Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:37 PM
...muy bien...
Germany, BW, Pforzheim
Joined Jul 2012
186 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Nice price!

When they are in stock again, I buy some and a FC. Then I build me one quad from junk in my garage.

Edit, spelling
Buy 20 at the Price of 4 of those at aliexpress.
rcgchris is offline Find More Posts by rcgchris
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 10, 2012, 12:58 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
But the aliexpress 7mm aren't as strong! You can't compare them.
Try them a s a replacement for your UDI, v939 or LB motors and you wouldn't have much fun with them.
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:35 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Guys have you dismantled one of those tiny coreless micro motors and looked at it with a magnifier, I think its a masterpiece, and the low price is incredible.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rcgchris View Post
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Oct 10, 2012, 01:59 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,594 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stenkryparen View Post
Guys have you dismantled one of those tiny coreless micro motors and looked at it with a magnifier, I think its a masterpiece, and the low price is incredible.
Are you using these cheap 7mm Motors with 1mm shaft from aliexpress?
mystman is online now Find More Posts by mystman
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:07 PM
Get Airborne
Sweden, Skåne County, Hofterup
Joined May 2012
343 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mystman View Post
Are you using these cheap 7mm Motors with 1mm shaft from aliexpress?
It was a worn out V929 motor I looked inside.
Stenkryparen is offline Find More Posts by Stenkryparen
Old Oct 10, 2012, 02:09 PM
Lincolnshire UK
Joined Jun 2007
41 Posts
Does anyone know we're I can obtain a Nine Eagles Alien? Canopy preferably here in the UK
Thanks
oldgeeza is offline Find More Posts by oldgeeza
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:20 PM
2 NECKS ARE BETTER THAN 1
Canada, MB, Winnipeg
Joined Aug 2012
282 Posts
V929 and Battery Charging

Hello everyone! I hope someone can help answer a few questions for me. I have searched the net but cannot find an answer.

I am going to buy a WL V929 because it looks cool, fun and can carry my #16 808 camera. It comes with a charger and uses a 500mah battery. I saw some people were using these: Tigers 1S 3.7V 600mAh 2.1Wh 15C LiPo Battery EFLB5001S. They have the same specs but 100 more mah. I have read where people love them for the V929. My question is can they be charged with the stock charger that comes with the V929? I hate the idea of having to buy a seperate charger because of the cost but having higher mah batteries gives longer flying time. I can also get a great deal on batteries like the ones that come with it (500mah) but I would prefer the extra 100 mah.

Also, I see they have the V949 with the LED's on it. Do they take up a lot of power? I would get this one if it did everything the same as the V929 and could carry my camera.

Any info appreciated!

Lard4Hire
Lard4Hire is offline Find More Posts by Lard4Hire
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:28 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,809 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlcamp7 View Post
vpsporb, awesome video of the lights! I'm wanting to do some lighting on my ladybird.

Hey, if you wouldn't mind clearing out your PM box so I can shoot you a PM.
thanks, sorry 'bout thet mate, cleaned!

(is it possible to delete individual msgs from inbox?)
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
Sir Crashalot
Joined Oct 2011
2,266 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lard4Hire View Post
Hello everyone! I hope someone can help answer a few questions for me. I have searched the net but cannot find an answer.

I am going to buy a WL V929 because it looks cool, fun and can carry my #16 808 camera. It comes with a charger and uses a 500mah battery. I saw some people were using these: Tigers 1S 3.7V 600mAh 2.1Wh 15C LiPo Battery EFLB5001S. They have the same specs but 100 more mah. I have read where people love them for the V929. My question is can they be charged with the stock charger that comes with the V929? I hate the idea of having to buy a seperate charger because of the cost but having higher mah batteries gives longer flying time. I can also get a great deal on batteries like the ones that come with it (500mah) but I would prefer the extra 100 mah.

Also, I see they have the V949 with the LED's on it. Do they take up a lot of power? I would get this one if it did everything the same as the V929 and could carry my camera.

Any info appreciated!

