 30, 2012, 07:41 PM
I was originally interested in a Sky Surfer but after waiting forever to hear back from BH I ordered a Bixler V1 from HK USA. I'm glad my Bixler is on the way because...

"Thank you for contacting Banana Hobby.

I apologize for any inconvenience but at this time Item AP1937-34-RTF/AP2029-34-KIT the 4 CH Sky Surfer V4 RC Aerobatic Flight Trainer currently has no EDA (Estimated Date of Arrival). I apologize for any inconveniences this may have caused. Have a wonderful day!

Should you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact the Customer Service department by calling us at (626) 373-2288 Monday through Friday, 9:00am to 6:00pm PST and we will be happy to assist you.

Thank you,
Renee

Banana Hobby Customer Support Center"

to remove ads between posts
Aug 30, 2012, 08:12 PM
Limited flyer
Quote:
Originally Posted by idletime View Post
There is Moving & Storage and there is Storage tape for Boats....which on are you referring to? Do you have a link?
It's not rocket science, any well supplied hardware store would carry it.
Aug 30, 2012, 09:01 PM
Stawamus chief Squamish BC HK Bixler Gopro hero2 (4 min 4 sec)
Aug 30, 2012, 09:09 PM
Argue for your limitations
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Limited flyer View Post
It's not rocket science, any well supplied hardware store would carry it.
Your response is both caustic and proves that you didn't read the post.
Here is his original post:
1. There is Moving & Storage and 2. there is Storage tape for Boats....3.which on are you referring to? 4.Do you have a link?
1. One type of tape.
2. Another type of tape.
3. Inquiring which one he should use.
4. requesting a link.
At NO point is there an "IT". He is asking about two different types of tape. Your post contributes nothing to solving his question about TWO tapes. So, I am left once again wondering what is going on with you.
AJ
Aug 30, 2012, 09:12 PM
Quote:
There is Moving & Storage and there is Storage tape for Boats....which on are you referring to? Do you have a link?
It is the 3650 series. I buy mine at Office Max.

3M link:
http://products3.3m.com/catalog/au/e...er/output_html
Aug 30, 2012, 09:16 PM
Thread OP

P.S. to everyone (one [only] post off topic)

My new left shoulder is starting to work really good - No more pain killers - Whoopee. Life is good once again. Thanks to everyone for your support over the long ordeal. I hope to "solo" again soon to see if I still remember how to fly my SkyS(s). I am limited to lifting a maximum of 5 lbs at this stage in my PT. The SkyS is well under that. Of course, I will provide a video because it is occasionally said - "If it isn't on video, it didn't happen".
AJ
Aug 30, 2012, 09:17 PM
It should fly at least once
I use this https://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...uct=5719:cool:
Aug 30, 2012, 09:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajbaker View Post
My new left shoulder is starting to work really good - No more pain killers - Whoopee. Life is good once again. Thanks to everyone for your support over the long ordeal. I hope to "solo" again soon to see if I still remember how to fly my SkyS(s). I am limited to lifting a maximum of 5 lbs at this stage in my PT. The SkyS is well under that. Of course, I will provide a video because it is occasionally said - "If it isn't on video, it didn't happen".
AJ
Heck AJ. You can taxi the SS out to the field and hang the radio around your neck. Don't have to lift a thing except your arm.
Aug 30, 2012, 09:39 PM
Thread OP

Terrific scenery, too

Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwood View Post
Wow! Nice, REally nice. With a catch at the end, too. How did you get up there?
AJ
Aug 30, 2012, 09:44 PM
Thread OP
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle202 View Post
Heck AJ. You can taxi the SS out to the field and hang the radio around your neck. Don't have to lift a thing except your arm.
Good point. And I only need my right arm and shoulder (left arm got the new parts). I am going to try to get a picture of the xray. It is totally cool how they did it. Going through metal detectors successfully is a thing of the past now. All the stainless steel parts that they used weigh more than a gun.
AJ
Aug 30, 2012, 10:06 PM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Quote:
Good point. And I only need my right arm and shoulder (left arm got the new parts). I am going to try to get a picture of the xray. It is totally cool how they did it. Going through metal detectors successfully is a thing of the past now. All the stainless steel parts that they used weigh more than a gun.
AJ
Your going to have a lot of fun at airports. Every time those alarms go off you will be the illustrated man.
Aug 30, 2012, 10:47 PM
Quote:
Wow! Nice, REally nice. With a catch at the end, too. How did you get up there?
AJ
backpack the radio & battery & just carry the plane by hand 1.5 hr. hike
Aug 31, 2012, 12:02 AM
BGR
BGR
Foam Junkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Westwood View Post
backpack the radio & battery & just carry the plane by hand 1.5 hr. hike
I think I would hire a Helicopter LOL
Aug 31, 2012, 12:46 PM
The desert collection
Got my Bixler Ver. 2? from HK yesterday. A new record, less than two weeks. I'm getting smarter though and not mixing in any batteries with an HK Hong Kong order. I'm fortunate that their American warehouse is less than 7 miles away, so I get next day service from them when I order batteries. Their USA plane stock kind of sucks, but I've not had a problem getting any battery that I need.

In the same vein, I ordered some batteries for my uncle Charlie, he's deathly scared of using a credit card on the internet and a discussion of Paypal causes his eyes to glaze over. Anyway I bought them and since I was going to go back down to Yuma to visit my dad and check on some damage to my house, I threw the batteries in my carry on and away we went to the airport. Everything went okay until TSA Xrayed my bag. They spotted the lipos in there (and up to this point I've never had a problem.) I usually carry a TX too, but this time I didn't need to. Needless to say the inspection was just short of a cavity search. Unwrapped all batteries, swabbed them to put through the sniffer, put my bag through another time and that was it. We stopped in Vegas for a couple of days, and I was dreading the TSA search again there. This time they didn't bat and eye, everything went right through the first time.

Go figure?

Jack
Aug 31, 2012, 01:49 PM
Deleted....it was addressed.

Quick Reply