HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Reply
Thread Tools
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:30 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
The Alien FC
http://micro-motor-warehouse.com/col...ducts/alien-fc
Quite expensive. And needs DSM, too.
Afro mini
http://abusemark.com/store/index.php...products_id=45
Cheap, capable of driving brushed motors but you have to install the FETS yourself.
PPM connect only, so your FrSky RX choice is quite limited.

If you seriously want to hop into the brushed micro quad world there will be no excuse for a DSM module for your TX imho.

-mike-
The naze32 mini souds good! Will buy one when they are in stock and the fets I need to solder them on the FC? Frsky have one micro receiver that is PPM and is only 5grams.
Then I might need to upgrade the motors...

Thanks
mfc123 is offline Find More Posts by mfc123
Reply With Quote
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 22, 2014, 11:31 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by limmacslim View Post
mfc123, as far as I know there's not really many other options , maybe someone else will know better.
I also toyed with the idea of using a Frsky VD5M rx with Muliwii on an arduino pro mini, GY521 gyro board & homemade brushed ecs's but came to the conclusion it would turn out too heavy for a tiny quad like the q-bot. The setup is put to use much better with some brushless gear on a slightly bigger quad.

Just for reference, the Pro mini board & GY521 can be had for very cheap at banggood & makes a really nice lightweight (5g) Multiwii flight controller but you do need an external FTDI adapter & possibly a USBASP programmer. I cobbled together a cheap wooden frame quad that far exceeds what the q-bot can do using those bits, some H-King 10a esc's (with Blheli FW) & 1822 motors that were on sale.

Another option is, if you can get your hands on a cheap spektrum tx you can rip out the radio module & install it in a 9X (with upgraded firmware). I used one of these low power tx's & installed the guts inside a module but never really use it, nice to have around though.
Thanks
mfc123 is offline Find More Posts by mfc123
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 22, 2014, 05:51 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mfc123 View Post
The naze32 mini souds good! Will buy one when they are in stock and the fets I need to solder them on the FC? Frsky have one micro receiver that is PPM and is only 5grams.
Then I might need to upgrade the motors...

Thanks
I have no clue how to solder the Mosfets there. I suspect a DIY board has to be made then. I just got the info of the manufacturer that it is possible. You should askn him for advice.

Regarding a PPM capable FrSky RX - You are talking of the D4R-II?

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 22, 2014, 08:25 PM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2014
14 Posts
I would be interested in buying this quad! I would like to ask you questions

1. Can I bind a radio FlySky FS-T6 2.4GHz System: AFHDS ?.
2. If yes, how to bind a WLtoys(example) simply pressing the bind or Is it necessary to follow certain steps?
3. in terms of stability and reactivity is lost somthing to bind in this way without RF module?

Thanks!!!
Bi7hazard is offline Find More Posts by Bi7hazard
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2014, 02:54 AM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Feb 2013
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bi7hazard View Post
I would be interested in buying this quad! I would like to ask you questions

1. Can I bind a radio FlySky FS-T6 2.4GHz System: AFHDS ?.
2. If yes, how to bind a WLtoys(example) simply pressing the bind or Is it necessary to follow certain steps?
3. in terms of stability and reactivity is lost somthing to bind in this way without RF module?

Thanks!!!
The FlySky protocol does not work with the Turnigy Micro Q-Bot. It comes with the (HiSky) HT8 adapter which is best connected to a TX via a Futaba trainer port. The Futaba port supplies power from the TX to the adapter module. The alternate JR stereo plug trainer does not readily supply power (I had no luck with the Turnigy 9X)

Binding with the HiSky protocols is mostly by powering up the TX module then simply turn on the RX. The RX will find and bind to the strongest rf signal it finds.... the TX must be as close to the quad as possible if there is a chance of anyone else using a compatible RF within range.

The HT8 adapter works with the Turnigy / HiSky FBL100 (WL Toys V922) and the HiSky HCP 100. It does not work with the WL Toys V911.

By adding the back-stand accessory to the Turnigy 9XR, the HT8 adapter fits neatly between the stand legs. I have the FlySky module plugged in at the same time. No conflicts. See pic
IanPellant is online now Find More Posts by IanPellant
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 24, 2014, 03:13 AM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,500 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by IanPellant View Post
... It comes with the (HiSky) HT8 adapter which is best connected to a TX via a Futaba trainer port. The Futaba port supplies power from the TX to the adapter module. The alternate JR stereo plug trainer does not readily supply power (I had no luck with the Turnigy 9X) ...
See for a solution that worked for me:
http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1871616

Remember: You have to mod the JR style trainer plug to enable power supply.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2014, 09:40 AM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
I have no clue how to solder the Mosfets there. I suspect a DIY board has to be made then. I just got the info of the manufacturer that it is possible. You should askn him for advice.

