New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2015, 04:53 PM
Find More Posts by findlaym
Joined Jun 2015
7 Posts
Discussion
V911 Binding Help!

I have been through all the tutorials and the manual and I still cannot get my heli to bind. here is the story:

Ordered RTF kit from bangood, came in several packages- would not bind
Tried customer support, gave up, bought BNF heli just to get flying.- bnf would not bind.
after a few months, bangood sent me a new board but I'm starting to think it's the TX not the heli.

I'm just sick of ordering DOA WL toys stuff from bangood and waiting weeks to get a response about the fact that it does not work. Are there other units that the TX will work with a V911? I have a Syma x5c but I tried and it would not bind either (different protocol?).

So: do you think it is the TX that's non functional? are there other TX units that have the same protocall and would work with my V911?

Thanks!
findlaym is offline Find More Posts by findlaym
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 19, 2015, 08:50 PM
Find More Posts by Tsheets
I put habenaros on my eggs
United States, NV, Gardnerville
Joined Feb 2015
570 Posts
I had one rx that wouldn't bind. It never did...I had othe V911s that did bind so I knew the tx was OK.

Wish I could help you
Tsheets is offline Find More Posts by Tsheets
Old Jun 19, 2015, 09:19 PM
Find More Posts by JohnFM
United States, WY
Joined Oct 2014
1,382 Posts
I had several V-911's, non ever did a bind in a proper manner.
Stick a battery in the heli, when the red light on the board starts to flash, turn on the transmitter. In a few seconds it should react to stick movements.
If the red light is flashing and it never quits after you turn on the transmitter, you have a dead transmitter.
If the heli works, fine, you just basically rebind for every battery change.
JohnFM is online now Find More Posts by JohnFM
Old Jun 20, 2015, 01:52 PM
Joined Jun 2015
7 Posts
Yeah, sounds about right. What about other wl toys products? If I buy a 4 ch plane or a quad will the tx bind to my v911?
Old Jun 20, 2015, 02:49 PM
Joined Jun 2015
7 Posts
I found this list. Will any TX that uses the flysky protocall be functional with a V911? That's the protocall the V911 uses...

Thanks
Old Jun 20, 2015, 02:59 PM
Find More Posts by JohnFM
United States, WY
Joined Oct 2014
1,382 Posts
All WLT use the same radio protocol.
As far as I know any transmitter will work with any model.
Some transmitters have a few more functions than others, but basic stick functions are the same.
JohnFM is online now Find More Posts by JohnFM
Old Jun 20, 2015, 03:17 PM
Find More Posts by mono
⤤ ⤳ ⤴ ⇲
Joined Aug 2008
1,480 Posts
John... all WLToys do not use the same protocol.
See the list of Flysky supported models at the Deviation model database.

findlaym...
It's always a possibility to get a faulty radio, it's happened to others.
However, others have also had difficulty in the binding procedure with a fully functional radio and heli.
This model uses the original FlySky protocol and there are quite a few other models (and standalone radios) which use it also.
I have a few quads which use the same system and a v911 and I've had difficulty at times too.
But before giving up on that radio, it's worth trying the alternate first time bind tricks which have been documented by others, providing you haven't already done so.
Ome method which has been successful for some is to make sure the throttle trim is set to minimum and the throttle stick fully down, then plug the battery in the heli first and then turn on the radio, but you need to be quick with the radio switch.
There is a vid on youtube (here) showing the procedure, and a thread here on rcg.
mono is offline Find More Posts by mono
Old Jun 20, 2015, 05:53 PM
Joined Jun 2015
7 Posts
Thanks for the help. Yes I have been through the binding procedure numerous times on 2 separate helis. I ordered another tx from china, $15 CAD shipped. I thought about getting a fixed wing with a the flysky protocol and then I remembered how much I've spent so far and still can't fly it hahahha