HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 05:30 AM
Swindon, Wiltshire, England
United Kingdom, England, Swindon
Joined Dec 2013
21 Posts
Hi guys. One thing I don't know if you know is that U.S. flyers in the uk get the planes between 6 months to 12 months after you chaps in the usa and Australia. The fms p51 v8 is still not in our shops today. The only way to get one is via the net.
So how much do you pay for the v8 bailoutguys? I got one on the net for 259 but as I said well after you guys saw them. And my experience is the version we get May be called 8 but it usually is a different spec to that advertised in the usa or Australia. Gosh you think you got it bad!!!!! Fun flying this weekend chaps
kevin osman is online now Find More Posts by kevin osman
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 08:52 AM
Warbird Enthusiast
Long Island, NY
Joined Jan 2008
5,468 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailoutguys View Post
G'day Syntax,
I wonder just how hard it would be for FMS to include two or three propeller hubs with different pitch angles built into the mounting positions for the props?
Daryl.....As we know the stock 4520 540kv will fly the P-51 and with the substitution of the 580kv a slight increase is noticeable with the 4 blade prop.
I guess if FMS did make an optional (speed hub) with increased pitch it would save some of us from doing the prop mod for the 540 and 580 motors, but if they would just change the power system to the 4258-550 with a 100A esc or something similar to run on 6S with a one piece prop....the optional speed hub would not be needed.

We have already proved to FMS that this is possible..... and with a power system that can run on 6S it seems no difference then what FMS is doing with there 980mm High Speed P-47 and now the P-40B that runs on 4S with a 770kv motor and a 70A esc, as it gives these smaller warbirds unrealistic speed and power.
LICobra is online now Find More Posts by LICobra
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: FMS P-51 4 blade vs 2 blade
Old Yesterday, 09:10 AM
United States, GA, Peachtree City
Joined Feb 2013
1,084 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by LICobra View Post
Daryl.....As we know the stock 4520 540kv will fly the P-51 and with the substitution of the 580kv a slight increase is noticeable with the 4 blade prop.
I guess if FMS did make an optional (speed hub) with increased pitch it would save some of us from doing the prop mod for the 540 and 580 motors, but if they would just change the power system to the 4258-550 with a 100A esc or something similar to run on 6S with a one piece prop....the optional speed hub would not be needed.

We have already proved to FMS that this is possible..... and with a power system that can run on 6S it seems no difference then what FMS is doing with there 980mm High Speed P-47 and now the P-40B that runs on 4S with a 770kv motor and a 70A esc, as it gives these smaller warbirds unrealistic speed and power.
Yep...a power upgrade would really be the only thing I would do as stock if I was FMS...they could still charge the same thing for it and the added little details to make it more scale I would just do myself...

Adam
Adam Stang is offline Find More Posts by Adam Stang
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Joined Apr 2012
177 Posts
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I don't have enough room to store this plane in one piece. Is the plane easy to disassemble?

Yours Quinten
NL_Quint is online now Find More Posts by NL_Quint
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
Medical IT Geek
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam Stang View Post
I'd love to see all that, but then it would be $399 instead of $299, and I wouldn't like that...but honestly...I might pay it anyway.

Adam
Yup there would be a cost for all those options and I agree some I could do (and have done) myself.
Syntax is offline Find More Posts by Syntax
Last edited by Syntax; Yesterday at 05:36 PM.
Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM
Medical IT Geek
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bailoutguys View Post
G'day Syntax,
.... i know tooling up for a new item would not be that cheap but FMS has the data already loaded into the CAD machines so a new tool would not include initial work up time.....

Regards and respect
Daryl
Hey Daryl!
Hope you don't mind my "editing out" a bit of your quote up there!

That's interesting you mention CAD machines and tooling.

FMS probably uses CAD to design the injection molds.

I'm theorizing each half of a wing mold is (CAD software) machined from aluminum. Both halves are then clamped together and foam injected inside. The injection process might be what leaves those two strange circular patterns on the underside of each wing.

So, while the CAD is software involves a CAD designer's time, he/she just alters the previous wings software template.
However, the new molds require hardware and machining, which would probably increase production costs.

Anyone (composite fabricator) here who know this process please comment.
Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM
Aussies fly Down Under!
Australia, WA, Perth
Joined Oct 2012
499 Posts
G'day fellas,

There is a dude on the fms fw190 thread that is now making his own n very impressive, posted some pics of his Dora nose fabrication n will be making them for others apparently.

This ones just for a bit of a laugh, does have the fms mustang in it so not completely off thread.... Lol enjoy. (I did include a explosion for ya daryl.... Boom!).

BF 109's at Forrestfield, Tree landing included! Gordon & John (4 min 46 sec)
Shirty is offline Find More Posts by Shirty
Last edited by Shirty; Yesterday at 05:58 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:23 PM
Medical IT Geek
USA, MN, Rochester
Joined Jul 2007
570 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shirty View Post
G'day fellas,

There is a dude on the fms fw190 thread that is now making his own n very impressive, posted some pics of his Dora nose fabrication n will be making them for others apparently.

This ones just for a bit of a laugh, does have the fms mustang in it so not completely off thread.... Lol enjoy. (I did include a explosion for ya daryl.... Boom!).

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=3pHoGbuFwy8
Just checked out and subscribed to his new thread.
He's using a 3D printer and does gorgeous stuff! Always thought 3D printing is a perfect match for these types of foam models as they have many plastic parts that could be home fabricated. There's a "cottage industry" future with 3D printing and a potential market impact.

+++++++++++++++++++++++++

Isn't that a eucalyptus tree? Get a koala bear to give you a hand!

Great fun video! What video game is that you got the clips from? I've wanted to play an online game like that, but usually there is just way too much lag to make it fun.
Last edited by Syntax; Yesterday at 07:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 06:36 PM
352nd FG Association
United States, GA, Decatur
Joined Mar 2004
4,211 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by NL_Quint View Post
Hi Guys,

Just a quick question. I don't have enough room to store this plane in one piece. Is the plane easy to disassemble?

Yours Quinten
Yes, very easy. Especially if you get the harness for all the servo connectors. It's literally two plugs and 4 little screws. Pop the wing off and you can even split it by sliding it off the spar rods. Whenever I transport mine or store it in tight quarters that's what I do, or leave the wing together and just remove it from the plane.
Moonbeam is online now Find More Posts by Moonbeam