HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 25, 2002, 10:15 PM
Naperville, IL USA
Joined Nov 2000
1,886 Posts
Ronin is really a great movie

I'm sitting here watching Ronin on TV and realizing I really should buy the DVD. It is just such a great movie. And it would be probably be even better in widescreen.

Now, it's no Citizen Kane or Deer Hunter, it's just a good flick. The director, Frankenheimer, redefined the movie car chase in this movie and even managed to surround it by a pretty good plot.

Just thought I would let you all know.

Mitch
Mitch G is offline Find More Posts by Mitch G
Old Jul 25, 2002, 10:34 PM
Joined Apr 2000
940 Posts
well, i was only able to see the first hour of it. were there any good gun fights at the end of the movie?

p.s. the car chase was very nice. one of the best. 007 still has the best (TND)
petn7 is offline Find More Posts by petn7
Old Jul 25, 2002, 10:37 PM
Purple power
shadow hills,ca
Joined Apr 2000
6,582 Posts
excellent movie..............gregg
gregg f is offline Find More Posts by gregg f
Old Jul 25, 2002, 11:26 PM
Single-task at best...
Telford, UK
Joined Feb 2000
7,454 Posts
Bob de Niro & Jean (Leon) Reno together?

How could it not be good!

tim
tim hooper is offline Find More Posts by tim hooper
Old Jul 26, 2002, 02:53 AM
For the toggle switches
Joined Apr 2002
88 Posts
Ronin is the best movie I have evr seen.There are some great gunfights and a great plot . and that car chese is the second best I have ever seen(still not as good as the tommorow never dies carpark chase. An RPG or a bazooka always sets off a good car chase. But does anyone know what the irish are actually trying to steal? I never got that bit
bryn Bithell is offline Find More Posts by bryn Bithell
Old Jul 26, 2002, 01:16 PM
Cedar Park, Texas, United States
Joined Jul 2002
1,436 Posts
Ronin is excellent. I have it on DVD. The best car chase movie ever. The director of this movie made a movie in the '70s call Grand Prix It also has some great car scenes. Also check out The French Connection for another great car chase.

There is another great movie with an actor from Ronin called Bravo Two Zero. It stars Sean Bean(the fake former SAS guy in Ronin). It is about an SAS squad in Iraq during the Gulf War. I don't want to give too much away, but if you get the chance, see it.
McGrrr is offline Find More Posts by McGrrr