Regarding a PPM capable FrSky RX - You are talking of the D4R-II?

-mike-
Well I was thinking on that but it's just 4ch...is there any other frsky ACCST receiver that is lightweight and PPM to use with Afromini32??
mfc123 is offline Find More Posts by mfc123
Reply With Quote
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:43 PM
Ain't crashing often anymore
mikefromgermany's Avatar
Germany, Berlin
Joined Jun 2012
3,500 Posts
in PPM mode this RX has 8 channels.

-mike-
mikefromgermany is offline Find More Posts by mikefromgermany
RCG Plus Member
Old Oct 28, 2014, 12:55 PM
Registered User
Joined Sep 2013
65 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikefromgermany View Post
in PPM mode this RX has 8 channels.

-mike-
Thanks
mfc123 is offline Find More Posts by mfc123
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2014, 01:25 AM
Registered User
Joined Feb 2007
76 Posts
I don't know why but I had so much trouble setting this up with my FrSky Taranis X9D, but I did it.

Set the mode on the module to F (green LED).

Setup the model mix to

Code:
CH1   Ail   100
CH2   Ele  -100
CH3   Thr  -100
CH4   Rud  -120
Turn off the internal module

Turn on trainer port in slave mode

Binding needs to happen with the antennas extremely close to each other

I don't know why my mixer settings are different from what other people recommend but this setup works for me

Edit: look what I made with my 3D printer

http://eleccelerator.com/q-bot-tx-module-for-taranis/

It's a JR style module bay cover that contains the Q-Bot transmitter
frank26080115 is offline Find More Posts by frank26080115
Last edited by frank26080115; Nov 15, 2014 at 08:48 PM.
Reply With Quote
Old Nov 15, 2014, 06:05 PM
Registered User
Australia, QLD, Townsville
Joined Feb 2013
262 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by frank26080115 View Post
I don't know why but I had so much trouble setting this up with my FrSky Taranis X9D, but I did it.

Set the mode on the module to F (green LED).

Setup the model mix to

Code:
CH1   Ail   100
CH2   Ele  -100
CH3   Thr  -100
CH4   Rud  -120
Turn off the internal module

Turn on trainer port in slave mode

Binding needs to happen with the antennas extremely close to each other

I don't know why my mixer settings are different from what other people recommend but this setup works for me

Edit: look what I made with my 3D printer

http://eleccelerator.com/q-bot-tx-module-for-taranis/

It's a JR style module bay cover that contains the Q-Bot transmitter
Your channel ordering is Futaba sequence - as per Q-Bot instructions; Channel reversing does seem to vary between tx brands. My Turnigy 9XR has CH 1&2 NOR; CH 3&4 REV. The Q-Bot instructions have CH 3 NOR.... that is Throttle and is opposite to what I needed to set... first binding was a ceiling intercept event.

Like your TX bay cover adaptation of the HT8 adapter. Why HiSky don't do it is a mystery.

Their illustrations of using tape on the back to mount to the TX is just so inept... the battery cover is flimsy and will pull off; the adapter is out of sight so cannot be monitored and the antenna cannot swing forward / away from the TX... a truly poor way to mount the thing.

I have a new HiSky FF120 (original Q-Bot) in the mail from Banggood... yet another HT8 adapter. I'm wondering if it is any different to the Turnigy rebrand that came with the micro Q-Bot and the FBL100.... about time to do some mods on one of them.
IanPellant is online now Find More Posts by IanPellant
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Product BNF Spectrum/JR DSM2-DMSS compatible REDCON HiBiRD Mini 120mm Quadcopter richos Mini Multirotors 37 Oct 25, 2014 06:20 AM
Sold $60 Shipped -- FlySky CT-6B Tx and Six 6-Channel Rx's (Compatible with 9X) Cobra68 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 2 Feb 09, 2013 12:00 PM
Sold Hobby King 2.4 ghz Spektrum compatible Receiver = $18 shipped shawn595 Aircraft - General - Radio Equipment (FS/W) 3 Aug 07, 2010 03:35 PM