HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
United States, MO, Fenton
Joined Jan 2012
1,329 Posts
Specs are a little different. Looks decent though. For another $10 I would go with the Supertiger though. It is very smooth. Like Dave has said. The stocker is a bit rattly.

Edit:
Just seen your post Dave. It's close that's for sure. I have had great luck with EMP motors. Used to get them real cheap from Leader Hobby.
Fentonflyers is online now Find More Posts by Fentonflyers
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Fentonflyers; Yesterday at 04:57 PM. Reason: Post simultaniously
to remove ads between posts
Old Yesterday, 05:00 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,329 Posts
Hey if anyone is looking for a MM Tower has one in the scratch and dent section for $137. Listed as box damage only. If your a member that would work out to $122 at your door.
RCG Plus Member
Old Yesterday, 05:03 PM
dbc
United States, FL, Brooksville
Joined Apr 2008
1,506 Posts
I agree with you though, Jay. I'd spend the extra $10. The Super Tiger 10 sounds and runs so smooth - totally unlike the stocker.

Did you prop it back a bit? It's KV is a little higher, suggesting less prop. Seems I ran it on a 9x6e, IIRC.
dbc is online now Find More Posts by dbc
Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM
Joined Jan 2012
1,329 Posts
I am pretty sure I have a 9x6 prop. I can't tell for sure because the spinner covers the numbers. I know the kv was higher and I remember using the watt meter to spec the prop but... I am getting old. I also think there was some discrepancy regarding the kv of the stock motor. I know the replacement listed on Towers site claims 800 but I think the manual says 1000?

Jay
RCG Plus Member