HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:10 AM
Joined Feb 2007
384 Posts
Rave
Banana Hobby

I have to say that from all the post I have read I was skeptical about ordering from Banana Hobby. Well let me tell you I was wrong. Today the plane I ordered last week arrived at my door. It was well packaged and exactly what was advertised. Also, during the interim between order and arrival I contacted them with a few questions. I received speedy replies that answered my questions. I would not hesitate to order from BH again and in fact I plan too.
I think people have to understand that every business is different and therefore they have different customer service rules. Also some have dedicated manufacturing facilities and others are importers with limited control over inventory.
All in all, do your research, follows the rules, and only believe 1/8th of what you read.
sinowace is offline Find More Posts by sinowace
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 15, 2014, 11:17 AM
Kimbers Keeper.
Joined Nov 2014
116 Posts
I agree, I have ordered half dozen times and never had anything but top shelf service. And the
products were as advertised.

My first order from HK was a disaster. As was my first order from HH.
BHOFM is offline Find More Posts by BHOFM
Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:17 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,430 Posts
Where you guys located?
tailskid2 is offline Find More Posts by tailskid2
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:24 PM
Kimbers Keeper.
Joined Nov 2014
116 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tailskid2 View Post
Where you guys located?
NW Arkansas.
BHOFM is offline Find More Posts by BHOFM
Old Dec 15, 2014, 04:35 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,430 Posts
I'll be seeing them at the AMA Convention next month...hope they have something new to buy
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 15, 2014, 07:36 PM
What Goes Up Must Come Down
United States, NJ
Joined Jan 2013
723 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by sinowace View Post
I have to say that from all the post I have read I was skeptical about ordering from Banana Hobby. Well let me tell you I was wrong. Today the plane I ordered last week arrived at my door. It was well packaged and exactly what was advertised. Also, during the interim between order and arrival I contacted them with a few questions. I received speedy replies that answered my questions. I would not hesitate to order from BH again and in fact I plan too.
I think people have to understand that every business is different and therefore they have different customer service rules. Also some have dedicated manufacturing facilities and others are importers with limited control over inventory.
All in all, do your research, follows the rules, and only believe 1/8th of what you read.
Maybe they've changed but my experience with them was totally opposite. It was when I first started in this hobby and didn't know any better. Later I read reviews and saw I wasn't alone in how I felt about them. I'm glad you had a good experience however include me in that 1/8 your referring to.
PRNDL is offline Find More Posts by PRNDL
Old Dec 15, 2014, 08:18 PM
United States, CA, Fontana
Joined May 2011
1,380 Posts
I had a really bad experience with them about 2 years ago.
It was over a bad ESC in a plane i bought from them.
I couldn't get the problem resolved & bought another ESC elsewhere so i could fly the plane.
A couple months later i was at the AMA Expo & stopped by their booth with all the emails i saved about the horrible experience i had.
Needless to say, when i started talking to them about it, they did all they could to take care of the situation before other people there started hearing what i had to say.
In a couple of days, i had a replacement ESC, which i haven't used to this day.
I have never bought from them since.

Added info: i live about 35 miles from Banana Hobby & when i was having the problem, i even offered to bring the plane to them.
I was told that they couldn't handle it that way (nice service huh)

I will also be at the AMA Expo next month & that's one booth i won't be spending any time at.
Clive66 is offline Find More Posts by Clive66
Last edited by Clive66; Dec 15, 2014 at 08:40 PM.
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:04 AM
United States, NJ, Dunellen
Joined Aug 2014
210 Posts
I have mixed feelings with them. I bought my first plane from them ; a mini Cessna 3 ch. It served me well . But I also bought a mini EDF from them . It was a clearance item and I have never gotten it to fly. Clearance items are purchased as is so I was screwed.

Small items like lipos bags and neck straps from them have been great and I am willing to buy their ARF F117 Stealth EDF one day soon. So depending how this works out will determine whether I will continue to buy planes from them. I suppose small items from pilot figures to batteries will always be considered there. No problems with them there.

The stealth fighter will be the tie breaker. Which way will it go?
shonmac is offline Find More Posts by shonmac
Old Dec 16, 2014, 01:01 PM
Joined Mar 2014
142 Posts
Hello everyone,

We really appreciate the kind words for those who have shared their experiences. I also want to apologize for those who have experienced difficulties in the past. As of now, we have made some changes and prioritized several goals such as providing better service than before. For those who have any questions, concerns or need assistance - I can be reached here on RCG with a PM. You can also get in contact with our support crew by using one of our contact methods on the support section of our site.

-Alex
BHCSR ALEX is offline Find More Posts by BHCSR ALEX
Old Dec 16, 2014, 09:57 PM
USA, AZ, Phoenix
Joined May 2003
3,430 Posts
Alex, will you be at the AMA convention?
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 17, 2014, 05:41 PM
Joined Mar 2014
142 Posts
tailskid2,

Yes, I will be at the Banana Hobby booth for the 2015 AMA Expo. If you have a chance, stop by our booth - we'll have some neat demo planes on display!

-Alex
Old Dec 17, 2014, 05:56 PM
Joined Feb 2007
384 Posts
Alex, when will the Super Dimona flight video be out?
sinowace is offline Find More Posts by sinowace
Old Dec 19, 2014, 02:54 PM
Joined Mar 2014
142 Posts
Hello sinowace,

The Super Dimona flight video experienced some setbacks since we have shifted video production on other upcoming items. It may be some time until we see that flight video, I apologize for the delays.

-Alex