HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jul 19, 2013, 07:55 PM
Minnetonka Minnesota
Joined Aug 2007
1,196 Posts
Lizard, Just got back thanks. The stirring paddle is too fast it sort of froths the oil, you are like a mind reader. Hope I don't have to get another geared motor I think when it's hot it will not froth though, maybe program it to stir as the temp approaches the low limit, that would keep it off part of the time. Not sure I'll get it this weekend but hopefully next weekend or a weeknight I'll have it on a full test run. Cap
capricorn is offline Find More Posts by capricorn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 20, 2013, 05:48 AM
Joined Sep 2009
264 Posts
Cap,

Stirring will help but is perhaps not necessary. You may find that a #4 or smaller deck screw with the head chopped will work like an Archimedes screw to move oil, but not froth. It has to run true with no out of balance. If a deck screw is too much try a piece of threaded rod (coarse). The idea is just to move the oil around to aid heat transfer to the copper.

Do you have a linear actuator or pump thingy? I seem to recall that you did, perhaps that could work just driving a plunger up and down. Another option would be make the prop smaller and place it just off the bottom.

Can you drive the motor with a PWM output to reduce velocity?

Best of luck.
bermylizard is offline Find More Posts by bermylizard
Old Aug 24, 2013, 01:48 PM
Minnetonka Minnesota
Joined Aug 2007
1,196 Posts
Fogger video

http://s326.photobucket.com/user/cai...ugust.mp4.html

After quite a delay I restarted the fogger. It has the new pump motor which is slow enough. It operates okay, but it still spits and pauses. I think the extended nossle is cool causing condensation. Have not determined how it will feed the funnels yet. I assumed a duct with a fan at the end blowing in air with the fogger nossle outlet into the duct of moving air. Cap
capricorn is offline Find More Posts by capricorn
Last edited by capricorn; Aug 24, 2013 at 02:14 PM.