HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 21, 2013, 12:03 AM
Joined Aug 2011
58 Posts
Discussion
Hobby king Trackstar Engine

Hello everyone. Can somebody please tell me where to buy clutch essembly parts for this Track star engine from hobbyking.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...e_for_Car.html

I am not looking for the best brand out there as long as it runs well.

Also ,I notice that the brass sleeve on the shaft is tapered so does the flywheel is pushed on it and held there by pressure or it is held there by nut.
shmiser is offline Find More Posts by shmiser
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:45 AM
Canada, ON, Markham
Joined Aug 2008
8,730 Posts
Car engines *should* have pretty standard clutch parts. They'll be more specific to the car than the engine.

What car is it for?
wparsons is online now Find More Posts by wparsons
Old Jan 21, 2013, 07:18 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,308 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by shmiser View Post
Hello everyone. Can somebody please tell me where to buy clutch essembly parts for this Track star engine from hobbyking.

I am not looking for the best brand out there as long as it runs well.

Also ,I notice that the brass sleeve on the shaft is tapered so does the flywheel is pushed on it and held there by pressure or it is held there by nut.
It will be held on by a nut. Some cars you might have to cut the crank shaft in order to get them to fit. You might want to get the measurements before you buy. I would also look at some reviews before you buy the engine. I might be a little cautious on that brand. I know they are more but I have never been let down by an O.S. engine. I also have had great luck with Traxxas and HPI engines. What are you putting this engine in ?
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure
Old Feb 20, 2013, 11:42 PM
Joined Aug 2011
58 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mredzadventure View Post
It will be held on by a nut. Some cars you might have to cut the crank shaft in order to get them to fit. You might want to get the measurements before you buy. I would also look at some reviews before you buy the engine. I might be a little cautious on that brand. I know they are more but I have never been let down by an O.S. engine. I also have had great luck with Traxxas and HPI engines. What are you putting this engine in ?

Hi.Ok I bought this engine but I dont know which clutch to buy.Can you please tell me how to select one for it.
shmiser is offline Find More Posts by shmiser
Old Feb 22, 2013, 08:03 PM
Kowalski !.....Options
USA, MI, Hastings
Joined Jan 2007
2,308 Posts
What Is it going in. That will help
mredzadventure is offline Find More Posts by mredzadventure