HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Closed Thread
Thread Tools
Old Dec 30, 2010, 11:52 PM
Registered User
Joined Dec 2010
25 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
This is very on topic for what I eventually want to cover in Post #3. I just need more time to compile the goods!

Are you wanting to repackage into .AVI format, or just clip out portions, or what? If the latter, just clip first then do direct copy to retain original file structure (duh!). For adding ANY filter action, you MUST re-encode. A direct copy into an .AVI file container does not bring over the video portion properly, so to put in .AVI format so Vdub can import it, it must be re-encoded. Use MPEG-4 AVC video codec (a.k.a. H.264). Normal .AVI output can then re-mux the stream properly. The native bit rate of this HD camera is about 7000 kbps, which is quite high for such a camera. But you'd want the final output to be similar to keep the same quality. I've done some trials, but haven't come to any conclusion on which is the best settings to get this. I find the "average bit rate - two pass" method, set for 7000 kbps the easiest way to get there, and probably as good of results as a single pass encoding method. It takes a bit longer with two passes, but the first pass is pretty quick. You can also put it into a different final container, like MP4, this way as well, and it's better suited for this codec and can still be played in the WMP and WMC, and WLMM on my W7 PC.

Does this answer your question?
Tom,

Well, you sort of answered it. The container does not matter to me, but the quality does, simply because the players I have can play AVI or MP4 or MOV. The most important is to find the best remux parameters after chopping or filtering the MOV import. So I will have some patience and await your findings...as I am currently a little indiposed.

Thanks,
clx1
clx1 is offline Find More Posts by clx1
Sign up now
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2010, 03:36 AM
Registered User
finster's Avatar
Michigan
Joined Feb 2006
496 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
The instructions say you don't need a driver for webcam function. What OS is your computer? W7 PC users have said no driver needed like the instructions, but XP could be a different story. Or MAC, even more different!
Rite tom...No drivers needed for cam...eletoponline365 sent me the CD...he calls it a driver CD...its just a CD to add/remove date and time...
finster is offline Find More Posts by finster
Old Dec 31, 2010, 08:54 AM
Just thumbing through...
victapilot's Avatar
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Frank View Post
That's interesting... hadn't looked at that one before. It will be interesting to see if it can improve this camera's video. It's a bit tedious to set up initially with needing to create a filter specific to each camera for best results, but might be worth the effort.
Agree, might be useful as a last resort. I would try making the filter by taking pics of a white wall or sheet. Anyhow, if vignetting is significant for any cam, the supplier should be made aware (if they are not already monitoring our posts...)

Yabba - your pictures are fine, you can see where the focus is best on the chain link fence. It would be interesting to see exposure and aperture - I use EXIF viewer (free) for that.
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Old Dec 31, 2010, 08:58 AM
Registered Abuser
lostheli's Avatar
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
finster, When did you purchase your camera? I noticed that you have successfully removed the timestamp.
clx1 bought his Dec. 12 and it would not accept the firmware update.


Will this thread breakup into pages of posts after so many posts or is there a setting that I am missing? As of now there are 79 posts and they are all on the same page.
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
Last edited by lostheli; Dec 31, 2010 at 09:17 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:13 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
Rite tom...No drivers needed for cam...eletoponline365 sent me the CD...he calls it a driver CD...its just a CD to add/remove date and time...
Finster,

Did you use the "driver CD" to remove the date and time? I adjusted my time but would prefer to remove it. It's pretty darn big in the lower right hand corner. Of course, I didn't get the CD with my order. Is the file the same as what Tom Frank attached to delete the time stamp?

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:22 AM
Registered Abuser
lostheli's Avatar
Joined Nov 2010
573 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
Will this thread breakup into pages of posts after so many posts or is there a setting that I am missing? As of now there are 79 posts and they are all on the same page.
nevermind, it is now split up into pages.
lostheli is online now Find More Posts by lostheli
Old Dec 31, 2010, 09:49 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by lostheli View Post
nevermind, it is now split up into pages.
It all depends on your personal settings. Yours must be default set. Mine is still on the first page.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:05 AM
Gravity - It's the law
Yabba's Avatar
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by finster View Post
Rite tom...No drivers needed for cam...eletoponline365 sent me the CD...he calls it a driver CD...its just a CD to add/remove date and time...
Now this is interesting....

