HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 08:55 AM
Italy, Campania, Naples
Joined Dec 2013
11 Posts
Discussion
mSR crash

Hi all,
unfortunately I crashed my mSR ( first version , the one with the flybar ) . Basically, I switched DSM mode on the radio module while the helicopter was still powered on (very bad idea), and this caused the heli to take off autonomously, it was not responding to the sticks.
I tried to catch it, but unfortunately I could not and it crashed into the wall, while keeping the main rotor spinning for about ten seconds, then the rotor got stuck between the wall and the furniture and it stopped. I know that the throttle should set to zero in the event of a crash (perhaps even a moment before), but this time I could not do it.

Prior to the crash the helicopter was perfectly trimmed in pitch, roll and yaw.

After the crash I noticed that the heli was no longer trimmed , neither in pitch nor in roll nor in yaw, it tends to slowly turn clockwise and it slowly drifts right / forward.
With a little trim I've fixed pitch and roll , while the yaw needed much, much more .
It looks like the tail rotor compensates more than needed. I might have caused a breakdown of the ESC or gyro of the 5-in-1 control unit or could it be the main motor which has lost efficiency ? How could I inspect/test the 5-in-1 and/or motor? Do you have any suggestions to spot the problem?

Thank you very much :-)

Cheers,
Raffaele
thatsg is offline Find More Posts by thatsg
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 10:35 AM
certified crash instructor
Scottsdale Arizona
Joined Dec 2009
2,166 Posts
The main motor probably needs replacing. If you couldn't throttle down and it hit something to the point the blades stopped spinning while under load the motor is most likely done. A few symptoms of a bad motor would be the tail over compensating, stuttering, weak or no start up or motor gets excessively hot. If it's drifting there might be other problems, this vid might help.
BLADE Msr TUNE UP COMMON PROBLEMS AND HOW TO FIX GUIDE (6 min 29 sec)
slo-fly is online now Find More Posts by slo-fly