Fidler & twidler
Cranfield U.K.
Joined Mar 2004
3,837 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
I agree that a couple of slower options ---
----
It would be fantastic if the #16 camera could natively record a decimated video stream and output a time-lapse video directly!
even you, the hard headed Thread Maesto has fallen into the WIBNI trap
Mind you - I agree with you
Mike
empeabee is offline Find More Posts by empeabee
to remove ads between posts
Old Oct 16, 2012, 08:49 PM
Just thumbing through...
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishycomics View Post
Early on we talked about the ghosting. Here are some shots taken today, if you see any ghosting, maybe the shots are helpful or not,
Thanks, Fishy, those are nice images. I now know that my issue is unique, possibly caused by water getting in when I dunked it. No problem, I'll buy another or put in a HK Wing lens.

Here's a flight today - mostly to check colors and color stabilty with 0.49, fluorescent etc. You can see the edge effects, glad it's only for this one

Ace High (2 min 1 sec)
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Oct 17, 2012, 12:57 AM
ptg
Barjetling Academy #1
Joined Apr 2005
340 Posts
F/w 0.49 :)

Latest F/W 0.49 is excellent.
All functions - like a charm...

Again GOOD JOB & THX to ISOPROP & Co.

Kind regards.
ptg is offline Find More Posts by ptg
Old Oct 17, 2012, 01:19 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeCuRiT View Post
Let's just hope it will get fixed.

For now, I'll stick with 0.36 as I don't need the new functions.
This is a feature that was implemented because the vast majority of people wanted it! It's a lifesaver, I can promise you. There's nothing worse than taking the camera out of your pocket only to find that the battery is flat because it was videoing your pocket.

The red LED is an indication that you have pressed the button, it does not tell you that the camera is ready to use. You have to wait until the yellow LED is on. Yes, the manual needs to be updated. I will update the detailed manual when I have the time. The developer will also update his manual, also when he has the time.

I never complained about how the power-on used to function, but I am very pleased how it functions now. In the past, I too have had black videos and a flat battery....
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Last edited by Isoprop; Oct 17, 2012 at 03:45 AM. Reason: Spelling
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:24 AM
Joined Mar 2012
23 Posts
Quote:
..., where Vdub only imports .AVI files.
And with plugins nearly any other format. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post21413882
_Klas_ is offline Find More Posts by _Klas_
Old Oct 17, 2012, 02:44 AM View Post
qqai
A moderator felt this post violated the following rule: Excessive Advertising (Spam). Show it to me anyway.
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:03 AM
Sweden, Malmö
Joined Oct 2012
81 Posts
qqai is probebly a bot and spams virus

DONT press the tiny link
Ulrik_A is offline Find More Posts by Ulrik_A
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:31 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
Thanks, Fishy, those are nice images. I now know that my issue is unique, possibly caused by water getting in when I dunked it. No problem, I'll buy another or put in a HK Wing lens.

Here's a flight today - mostly to check colors and color stabilty with 0.49, fluorescent etc. You can see the edge effects, glad it's only for this one

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ky-NaSY51Qk
To victapilot:

and if others want to jump in to say no-n-NO, I know one person will, he he he?

With the lenses I own the deal extreme , usbfever, kodak known as wx-67, fe-20, They are metal and glass, I gotten the moisture out with general heat from a toaster oven, not inside, If I can find that video, I shall post it up or redo it?

I placed on to a towelette/napkin, then on a plate, evn a Coffee cup ( may be better) and allowed time. that done the trick, for me? You can mark the lens in two spots, and open up the lens itself and try to allow some heat to get the moisture out. and refocus. SInce the lens is plastic, you must be a little more careful

FISHYCOMICS

That is correct, I used a ______!

Kodak Playsport fe12 issue thoughts (3 min 39 sec)

FE-12 Conclusion of moisture (10 min 41 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 17, 2012 at 06:49 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 06:58 AM
Fly by Guzzi
Germany, NRW, Münster
Joined Jul 2012
37 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulrik_A View Post
qqai is probebly a bot and spams virus

DONT press the tiny link
Yes, the forum admin should delete the qqai post, it's spam!

Ciao
Falconerider
falconerider is offline Find More Posts by falconerider
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:15 AM
Add your country to profile:)
United States, CA, Crestline
Joined Oct 2006
310 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_dork View Post
I recently got one of these 808 #16 cams and have found that it seems to turn off after about 2 minutes or less of recording sometimes. Any ideas on how to address this issue?

Thanks!
I know it seems obvious, but be sure battery is fully charged. I had similar issue, and I thought my battery was charged but it wasn't. Also, cold temps will drastically reduce battery life/charge. When the battery is low, you can turn it on & record for a minute or two, then it turns itself off. You can turn it on again when you notice, and it turns itself off after 30 seconds or so. You would think if battery was dead, it would not turn on at all, but that is not the case, which made it difficult to diagnose at first.
CrashMaster39 is offline Find More Posts by CrashMaster39
Old Oct 17, 2012, 07:46 AM
Joined Nov 2010
2,349 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by super_dork View Post
I recently got one of these 808 #16 cams and have found that it seems to turn off after about 2 minutes or less of recording sometimes. Any ideas on how to address this issue?

Thanks!
Quote:
Originally Posted by CrashMaster39 View Post
I know it seems obvious, but be sure battery is fully charged. I had similar issue, and I thought my battery was charged but it wasn't. Also, cold temps will drastically reduce battery life/charge. When the battery is low, you can turn it on & record for a minute or two, then it turns itself off. You can turn it on again when you notice, and it turns itself off after 30 seconds or so. You would think if battery was dead, it would not turn on at all, but that is not the case, which made it difficult to diagnose at first.
And to add to CrashMaster39's post, you could ask yourself why the battery isn't charging. The most common problem is a flaky USB cable. Try another cable, or yet another. The green LED should stay on for about 2 - 2.5 hours if your battery is flat.
Isoprop is offline Find More Posts by Isoprop
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:08 AM
Dance the skies...
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by _Klas_ View Post
And with plugins nearly any other format. http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showt...1#post21413882
Yes, but it never did work with MOV files on my W7 (64x) Windows PC. Maybe they've got it working now? The program needs to be updated to do this natively, as well as output to more common formats than just .AVI
Tom Frank is offline Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Oct 17, 2012, 08:52 AM
Suspended Account
Joined Oct 2006
5,302 Posts
Key cam 808 #16 what we are delt with. With older cams the cable was not as bad

Enjoy the clip,

Keychain Cam 808what you are delt with (1 min 26 sec)

this vid has helped out a person. My job is done. for this one.

Key cam purchase (1 min 13 sec)
fishycomics is offline Find More Posts by fishycomics
Last edited by fishycomics; Oct 18, 2012 at 07:42 AM.
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:53 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
Quote:
Yes, you can buy a new lens/CMOS module for about $10 from the eBay sellers. .
tom can you link us to one of the sellers that offers these? thanks.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm
Old Oct 17, 2012, 11:56 AM
Joined Oct 2012
41 Posts
i did another loop mode/battery life test. got 4h15m on a fully charged camera w 2 fresh external AAs

Previous test was 3h5m or something like that. Not sure what might cause the variance, and don't really care: 3h is plenty for me. Great cam.

Going to wipe the cam and do a 60s time lapse connected to a PC so it will only be limited to the size of the card...going to be pretty silly long w a 32GB card. That will be my last test, and its just for fun.
ezeeetm is offline Find More Posts by ezeeetm