Lard4Hire
The Tigers worked well at first, but after a dozen or so cycles they begin to drain real fast and lose their punch. But for the price can't really complain. If you can get a good deal on stock batteries then that may be the way to go.
stonecutter is offline Find More Posts by stonecutter
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:40 PM
Canada, ON, Ottawa
Joined Dec 2011
1,809 Posts
Quote:

Any info appreciated!

Lard4Hire
I'm not thrilled about the Tiger 500mah LiPos (can charge with stock charger) especially with the new RX board I got for my V929. The stock battery and the Turnigy NanoTech 600mah are much better IMO, because when I use my Tigers I get the Low-battery instability/occilations not that far into a flight. While the stock and Turnigy will give good power and stability until near the end of 8-10min flight-time.

Spend the few extra bucks and order the Turnigys if you're on a budget, I bought the 5 pack of Tigers.... and I tossed them all in the fridge for "storage"
vpsporb is offline Find More Posts by vpsporb
Old Oct 10, 2012, 04:57 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vpsporb View Post
thanks, sorry 'bout thet mate, cleaned!

(is it possible to delete individual msgs from inbox?)
Thank you, thank you very much.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:29 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Jun 2012
2,781 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by nerys View Post
they might have more lifting power (lb props) but the u816 lifts the 808 cam just fine so its good enough for me :-)

not really interested in stunt flying (I lack the eyes for it) just a cam platform.
Yes, but the U816 takes a bit of practice to get a nice hover. When I tested the props, I felt it was easier with the LBs on it and the throttle was a bit lower, so might be more stable with your camera too. I really should put some X100 props on mine and give them a go as the X100 is out of action at the moment.
Brandigan is offline Find More Posts by Brandigan
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 10, 2012, 05:53 PM
RC Logger Support
United States, WV, Hurricane
Joined Jan 2010
3,290 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandigan View Post
I really should put some X100 props on mine and give them a go as the X100 is out of action at the moment.
Do it, do it. Would love to hear your findings. Seems like they might take it up a notch. Might not do quite as well in wind though.
jlcamp7 is offline Find More Posts by jlcamp7
Old Oct 10, 2012, 06:35 PM
aka beerassassin
Joined Dec 2009
423 Posts
you guys probably know this but the x100 props are slightly larger than the LB props, so this could indeed affect stability.

I had a x100 prop snap in two down the middle of the hub my first day flying my x100 (granted it was a stupid mistake colliding into a door plus the x100's delay in cutting the throttle). my LB has seen far more flight and crashes and I've only replaced two props that I bent back so many times they developed oscillation.

I'm sticking with my LB props on my LB, just going with my gut on this one. there's a reason the x100 is so much cheaper...
flying toaster is offline Find More Posts by flying toaster
Old Oct 10, 2012, 07:50 PM
Addict.
United States, NY, Binghamton
Joined Jul 2010
1,543 Posts
Quote:

I am going to buy a WL V929 because it looks cool, fun and can carry my #16 808 camera. It comes with a charger and uses a 500mah battery. I saw some people were using these: Tigers 1S 3.7V 600mAh 2.1Wh 15C LiPo Battery EFLB5001S. They have the same specs but 100 more mah. I have read where people love them for the V929. My question is can they be charged with the stock charger that comes with the V929?
Yes you can, it'll work just fine. Some people have had some bad luck with the Tigers but your mileage may vary. Everyone will suggest buying a better charger eventually though, likely a wise investment if you enjoy the hobby. Personally I have had very good luck with Turnigy nano-tech 600mah batteries.

Quote:
If you're going to use the quad just for photography a rev1 v929 is, in my opinion based on my experience and that of others. The LEDs are cool for night flying, but the #16 doesn't work at all in the dark so for video you you're only flying during the day anyways, so if you just want to shoot AP and don't need/want to fly at night the v949's LEDs are essentially a waste of weight.

If you want a general purpose quad that can also carry a camera the 949 seems like a really good option, pending some more reviews.
skitchen8 is offline Find More Posts by skitchen8