HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Nov 11, 2011, 08:58 PM
Tucson, AZ
Joined Aug 2004
841 Posts
From your earlier comment, you basically said the hardware (processor) doesn;t support it. can the processor support it or not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyKunz View Post
Not what I said at all. It's just an expensive (my time) feature. I won't say "Never" but I will say, "Don't hold your breath." I'm sure the decision-makers will be influenced by how well the feature is received by the DX10t owners.

Andy
teryn1 is offline Find More Posts by teryn1
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 11, 2011, 09:46 PM
Joined Feb 2008
2,559 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by teryn1 View Post
From your earlier comment, you basically said the hardware (processor) doesn;t support it. can the processor support it or not?
He said the 10t had a faster processor. That doesn't make the the slower processor hopeless, but it may take much more work to get it running on a slower processor without losing anything.
Dave H. is online now Find More Posts by Dave H.
Old Nov 11, 2011, 10:57 PM
3DHS RULEZ!!!
United States, VA, Wythe
Joined Jan 2011
523 Posts
has anyone tryed this?http://www.commonsenserc.com/product...oducts_id=2769
flyboy50 is offline Find More Posts by flyboy50
Old Nov 12, 2011, 03:08 AM
Deutschland, Bayern, München
Joined Jan 2009
91 Posts
I would rather buy the original one from HH or the cheap one from Hobbyking.
tachy kard is offline Find More Posts by tachy kard
Old Nov 12, 2011, 05:02 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,592 Posts
Throttle not hitting 100%

My throttle isn't hitting 100% UNLESS I push the stick a bit harder! I've tried changing modes and recalibrating, but the problem is still there.

Anyone else had this?
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Nov 12, 2011, 05:09 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post
My throttle isn't hitting 100% UNLESS I push the stick a bit harder! I've tried changing modes and recalibrating, but the problem is still there.

Anyone else had this?
Yes.

VP
Victory Pete is offline Find More Posts by Victory Pete
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Nov 12, 2011, 05:47 AM
Champagne Supernova
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Jul 2010
1,827 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerry__ View Post

Anyone else had this?
Yep Still got it and I hate it. It does not bottom out to zero. errr
FlyHighSelllow is offline Find More Posts by FlyHighSelllow
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:02 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
Actually, thinking about it, as long as the ESC is calibrated within the available range of the throttle, it should be a problem, should it?
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:14 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHighSelllow View Post
There is a simple procedure to correct this. Do a calibration again and when you are doing the throttle stick make sure the stick does not get pushed hard to the extents. You can try to do this by feel or you can shim it some how, I think I did it by making an effort not to even let it just touch the extents. It did work though. I think Freechip came up with this. Good luck.

VP
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:29 AM
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,592 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victory Pete View Post
There is a simple procedure to correct this. Do a calibration again and when you are doing the throttle stick make sure the stick does not get pushed hard to the extents. You can try to do this by feel or you can shim it some how, I think I did it by making an effort not to even let it just touch the extents. It did work though. I think Freechip came up with this. Good luck.

VP
In other words: short calibrate. It will reduce the resolution, but not by anything worth worrying about.
RCG Plus Member
Old Nov 12, 2011, 06:49 AM
Team Aztech Aeromodels!
United States, PA, Allentown
Joined May 2011
2,928 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyboy50 View Post
Get the one from hobbyking. Cheaper and just as good.

http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ter_Pack_.html
zmonster97 is offline Find More Posts by zmonster97
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 3DHS 72" Extra flight
Old Nov 12, 2011, 07:10 AM
Joined Apr 2008
21 Posts
Throttle to high?

Hi,

I'm using an Heli with DX8 and RPM control by my ESC. SO I programmed an throttle straight in my transmitter on different F Modes.

Everything works fine. WHen I switch on the transmitter and my pitch stick is not in total down position, the transmitter complains about "Throttle High". Why?
I do not have a coupling between Pitch and Throttle. Probably it's an wrong check in the transmitter about the Pitch stick position and not the Throttle output.

I think programming the transmitters always the "old" engine powered Helis are in mind and not the electric powered Helis which sometimes do not have and Throttle curve (only throttle straight).

Kind regards

Michael
michil is offline Find More Posts by michil
Old Nov 12, 2011, 08:01 AM
Vienna, Austria
Joined Oct 2010
1,941 Posts
Disable the throttle warning in the system menu. It does not work for guys switching on their engine on with a switch (like me). Unfortunately you have to buy a DX10t if you want to configure the switches freely to the alarm...
Or pester Andy long enough

As for the "not 100%" throttle, just be very sensitive when calibrating the sticks. Mine work perfectly after I calibrated them.
Mukenukem is online now Find More Posts by Mukenukem
Old Nov 12, 2011, 09:24 AM
Air, Ground & Water
Canada, ON, Rockland
Joined Aug 2008
22,268 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mukenukem View Post
As for the "not 100%" throttle, just be very sensitive when calibrating the sticks. Mine work perfectly after I calibrated them.
Either be sensitive or limit the movement of the stick like I did.
freechip is online now Find More Posts by freechip
Old Nov 12, 2011, 09:52 AM
Suspended Account
Rhode Island USA
Joined Aug 2010
5,350 Posts
I just checked my DX8 for calibration and I guess it wandered a bit. I suppose this is normal. So I recalibrated. To avoid the throttle "Extent Issue" I just simply noted where the extent positions are by looking at the tick marks and then just made sure I didnt go that far. It does now read 100% for both extents. Shimming doesnt really work for the throttle and elevator, it does however work for the Rudder and Aileron (Mode 2), the gymbals are different for the 2 axes.

VP