HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Apr 04, 2013, 06:57 AM
Way to many airplanes!
Canada, QC
Joined Oct 2009
5,489 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
I personally think they've just moved on. It wouldn't be the first time. Remember "Swarm" pricing? That got axed and changed to the (much worse) "buddy" pricing. Freebies weren't always there, so it was probably just a short term experiment that never meant to go on forever.

So I suspect we won't see any more freebies. But that's just me.
Buddy codes were awesome when they introduced them! There was no limits, so you could use as many as you wanted to order as many items you needed. I remember placing orders with 10 different items, including at least 7 or 8 of them with buddy codes. HK prices are already good, but being able to use so many buddy codes at once was great (with no limit on individual qty). Sure enough, now that you can only use one buddy code, with a max of 3 items for that single buddy code, it's pretty much useless. So, as a regular buyer, I would be happy if they simply raise those limits (only one per order and max 3 items is really useless) to something reasonable like 3 buddy codes per orders and a much higher qty limit (5 to 10 items, maybe depending on the items)
RealGambler is offline Find More Posts by RealGambler
to remove ads between posts
Old Apr 04, 2013, 12:51 PM
Registered Loser
Canada, BC, Central Okanagan H
Joined Jun 2010
3,266 Posts
I wish they'd just do away with the gimmicks and offer their best pricing to so called "platinum" customers all the time. Its annoying that you have to jump through hoops to get a better deal. But that's just me.

Speaking of me... I really have no idea why I'm subscribed to this thread. So I think I'll just unsubscribe now
s_mack is offline Find More Posts by s_mack
Old Apr 04, 2013, 02:03 PM
Canada, ON, Toronto
Joined Apr 2011
1,650 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by s_mack View Post
I wish they'd just do away with the gimmicks and offer their best pricing to so called "platinum" customers all the time. Its annoying that you have to jump through hoops to get a better deal. But that's just me.

Speaking of me... I really have no idea why I'm subscribed to this thread. So I think I'll just unsubscribe now
What he said.....
idletime is offline Find More Posts by idletime
Old Apr 04, 2013, 05:39 PM
Joined Nov 2012
397 Posts
doesn't everybody know what the freebie "promotion" actually is?!?!?!!?!
anthony hand said it himself - it is to reduce inventory on items that don't move - THAT'S IT!!! the advertisement value is secondary. and no, it is not done as a "favor" for loyal customers LMAO! wait till pre-xmas time when they need to make more warehouse space for items they plan on selling for the holiday season for the next "freebies"
rcfisherman is offline Find More Posts by rcfisherman
Old Apr 04, 2013, 05:47 PM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
I am hopeing Hobby King starts giving away Freewing SU35s!!!!!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Oct 08, 2013, 06:27 AM
Scott
Australia, SA, Two Wells
Joined Feb 2012
216 Posts
Holy crap a freebie after like 2 years. Terrible hexcopter frame but still hope for the future.
wigsw001 is offline Find More Posts by wigsw001
Old Oct 08, 2013, 06:40 AM
Once you taste flight...
United States, ME, Bangor
Joined Dec 2011
2,782 Posts
Ya and a week after I bought my Versus from that warehouse >.<
skydvejam is offline Find More Posts by skydvejam
Old Oct 08, 2013, 08:29 AM
Suspended Account
United States, AZ, Tucson
Joined Mar 2012
3,265 Posts
Who needs free stuff? Lets all just enjoy paying full price!
goldsworthy is offline Find More Posts by goldsworthy
Reply With Quote  (Disabled)
Old Mar 14, 2014, 02:53 PM
Joined Jul 2013
14 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thai View Post
Just got off their chat, Elise from livechat says:

If it's your first time to order, you are considered a Standard Member. And after placing your first order, in 14 days, you will be upgraded to Gold Level. Finally, after you placed at least 8 orders, your membership level will be upgraded to Platinum.
There're some 1ct items. Just order 9 of them, in 9 different orders, and select self-pick up in HK. Oh you need to change your address country to Hong Kong first to get this option,

Then viola, platinum. And you get your 9cts refunded after 2 weeks.
garryhuang is offline Find More Posts by garryhuang