SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 05, 2014, 01:35 PM
United States, FL, Hastings
Joined May 2013
92 Posts
Discussion
Happy birthday Supermarine Spitfire!

Happy 78th birthday to the Supermarine Spitfire. On this day in in 1936, R.J. Mitchell's beautiful design took to the skies for the first time. The elliptical wing of the Spitfire was and still is one of the most efficient ever built.

"We looked at this thing, we walked around it, we stroked it, we sat in it. I fell in love with it. It was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen." RAF Wing Commander Bob Doe.

It definitely is to me, at least, the most beautiful airplane ever made.
You know, I told my wife today that I love her just as much as the ole Spit, and that she should be lucky, because it was my first love, after all. I'm glad she has a very good sense of humor.

Post pics of your favorite variants, pictures, etc, if you wish. And don't forget to wish it a happy birthday!
Condor84 is online now Find More Posts by Condor84
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 05, 2014, 01:55 PM
Joined Jan 2009
1,550 Posts
Please don't get mad at me, but I was given a choice between an actual Spitrfire and your wife...?
packardpursuit is offline Find More Posts by packardpursuit
Old Mar 05, 2014, 04:34 PM
United States, FL, Hastings
Joined May 2013
92 Posts
No worries. I'd choose the Spitfire.
Condor84 is online now Find More Posts by Condor84