I also ask what Prof100 asked,
Quote:
Did you use the "driver CD" to remove the date and time? I adjusted my time but would prefer to remove it. It's pretty darn big in the lower right hand corner. Of course, I didn't get the CD with my order. Is the file the same as what Tom Frank attached to delete the time stamp?
Is it different then Tom's file? If so, maybe you could post it (or upload it to Sendspace or similar) and we could compare to see if this file might work for some of the early 808HDs.

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:09 AM
Gravity - It's the law
Yabba's Avatar
USA, CO, Denver
Joined Jul 2008
1,025 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
<<snip>>
Yabba - your pictures are fine, you can see where the focus is best on the chain link fence. It would be interesting to see exposure and aperture - I use EXIF viewer (free) for that.
Thanks Victa

I'll d/l that and give it a try. Does it work for images and video or just one or the other? And which did you mean when you said my pictures are fine?

Yabba
Yabba is offline Find More Posts by Yabba
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:12 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
Now this is interesting....

I also ask what Prof100 asked,

Is it different then Tom's file? If so, maybe you could post it (or upload it to Sendspace or similar) and we could compare to see if this file might work for some of the early 808HDs.

Yabba
Yes, it would be nice. Mine was ordered on the 19th of December but I am not going to chance bricking the camera.

Bill
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2010, 10:48 AM
Just thumbing through...
victapilot's Avatar
Sunny (mostly) SC, home of the Joe Nall
Joined Feb 2009
4,230 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by yabbadaba2 View Post
Thanks Victa

I'll d/l that and give it a try. Does it work for images and video or just one or the other? And which did you mean when you said my pictures are fine?

Yabba
They are all good! The color looks realistic, the chain fence in the second one (0008) shows focus about 10ft out.

The EXIF view is for digital cam pics, don't know if the HD808 codes the data, but most do, at least exposure and aperture. The pics are downgraded by RCG, so there's nothing there
victapilot is online now Find More Posts by victapilot
Last edited by victapilot; Dec 31, 2010 at 11:04 AM.
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:33 AM
Registered User
Colorado Mountains
Joined Aug 2010
324 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof100 View Post
It all depends on your personal settings. Yours must be default set. Mine is still on the first page.
Mine also has all the posts on one page. Also, when I go to the link, it doesn't go to the top of the page. It goes to the middle and I have to scroll up to get to the 'view first unread' link. Is there a way to change these two things? How did lostheli get his to split into multiple pages?
zrobbie is offline Find More Posts by zrobbie
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:47 AM
Dance the skies...
Tom Frank's Avatar
United States, MA, Walpole
Joined Dec 2003
16,606 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by victapilot View Post
They are all good! The color looks realistic, the chain fence in the second one (0008) shows focus about 10ft out.

The EXIF view is for digital cam pics, don't know if the HD808 codes the data, but most do, at least exposure and aperture. The pics are downgraded by RCG, so there's nothing there
The same information can be displayed with Windows by right clicking on the picture icon, opening the "properties" window, then selecting the "Details" tab. No separate program needed. Move the scroll bar on the right hand side down about 1/2 way to see these details. I attached a screen clip of a pic from this camera sent to me by one of the vendors.
Tom Frank is online now Find More Posts by Tom Frank
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:47 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,856 Posts
Yabba,

Here is the picture cropped that you took earlier with the focused area highlighted.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Old Dec 31, 2010, 11:49 AM
Registered User
Prof100's Avatar
Canton, Michigan USA
Joined Jul 2007
15,856 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zrobbie View Post
Mine also has all the posts on one page. Also, when I go to the link, it doesn't go to the top of the page. It goes to the middle and I have to scroll up to get to the 'view first unread' link. Is there a way to change these two things? How did lostheli get his to split into multiple pages?
I made the adjustments a year ago or more. I like them all on one page.
Prof100 is online now Find More Posts by Prof100
RCG Plus Member
Closed Thread


Thread Tools

Similar Threads
Category Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Video Samurai with key cam AeroNut45 Electric Plane Talk 2 Oct 30, 2010 11:40 PM
Found found beladog FPV Equipment (FS/W) 1 Oct 30, 2010 01:01 PM
Discussion Any sign of True real time HD FPV gear....not secondary HD CAM ???!! khaled_abobakr FPV Talk 8 Oct 10, 2010 07:13 AM
Mini-Review Key Chain Cam for your autogyro!!! imsofaman Auto Gyros 7 Sep 10, 2010 07:10 AM