SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 08, 2009, 11:37 PM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Help!
Which Extra???

OK, I have never flown either, so which one do I get, the Great Planes 55'' Extra 300SP, or the Dualsky 54'' Extra 260?

PJ
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 08, 2009, 11:53 PM
Leesburg, VA
Joined Jun 2006
973 Posts
PJ,
I apologize in advance for answering your question with another question but have you thought about the 58" Extremeflight Extra? That said I do like the covering scheme on the new Great Planes 55".

Sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by edge5foamy
OK, I have never flown either, so which one do I get, the Great Planes 55'' Extra 300SP, or the Dualsky 54'' Extra 260?

PJ
Warbirds Rule is offline Find More Posts by Warbirds Rule
Old Mar 09, 2009, 12:02 AM
There is no place like Hodges!
United States, GA, Byron
Joined Mar 2007
3,549 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Warbirds Rule
PJ,
I apologize in advance for answering your question with another question but have you thought about the 58" Extremeflight Extra? That said I do like the covering scheme on the new Great Planes 55".

Sean
Yes, I looked at it too, and have actually seen one fly. Main reason for not getting it is that it would be more expensive than the others, as well as the gear for it.

I am actually leaning towards the Dualsky Extra right now. It would be the cheapest to get flying, and has 700 sq in of wing area(as mich as the Extreme Flight) but at just 4lbs! All of the flight reports I have read on RCG are good. I do have to say I like the scheme on the Great Planes, and Extreme Flight Extras better though.
edge5foamy is offline Find More Posts by edge5foamy