HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Oct 23, 2004, 09:04 AM
Gotta make the doughnuts
Toledo Express, Ohio, United States
Joined Oct 2004
631 Posts
Stuka Dive Bomber

I have a thing for the older war birds...

I've been looking and I haven't been able to find this.

Eventually I want a Stuka Dive Bomber, but I want it with the whistle siren. I saw it once, but I can't find the siren for it.

I think it would be sweet to have a beefy 4-stroke, dive siren, and the flour bomb on a stuka. Break into a dive, the whistle kicks in, and release the flour bomb. How cool would that be?

Anybody know where one can get a stuka whistle?
Rhathid is offline Find More Posts by Rhathid
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 24, 2004, 03:50 PM
Joined Jun 2004
236 Posts
I think I do. hack into a nerf ball!
R/C Flier268 is offline Find More Posts by R/C Flier268
Old Oct 24, 2004, 06:22 PM
Gotta make the doughnuts
Joined Oct 2004
631 Posts
From the looks of it, I'll have to do that when I get to the point of getting a Stuka.
Old Oct 27, 2004, 12:15 PM
Arkansas
Joined Jul 2003
61 Posts
try these people...

http://www.i4cproducts.com

Jess
jessh1969 is offline Find More Posts by jessh1969
Old Oct 27, 2004, 05:36 PM
Gotta make the doughnuts
Joined Oct 2004
631 Posts
Now that's pretty cool. Not perfectly identical to the sound, but pretty sweet! Too bad they don't have a dive with the siren on from a really high altitude.
Old Oct 28, 2004, 03:46 PM
Crash-a-holic
Medford, MA, United States
Joined Sep 2004
235 Posts
Skyshark RC makes a great Stuka kit, but this is a wee bit too big for it... maybe a 1/4 scale or 1/3rd scale bird?
Evil_Merlin is offline Find More Posts by Evil_Merlin
Old Nov 24, 2004, 07:13 PM
i4c
Joined Apr 2004
8 Posts
Rhathid,

"Eventually I want a Stuka Dive Bomber, but I want it with the whistle siren. I saw it once, but I can't find the siren for it."

We started making air driven air sirens over 10 years ago. It started because I built a Zirolli 100" span Stuka. I, like yourself, thought "How Cool" if it only had a siren. After many hours research and development, I succeeded with a siren that was pretty awesome to all that heard it on my JU87. I go to many events around the country and so many people asked me about producing and selling sirens. We sold that model of siren for the next 8 years. It was and still is used on many Stukas around the country. Too time consuming to make, we finally ceased production to upgrade the product to CNC production and quality. After two years of programing and testing, we released our new Air Screamer LS a couple of months ago. It's performance is Very very good. Since we were scratch building with a computer driven machine, every part is now perfect and assembly is fast and accurate. Close tollerances, snaps together with no bolts, no shims or spacers used. Weight is 5oz. including the servo for the brake system. This also allows us to sell parts if a siren "kisses the ground" for any reason. Also we make different pitch and sizes of blades (props) for different aircraft/airspeed and also "in or out" of the propwash. The sirens size (2 1/2") is what it takes to be loud to the human ear range. Smaller size means higher frequency and less heard by humans.
Most of the sirens we sell are placed in the center Bomb position, so it looks proportional. Many add a tube, fins, and paint to further the look as a bomb. This also places the sirens weight on the CG and makes flight normal. My personal testing aircraft is a Super Sporster 60 size that has been kit bashed to simulate a Mig 3. This is the aircraft you see on the siren video on our website. This 60 size plane easily handle the sirens light weight. I have sold many sirens to owners of the GP Stuka and also the Heritage Stuka.
This siren is a true siren built with quality in mind. It comes with many warnings not to use improperly or without the brake system working properly. It is LOUD and offinsive if used improperly. If used correctly, NOTHING will turn more heads at any event than a Stuka doing a dive run with the siren blairring, except maybe several Stukas doing it at once like at Bomber Field in Houston or Warbirds Over Deleware.
Sorry if my tale was too long, just thought Rhathid might be interested in the story.

Rod Johnson
i4c Products
www.i4cproducts.com
i4c is offline Find More Posts by i4c
Old Nov 24, 2004, 10:53 PM
I can 3 point
Mount Dora Florida
Joined Aug 2002
731 Posts
That sounds great Ron,
I remember when the GP stuka came out I got one for fun and would have liked a siren for it. The LHS had some of your whistles and that is what they considered a siren. This is indeed a nice piece of kit, a little big for the gp stuka maybe but it would sound cool. Perhaps I should pull it out and fire one up. A shame none of the allied bombers used them so I could build something to suit, can't see me building a stuka from scratch, not my area of interest really. I do remember one of the British bomber units putting on a siren in Italy or Afica I think, perhaps a Blenheim. If you know of any allied ships that used the siren post it and perhaps I will give it a go.
Good Luck
Paul
Paul Wilson is offline Find More Posts by Paul Wilson
Old Nov 25, 2004, 04:04 AM
North of Vienna, Austria
Joined Dec 2002
76 Posts
are there any sirens in 1/16 scale size available?
LaCroix is offline Find More Posts by LaCroix
Old Nov 25, 2004, 08:46 AM
i4c
Joined Apr 2004
8 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paul Wilson
If you know of any allied ships that used the siren post it and perhaps I will give it a go.
Good Luck
Paul
"are there any sirens in 1/16 scale size available?"

Paul,
I have not personally confirmed any other aircraft to have a siren except the Stuka. Many have told me of planes with sirens but they were confusing the whistling sounds of dive brakes etc. such as the Dauntless and others. This is what led us to making Air Whistles. The reason there were no other sirens on aircraft in later years was because the sirens on the Stukas were banned after the war, being considered a terriost weapon and therefore banned in the treaties. As far as I know, after talking to thousands of people, we are the only air driven air siren manufacture in the world. Our siren sales are to many different types of users such as, motorcycles, cars, sky diver helmets, full scale aircraft, fast go karts, etc. People of all types like to make noise for all kinds of reasons. These sirens can be heard 1 1/4 mile at 70 mph airspeed, and over 2 miles at 195mph (Cassutt Air Racer full scale). Our plans are to eventually have a smaller siren (1 1/2" dia.) simply scaled down from our 2 1/2" unit. Because we have the computer programing , rescaling smaller and or larger sirens can be done. I have tested smaller versions already and hope to make a run of them sometime in 2005.

Rod Johnson
i4c Products
www.i4cproducts.com
Old Nov 25, 2004, 10:10 AM
i4c
Joined Apr 2004
8 Posts
One more point of interest. I have an order today for a siren (maybe two) for this bird. It is a 7/8 scale Stuka owned by Mitch Sammons. I will post install pics when they are mounted.

Rod Johnson