HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:24 PM
Always, against the wind
United States, IL
Joined Oct 2011
884 Posts
Although, I am not an early adapter the Twin Hummers is something I would like to put my hands on ASAP. I keep debating with myself and how shall I break the news to the wife...just got an OX-1
Thetis is offline Find More Posts by Thetis
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 01, 2013, 06:55 PM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
486 Posts
I've got some cash saved up from the holidays that I put aside for the Toledo show. The more I look at the Twin Hammers the more I want one. The DX8 just might have to wait another year.
Scottmac737 is online now Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:20 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
I've got some cash saved up from the holidays that I put aside for the Toledo show. The more I look at the Twin Hammers the more I want one. The DX8 just might have to wait another year.
What radio do you have now??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve4ustin View Post
No problem Tom, I'll post something as soon as I can. I did not get the lipo battery yet, so I'm guessing it will be a 25mph demo.

Anyone here have any insight on drift wheels/tires that would fit this car? I'd like the get those ordered as soon as I can. Thanks.
amainhobbies has some eta's. they are normally pretty good on them
tulz43 is offline Find More Posts by tulz43
Old Feb 02, 2013, 04:51 AM
CV-63/VR-62
New Haven, MI
Joined Aug 2009
486 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by tulz43 View Post
What radio do you have now??
DX6i
Scottmac737 is online now Find More Posts by Scottmac737
Old Feb 02, 2013, 12:44 PM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,733 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scottmac737 View Post
DX6i
That would be a good upgrade. But these do look like lots of fun
Old Feb 03, 2013, 03:18 PM
United States, CA, Redondo Beach
Joined Mar 2005
569 Posts
Also interested in the kemora, I want to see some bids before I buy, looks like a fun lunch time car
P.I.Engineer is online now Find More Posts by P.I.Engineer
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:34 PM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrod155 View Post
Also interested in the kemora, I want to see some bids before I buy, looks like a fun lunch time car
+1. I want to see how it compares to the Kalahari though, as far as terrain handling goes. I'd also want to run on grass and I'd be interested to see how this goes at this scale.

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:22 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
United States, TX, Odessa
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Has anybody received the Kalahari or Kemora yet? I would love to see a first impressions or unboxing if you do or have. Looks like the other two are slated for the 15th or so. I'm considering selling trucks/planes/quads/y6's to get one of these! lol Maybe i will just wait until my hobby budget isn't so depleted.

Patience young grasshopper; he says to himself.

edit://

Here's some hands-on videos from Modelflight:

Kalahari / Kemora

Vaterra Kalahari and Kemora RC Cars Preview Video (4 min 36 sec)

Twin Hammer

Vaterra Twin Hammers RC Car Preview Video (2 min 45 sec)

Glamis

Vaterra Glamis Uno RC Car Preview Video (3 min 5 sec)

Did he say 90kph? If google isn't lying to me thats around 56mph....
major.monogram is offline Find More Posts by major.monogram
Last edited by major.monogram; Feb 05, 2013 at 07:14 PM.
Old Feb 05, 2013, 10:57 PM
Joined Sep 2011
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Has anybody received the Kalahari or Kemora yet? I would love to see a first impressions or unboxing if you do or have. Looks like the other two are slated for the 15th or so. I'm considering selling trucks/planes/quads/y6's to get one of these! lol Maybe i will just wait until my hobby budget isn't so depleted.

Patience young grasshopper; he says to himself.

edit://

Here's some hands-on videos from Modelflight:

Kalahari / Kemora

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hVLW2...HzLPA&index=13

Twin Hammer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=04SGj...HzLPA&index=11

Glamis

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ilrxd...HzLPA&index=12

Did he say 90kph? If google isn't lying to me thats around 56mph....
Yeah, if anyone sees a video, please post the link here :-)

Tom
Tomdomification is offline Find More Posts by Tomdomification
Old Feb 05, 2013, 11:44 PM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
Yeah that was an edit. I'd like to see some real-user impressions or driving vids though from those who bought them.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 12:00 AM
Did you check the FAQ already?
The Netherlands
Joined Jul 2010
11,080 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by major.monogram View Post
Yeah that was an edit. I'd like to see some real-user impressions or driving vids though from those who bought them.
How about you getting one and giving us that vid and impression? You know how to use the classifieds section very well, as besides this thread, all threads you started so far were selling threads.
SoloProFan is offline Find More Posts by SoloProFan
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:01 AM
Pastor of Muppets \m/
Joined Mar 2010
967 Posts
lol...yeah i have a bit of a buying and selling problem. I've got a mini vapor and a himoto mastadon on the way. my son got a losi 1/18 desert truck for his 8th birthday so needed something cheap to run with him. I'm seriously considering the Twin Hammer or the Glamis though. It'll be a while before I refill my hobby budget though. I'm not trying to have a fire sale yet.
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:37 AM
Los Angeles, CA
Joined Sep 2007
1,733 Posts
Another video from horizonuk

Vaterra Glamis Uno (Forest Drive) (1 min 36 sec)
Old Feb 06, 2013, 01:07 PM
Outdoor Extremist
Pennsylvania
Joined Jul 2010
1,006 Posts
i cant wait
rustlererad3 is offline Find More Posts by rustlererad3
Old Feb 08, 2013, 03:05 PM
Joined Feb 2013
1 Posts
Hey Guys...I am one of the lucky ones that has been fortunate enough to be part of the adventure that is Vaterra.

I have had the luxury to drive each of the vehicles and help with them as I could. I am a product manager at Horizon Hobby just so you know who I am.

Off the top of my head, the questions I've read, here are some answers...
Kemora - ton of fun, based off the mini 8 platform so it is super durable and very fast.

Kalahari - same idea. between the two, the tires on the Kalahari would be better for a little bit of grass but I dont know that either of them would do great in tall grass.

Twin hammers - it is a shift on the fly manual 2 speed tranny, it is a ton of fun. Even my Fiance likes it, lol and that is a huge stretch.

Glamis - yes, it really does go 55+MPH..on multiple passes, without a hill or tailwind, lol. We tested other brands and found these numbers to often be rather false and so we wanted to give real numbers. I have found recently I can fit a bigger pinion and still have more than enough torque to pop wheelies easily and go even faster...so much raw power and speed with this.

VTV - you are correct in that it is more like a limited slip with fluid friction plates, basically when it needs some diff action, it works, when you grab the throttle, it limits slip and thus for a 2wd vehicle, it makes the Glamis SUPER Fun, especially in sand. I actually couldnt beleive how much fun it is. I like the model(soemthing) guys video on it...he says its fast like 5 times towards the end of the video, haha.

Anywho, hope you all have a great day.
ryan dunford is offline Find More Posts by ryan dunford