Old Jan 31, 2016, 10:31 AM
Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Twisted Do Nut!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Dec 2010
2,827 Posts
The Pitts is even better outside.

On the mount, something I picked up from Cody is adding some strips of blenderm to the legs of the mount and fuse. Think the laser build has pics.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 31, 2016, 11:25 PM
Find More Posts by Krinaman
Joined Sep 2015
86 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KamikazePilot View Post
On the mount, something I picked up from Cody is adding some strips of blenderm to the legs of the mount and fuse. Think the laser build has pics.
Yeah, that was part of the TH instructions but not the RC factory ones.
Krinaman is offline Find More Posts by Krinaman
Old Feb 01, 2016, 09:27 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
2,347 Posts
Yeah, Mr CDee is on the money doing the TH Build Manuals. The time and detail involved has helped so many builders to achieve the top results we love to hear about. We get the mod ideas here and there and Cdee even incorporates some into revisions that are done from time to time.

Thanks for all the hard work, Cdee!
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2016, 08:06 AM
Find More Posts by sweet s
United States, MI, Lapeer
Joined Jan 2014
222 Posts
We glued the motor mount with quick grip and flew at the soccer field yesterday ,put five packs through it everything's a ok. with no tape.
sweet s is offline Find More Posts by sweet s
Old Feb 03, 2016, 08:57 PM
Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Twisted Do Nut!
United States, TX, San Antonio
Joined Dec 2010
2,827 Posts
Started adding it when a few nose ins did rip the mount off (starting off with 3d probably not the best idea). It's not needed, but a nice addition.
KamikazePilot is offline Find More Posts by KamikazePilot
Old Feb 09, 2016, 12:25 AM
Find More Posts by MaydayMayday
United States, CA, Fremont
Joined Jul 2011
1,721 Posts
Beat up mine pretty good over the last couple of weeks. Been practicing flying low but dumped it a few times over pavement and the last flight on Sunday tore the lower wing back where it meets the fuse.

I think I need to go back to a little higher altitude.

Maybe it's the way mine is setup but it seems like there is a "binding point" when flying the plane flys 100% predictable and I KNOW I can get away with being 1/2 a mistake high then one flight it just loses it and drops a wing.
MaydayMayday is online now Find More Posts by MaydayMayday
Old Feb 09, 2016, 10:11 PM
Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
TEAM TWISTED
United States, MD, Middle River
Joined Dec 2011
2,347 Posts
Sounds like hitting stall speed but check your push rods for the tail for a drop of CA to make sure you don't have anything getting stuck on a rod guide. You would hear friction or a click if you have an issue.
ROLLING CIRCLE is offline Find More Posts by ROLLING CIRCLE
RCG Plus Member
Old Apr 07, 2016, 07:37 PM
Find More Posts by Mud Butt
New Bee
Santa Cruz, CA. USA
Joined May 2007
100 Posts
Hey,

I thought I'd chime in since no one posted since the beginning of Feb. I'm bummed,
fedex said all week that my CP would be here today, and at the last minute they pushed it back to tomorrow

I had my whole evening planed to get started and WAS so excited. Oh well, maybe it will be here early tomorrow, if so, there goes the laundry until the CP gets done.
I saw some people saying they were getting there shipment in a couple of days, well I ordered on the first and tomorrow will be the seventh. I guess they weren't in CA.
Anyway now I've just gotta sit on my hands and wait. So it looks like no one is swapping out the ply spars for carbon, is there a reason for not doing this?
Are the weight and strength gains not enough to warrant the mod? I know someone said that the ply is more forgiving, but I would think that an experienced pilot could appreciate that stiffness.
What do you guys think? I thought that once I got my skills the CP would probably need to be replaced by then and I would try the carbon instead of the ply.
Well cheers fellas
Brian
Mud Butt is offline Find More Posts by Mud Butt
Old Apr 07, 2016, 08:01 PM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
Genesis 50:20
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
14,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Butt View Post
Hey,

I thought I'd chime in since no one posted since the beginning of Feb. I'm bummed,
fedex said all week that my CP would be here today, and at the last minute they pushed it back to tomorrow

I had my whole evening planed to get started and WAS so excited. Oh well, maybe it will be here early tomorrow, if so, there goes the laundry until the CP gets done.
I saw some people saying they were getting there shipment in a couple of days, well I ordered on the first and tomorrow will be the seventh. I guess they weren't in CA.
Anyway now I've just gotta sit on my hands and wait. So it looks like no one is swapping out the ply spars for carbon, is there a reason for not doing this?
Are the weight and strength gains not enough to warrant the mod? I know someone said that the ply is more forgiving, but I would think that an experienced pilot could appreciate that stiffness.
What do you guys think? I thought that once I got my skills the CP would probably need to be replaced by then and I would try the carbon instead of the ply.
Well cheers fellas
Brian
I sammitched a strip of carbon onto the wood spar. Works very well.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Apr 07, 2016, 09:22 PM
Find More Posts by Mud Butt
New Bee
Santa Cruz, CA. USA
Joined May 2007
100 Posts
Hey bhoov,

Was that because of a repair or in your build?
Cheers
Brian
Mud Butt is offline Find More Posts by Mud Butt
Old Apr 07, 2016, 09:23 PM
Find More Posts by bhoov128
Genesis 50:20
United States, FL, Davenport
Joined May 2012
14,405 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mud Butt View Post
Hey bhoov,

Was that because of a repair or in your build?
Cheers
Brian
Repair. When I built my MXS-C I did it during the build. Well worth it, IMO. Gluing the wood spar back together sucks.
bhoov128 is online now Find More Posts by bhoov128
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Snice Slick
Old Apr 08, 2016, 09:58 AM
Find More Posts by bailbonds
United States, VA, Hopewell
Joined Apr 2012
288 Posts
I started my build before work this morning. I got ahead of myself and glued the wood spar in the fuse. the fuse that needs to be cut in half. self face palm
@#%! happens. I shouldn't have rushed myself. I am sure its not the end of the world.
bailbonds is offline Find More Posts by bailbonds
Old Apr 08, 2016, 11:47 AM
Joined Apr 2012
288 Posts
Okay, crisis averted. I was able to make it home during lunch and found the glue had not fully cured. I was able to gently remove the brace. Phew. The build continues. The canopy, elevator, bottom fuse and epp fuse braces are glued and curing while I go back to my day job. Lol
Old Apr 08, 2016, 11:57 AM
Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
United States, FL
Joined Aug 2008
4,417 Posts
One of the greatest things about model building is model building Enjoy bailbonds!
Twisted Realm is offline Find More Posts by Twisted Realm
Site Sponsor
Old Apr 08, 2016, 12:07 PM
Joined Apr 2012
288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twisted Realm View Post
One of the greatest things about model building is model building Enjoy bailbonds!
LMAO. Thanks