HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 24, 2013, 02:15 PM
USA, MO, Ozark
Joined Nov 2006
1,435 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCBlackSheep View Post
A hook can be made from a nail as well...
This method, no mater how you make it, allows for easy adjustments and may be made to not extend into the fuse as far as the screw method.
ozmo01 is offline Find More Posts by ozmo01
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 24, 2013, 09:53 PM
Detail Freak
Harbor City, CA
Joined Oct 2003
20,839 Posts
If you use a machine screw (threaded) hook with a T nut, you can make it adjustable by not gluing the block into the fuse.
Instead, cut a slot in the range of movement you are looking for, then use a small sheet metal screw to secure the block through a hole ahead of the slot in the fuse. Multiple holes in the block for the sheet screw allow the hook to have multiple positions.

I think this was a JT tip, if I recall correctly.

R,
Target
target is offline Find More Posts by target
Old Apr 25, 2013, 07:11 AM
Kurt Zimmerman ≡LSF 4461≡
Montrose, NY
Joined May 2003
1,305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by target View Post
If you use a machine screw (threaded) hook with a T nut, you can make it adjustable by not gluing the block into the fuse.
Instead, cut a slot in the range of movement you are looking for, then use a small sheet metal screw to secure the block through a hole ahead of the slot in the fuse. Multiple holes in the block for the sheet screw allow the hook to have multiple positions.

I think this was a JT tip, if I recall correctly.

R,
Target
I have this type of hook in my Addiction. Simple but affective.
Kurt
kzimmerm is online now Find More Posts by kzimmerm