New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 12, 2015, 07:45 AM
Find More Posts by Kooshball
Joined Jan 2014
178 Posts
Discussion
Motor, battery or esc problem?

I have had my crack yak for about a year and a half and my turbo beaver for 7 months and they both started acting funny in different ways with no shared components.

Yak on 2s flies fine sometimes then other times the motor basically gets confused and just bobbles around not really turning. Doesn't matter what the throttle setting is.

The beaver is on 3s and now only gets 15 second flights before the motor powers down to 20% or so. Voltage on the battery is still 100% so I am confused with both issues.

Does this sound like any particular common problems?
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 12, 2015, 08:01 AM
Find More Posts by dankar04
Tucson, Az
Joined Feb 2007
12,308 Posts
Your batteries are shot. Even if voltage shows good. Try new battery. Once under load bad batteries go south. how old are they ? do you run them two low ?
dankar04 is online now Find More Posts by dankar04
Old Jul 12, 2015, 08:35 AM
Find More Posts by spastic
ProBro Spaz
Buffalo, NY
Joined Aug 2004
1,282 Posts
the confused motor is most likely a broken intermittent winding in the motor or the leads coming out of the motor (connection to the esc).. the 15sec thing, is harder to tell, can you get a watt meter to check the volts and amps? I've had a damaged ESC do that, bad bearings, glue in the bearings...
spastic is offline Find More Posts by spastic
Old Jul 13, 2015, 02:40 PM
Find More Posts by Kooshball
Joined Jan 2014
178 Posts
So I did some investigating and found that when I move the wires going into the motor the confused motor works fine...probably a loose wire.

I ordered some new 3s batteries for the other one so we will see. I don't let them hit low voltage cutoff so they haven't been abused but maybe they don't last more than 7 months anyway?
Kooshball is offline Find More Posts by Kooshball