HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 09, 2012, 12:17 PM
ZippoGeek
United States, NY, Buffalo
Joined Dec 2002
370 Posts
Help!
Kyosho F-16: what am I doing wrong?

I've had three flights on my Kyosho F-16 (55mm). I'm running a Thunder Power 1350, which is the battery indicated by Kyosho.

My problem: this jet nose-dives like a lawn dart! The only way I can get it to fly level is to maintain constant up elevator through the entire flight. Very stressful...

Before the maiden flight, I balanced the plane on a CG Machine with AUW. When I got to the field, however, it exhibited this nose-down behavior. After moving the battery back as far as possible towards the CG, she's still nosediving. Moving it back barely made a difference; it defies logic.

My next step is to add a ton of up-trim, which is completely bass ackwards.

Advice anyone? Thanks in advance...

Jason
zippogeek is offline Find More Posts by zippogeek
RCG Plus Member
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 09, 2012, 04:59 PM
ZippoGeek
Joined Dec 2002
370 Posts
bump - thx!
RCG Plus Member
Old Jun 09, 2012, 06:02 PM
Do it Right, the first time!
United States, MN, Hermantown
Joined Dec 2008
5,825 Posts
You could read this: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=866346

Might have missed something. BTW, pretty old isn't it?
CoolerByTheLake is offline Find More Posts by CoolerByTheLake
Old Jun 09, 2012, 06:12 PM
Joined Feb 2007
858 Posts
Anything misaligned?....stab, wing incidence? You say you checked your CG but if all of your surfaces are neutral or trimmed positive, your CG may be to far forward. Defiantely look/search into the older thread on this model.
toughitaliankid is offline Find More Posts by toughitaliankid
Old Jun 09, 2012, 06:49 PM
ZippoGeek
Joined Dec 2002
370 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by toughitaliankid View Post
Anything misaligned?....stab, wing incidence? You say you checked your CG but if all of your surfaces are neutral or trimmed positive, your CG may be to far forward. Defiantely look/search into the older thread on this model.
Just went out for two flights. A combination of up elevator and squeezing the battery back even further made it work. But it's definitely too draggy on the tail now.

I'm going to find that thread. Thanks.
RCG Plus Member