|Feb 01, 2013, 07:48 PM|
RARE mCX2 Ultimate Tail Boom Kits inc. scale lights
Have you ever had to face the difficult decision of whether you want to keep the lights on your mCX2, or gain better performance by using the carbon fiber tail boom?
Well if you answered yes it is your lucky day, as my mCX2 Ultimate Tail Boom + LED Set includes both the tail boom with a micro 0603 dual coloured surface mount LED and the wiring harness required to plug it directly into your mCX2ís 5-in-1 board. The wiring harness also includes 2 more LEDs.
The light effects of the LEDs are as follows:
Wiring harness Ė RED and GREEN LEDs for the sides of the front part of the canopy which remain solidly lit.
Tail Boom Ė RED and WARM WHITE dual coloured LED which flashes WHITE while blinking RED (or the other way around, it depends on which way you connect the tail boom 3-pin plug, the decision is up to you).
Here is an example of the same kit but on an mCX S300, skip to 5:25 to see it in action (but please note that you are bidding on an mCX2 tail boom equipped with the same lights, as pictured above):
This set up makes for a great scale look, and will really make your mCX2 stand out from the crowd.
Also Installation is easy and can be done in the time that it takes for the glue to dry.
1. Remove the stock mCX2 canopy, and set the front section aside.
2. Installation is easier if you strip your mCX2 down, donít worry there are only 4 screws that you will need to remove. It is best if you take the rotor gears off and slide out the inner shaft with the blades attached, as well as removing the 5-in-1 board, plus the skids.
3. Now that your mCX2 has been stripped down you can insert the tail boom into the back of the main frame, push it in until the main frame meets the white part of the boom.
4. Once the tail boom is in place very carefully weave the 3-pin tail boom plug and wires through the main frame looping the wires around several points. However ensure that there is still enough length for the 3-pin tail boom plug to reach the wire harness.
5. Optional: Apply the tiniest amount of glue to the points where you looped the wires around the main frame.
6. Now take the front part of the canopy and poke 2 tiny holes in it (one on either side)using a throwing dart or other pointy object. Where you place the navigation lights is up to you, I extended the wires between the lights so you can fit them almost anywhere on the front part of the canopy
7. Apply some glue to the LEDs on the wiring harness and position them on the front part of the canopy so that the lights poke through the holes that you made. Alternatively you could simply use clear tape to hold the lights in position, or a combination of both.
8. Finally re-assemble your mCX2 and plug in the lights.
Be the envy of your friends with an ultra rare , unique, hand assembled mCX2 Ultimate Tail Boom + LED Set. The best part will be telling your friends that there are only 5 in the world and they missed out.
Donít be the one who misses out, PM me an offer now.
|Feb 13, 2013, 07:46 AM|
I only have 1 modified tailboom and light kit left. $25 USD and its yours. Make your friends green with envy with the best mCX2 upgrade ever to be released, the best part is when people ask where to buy one you can say there was only 5 ever built and you missed out buddy, dont be the one who misses out! I'll even throw in some bonus items which will add to the performance
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|For Sale Rare Complete-A-Pac Scale P-47 Razorback kit, $175.00||jerryantczak||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||0||Jan 29, 2013 01:57 PM|
|Sold Rare Air Sail PA-38 Piper Tomahawk Balsa Kit Very Nice Scale $165.00 FREE SHIPPING!||stevster||Aircraft - Fuel - Airplanes (FS/W)||4||Jan 18, 2013 09:32 PM|
|Discussion Can someone recommend a scale light kit for an MD500?||leereyn||Scale Helicopters||1||Jan 16, 2013 04:20 PM|
|For Sale KEVLAR DLG PODS sold separately or with a tail boom||DLGjunkyard||Aircraft - Sailplanes (FS/W)||7||Jan 08, 2013 09:40 PM|
|Sold The ultimate Trex 450 Crash kit with Align aluminum tail boom||newbieflyer12724||Aircraft - Electric - Helis (FS/W)||3||Jun 23, 2007 01:06 AM|