HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:34 PM
Spastic Flyer
Omaha
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
Question
Futaba 6XHs radio on Belt CP - please help!

I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to setup an older Futaba heli radio (6X) TX on my belt CP.

Turns out, the swash styles it supposed (style 3) is backwards from the belt - the elevator is in the rear, and the pitch/aileron in the front (instead of elevator up front).

I can get everything else, L/R aileron, pitch, etc, all setup, but the elevator is backwards. I can already tell the TX is much more responsive than the stock ESky TX, I had expo setup, dual rates, and was just getting ready to try her out in the garage when I realized the elevator was backwards ;(

I'd *really* like to use this radio, I"m comfortable with it, and it's setup to run my planes (6 model memory).

Without taking apart the TX and reversing the elevator stick, does anyone know how (or if) I can set this up?
Scoots is offline Find More Posts by Scoots
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:43 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoots
I've spent the last 2 hours trying to figure out how to setup an older Futaba heli radio (6X) TX on my belt CP.

Turns out, the swash styles it supposed (style 3) is backwards from the belt - the elevator is in the rear, and the pitch/aileron in the front (instead of elevator up front).

I can get everything else, L/R aileron, pitch, etc, all setup, but the elevator is backwards. I can already tell the TX is much more responsive than the stock ESky TX, I had expo setup, dual rates, and was just getting ready to try her out in the garage when I realized the elevator was backwards ;(

I'd *really* like to use this radio, I"m comfortable with it, and it's setup to run my planes (6 model memory).

Without taking apart the TX and reversing the elevator stick, does anyone know how (or if) I can set this up?
go to your swah menu and on the ele setting , if its a positive, change it to a negitive or if its a negitive change it to a positive number to fix it

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:51 PM
Spastic Flyer
Omaha
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
Got it!

This OLD thread pointed out a non-documented function in the 6XA manual...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165568

TYVM 2003!
Old Jan 26, 2009, 11:56 PM
brooklyn,ny
Joined Jul 2007
2,283 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scoots
Got it!

This OLD thread pointed out a non-documented function in the 6XA manual...

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=165568

TYVM 2003!
i take it that your AFR is our Swash menu setting

-pete
meanbaby is offline Find More Posts by meanbaby
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Polaris #58 control horn
Old Jan 27, 2009, 12:28 AM
Spastic Flyer
Omaha
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
Yes.

Got it all set.

Except for one slightly important thing.

Ch 3 was reversed.

Trust me, that made for quite a surprise, when I plugged everything in, didn't hear ESC beeps, so I slowly moved the throttle up to full, heard beeps, and (mistakenly) automatically dropped it back down. Full throttle on my kitchen table. With parts, a laptop, tools, TX manual, all right there.

Good thing I (instinctively) was holding it by the skids. Moved the throttle stick back up to full, and the engine cut. Whew. A quick snap from the wife about waking up the kids was all I suffered. And a few skipped heartbeats.

I reversed CH 3, but must have some D/R or ATV on there keeping it from going low enough to activate the ESC.

It's late, and I'm getting sloppy. Time to pack it in

I LOVE that I can control separately each input to the swash... that's going to make setting this thing up a royal PITA, but in the end it will be great!

Bye bye ESky TX
Old Jan 27, 2009, 03:51 AM
trex 500esp msh protos
south west uk
Joined Apr 2008
1,391 Posts
all futaba transmitters need channel three reversed,make sure the throttle trim is at zero to arm the esc
henry
henryd123 is offline Find More Posts by henryd123
Old Jan 27, 2009, 08:35 PM
Spastic Flyer
Omaha
Joined Jul 2004
524 Posts
Whew. REVO mixing took me a bit to figure out. Turning it off is only mentioned in small print, in the middle of a very large paragraph

Now to get pitch and idle-up working set.