HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 16, 2014, 07:41 PM
Joined Oct 2011
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hefest View Post
There is surely the distance at which tx signal is so weak that even a fart can disrupt the reception. Question is how far away is that.
In this test tx was in micro mode 5 meters and two reinforced concrete walls away.
There is no indication in the video or in the comments for the video as to where the TX was located.

Resorting to scatalogical language does not improve the analytical strength of your representation.

...as the net state of public safety may be enhanced by improvement of general knowledge and understanding of Rangelink interoperability with third party hardware, I invite you to seize this opportunity to advise the RL community as to how you know that the RL TX was located 5 metres and two concrete walls away for the purpose of the video test you have linked.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
syzygyQ is online now Find More Posts by syzygyQ
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 16, 2014, 07:50 PM
Lakewood, Colorado
Joined Aug 2002
28,883 Posts
It's his video. Not clear though whether he's flying it that way, or just
testing it that way.
Daemon is online now Find More Posts by Daemon
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2014, 12:02 AM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekubiaks View Post
Daemon I can see what you are saying. I went back and tested the FMKit at 437mhz with the Rangelink Rx and a Spectrum Analyzer. What would happen is the noise floor jumped up from -120dBm to -80dBm while the FMkit was transmitting a foot away (which is realistic in an RC plane. If you were using the Rangelink and starting to get out there in range and the FMKit started transmitting, I can see how that might clobber the Rangelink and trip a failsafe. I had to get the FMKit at least 30 feet away from the receiver before it wasn't an issue. You can't put an FMKit in your plane with 30ft of separation (or else have a huge RC plane )

So, I am going to rethink my FMKit setup, I have one on a 3M glider, perhaps the FMKit will activate when the glider is just thermalling??? I'll probably switch to a no vox/timer setup.
the new FMKits setup have microphone added to the beacon it only activated when there no wind noise which in our case downed airplane, the old one not sure I think you can set a delay on how long before the beacon activated after power on, I have FMKits beacon on my plane, plus you do know that you can change the frequency of the beacon transmit right?

forget FMKIT beacon even with 433mhz 5WATT walkie can knock down RL if you have them in range
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 17, 2014, 11:45 AM
Joined Apr 2012
163 Posts
Quote:
forget FMKIT beacon even with 433mhz 5WATT walkie can knock down RL if you have them in range
I disagree. The modulation is vastly different. It may cause your Rangelink to "jump" over a few channels, but this is actually the big advantage of FHSS...

Dio
Dionysos is offline Find More Posts by Dionysos
Old Nov 20, 2014, 04:10 PM
KISS
Joined Oct 2009
1,215 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
There is no indication in the video or in the comments for the video as to where the TX was located.

Resorting to scatalogical language does not improve the analytical strength of your representation.

...as the net state of public safety may be enhanced by improvement of general knowledge and understanding of Rangelink interoperability with third party hardware, I invite you to seize this opportunity to advise the RL community as to how you know that the RL TX was located 5 metres and two concrete walls away for the purpose of the video test you have linked.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation.
It's my video and I'm flying it with around 1 meter of separation up to 10km with stock antennas.

We can theorize about it as long as we want but unless someone tries on the field it's just a theory.
hefest is offline Find More Posts by hefest
Old Nov 20, 2014, 07:13 PM
Joined Oct 2011
917 Posts
It appears that there are credible contesting observations.

Thanks for the update!
Old Nov 20, 2014, 09:09 PM
9W2DLR
Malaysia, Pahang, Temerloh
Joined Nov 2011
2,287 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dionysos View Post
I disagree. The modulation is vastly different. It may cause your Rangelink to "jump" over a few channels, but this is actually the big advantage of FHSS...

Dio
yes but in real life application that different story,last time I was flying approx 20 meter from a motor glider he using a walkie while flying my rangelink getting intermittent failsafe every-time when he nearby even a guy flying beside me getting cut off on his DragonLink even with FHSS it hop like what 5 channel? the source maybe not from the walkie but still the FHSS still not perfect
skellator is offline Find More Posts by skellator
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 21, 2014, 08:58 PM
Poland, Warmian-Masurian Voivodeship, Olsztyn
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
Hi, Im trying to use DIY HeadTracker with RangeLink UHF and Graupner MX-20 without success, could anyone help with that? I used RangeLink with that MX-20 a long time but today I made HeadTracker, configured it to use CH11 and CH12 and didn't work. I tried to set pupil/teacher for CH11/CH12 and trainer switch but without sucess as well (after assign switch I got error no pupil signal).
migu is offline Find More Posts by migu
Old Yesterday, 05:23 AM
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
Update. After connect HT (DIY HeadTracker) to HT RangeLink input (TPPM, V,GND), channels 11 and 12 freezes, whaterver HT movement both servos stay in one position, I tried also rebind RX with RL TX - still that same.
Any advices please?
Old Yesterday, 10:09 AM
Joined Oct 2011
917 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by migu View Post
Update. After connect HT (DIY HeadTracker) to HT RangeLink input (TPPM, V,GND), channels 11 and 12 freezes, whaterver HT movement both servos stay in one position, I tried also rebind RX with RL TX - still that same.
Any advices please?
I have no knowledge of head tracking devices.

As you request advice, I can advise you as follows: I advise you to specify the object referred to by the phrase "HT (DIY HeadTracker)". The specification would include a statement of technical specifications and a photograph.

...absent specs for your HT device, you would be requesting troubleshooting for an unknown device.
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
Joined Mar 2013
32 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by syzygyQ View Post
I advise you to specify the object referred to by the phrase "HT (DIY HeadTracker)"
Sure, I thought it is common solution on that forum

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1677559 - made as specified in first post, Arduino nano + GY-85 and latest firmware.

What kind of specification do you need? Channels on HT specified as CH11 and CH12.