New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 04, 2015, 09:51 AM
Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
United States, CO, Oxford
Joined Feb 2012
479 Posts
Discussion
Rc guys 33% pitts s-1 arf

I was looking for some info on this ARF. It's been around since 2009 and still can not find that much info online and there's only a handful of videos on You Tube. Why?

So info I found was about wing incidence problems and china cote. Have the ARF's got better through the years? If you have one could you let me know how you like it?

This the only S-1 style ARF I can find on the market. Always loved the look and have a DLE 55RA that would work well with it. If it's not worth building this plane I may go with PAU S-2 Bulldog.

Thanks for your time!
DMHIGHFLYER is offline Find More Posts by DMHIGHFLYER
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 04, 2015, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by ace4rc
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,300 Posts
I have not had one but know of one. The covering was horrendous and yep the wings were a bear to get right. I would not recommend this ARF to anyone that was not willing to do a complete recover and wing seat set. Are you interested in building one from plans?
ace4rc is online now Find More Posts by ace4rc
Old Jan 05, 2015, 07:36 PM
Joined Feb 2012
479 Posts
Thanks for the info. I have built from plans years ago but I have very little time these days. Most of my spare time I try to get out and fly. If I can build a few ARF's in the winter I'm lucky.

I have been follow you build thread, your Pitts is beautiful, you have a lot of talent!
Is that Pitts S-1 you just bought a Great Planes?
Old Jan 05, 2015, 07:40 PM
Find More Posts by ace4rc
tampa,florida
Joined Nov 2007
2,300 Posts
Thank you and yes, it is. This GP looks more like an S1 than the S2 it's suppose to be.
ace4rc is online now Find More Posts by ace4rc
Old Jan 06, 2015, 06:59 AM
WCB
Find More Posts by WCB
WCB
NC
Joined Aug 2005
1,190 Posts
I've wanted one of the RC Guys Pitts for years, but the covering put me off. I have seen some of their other planes and the covering is awful. NO they haven't gotten better through the years.
WCB is offline Find More Posts by WCB
Old Jan 06, 2015, 09:54 PM
Joined Feb 2012
479 Posts
That's good to know, thanks for the info. I also been looking at the PAU 27% Pitts BullDog and Challenger. I can't find any bad info about PAU, everyone that owns there ARF's seems to love them.