HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:13 PM
Australia, SA, Adelaide
Joined Aug 2012
543 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poitivin View Post
Thanks. It's not that expensive so I might give a try too in the -2 and see how it improves ;-)
Thanks
I had the HD's only briefly and found the blurriness around the edges to be dreadful. I tried the -2 and -4 diopters but still no luck. I have -1 vision both eyes.

I do wonder if the blurriness is google specific as opposed a design flaw. I mean i read somewhere that some have replaced their HD's for new ones (for various reasons) and the blurriness either is gone, or where they didn't have it before, now on the replacements they do.

Would love to here what fatshark have to say about this.
Jdmagoo is offline Find More Posts by Jdmagoo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 20, 2015, 10:43 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
5,020 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
I had the HD's only briefly and found the blurriness around the edges to be dreadful. I tried the -2 and -4 diopters but still no luck. I have -1 vision both eyes.

I do wonder if the blurriness is google specific as opposed a design flaw. I mean i read somewhere that some have replaced their HD's for new ones (for various reasons) and the blurriness either is gone, or where they didn't have it before, now on the replacements they do.

This Flaw has been reported in the Fat Shark HD's from day one, not that Fat Shark should be let off the hook on this BUT this seems to be a common denominator in reading reviews on the HD goggles. It's too bad really this has not been fixed, mentioned and addressed by the company.
ZACATTACK is offline Find More Posts by ZACATTACK
Old Feb 20, 2015, 11:17 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jdmagoo View Post
Rather than just complain about it why don't you just contact Fat Shark support and ask them? Properly setting the ipd for your facial physics can also make a big difference. Probably does not help if your ipd is not inside the goggle's adjustment range.

Do you already have other FS goggles btw?

support@fatshark.com
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Feb 27, 2015, 01:21 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2014
147 Posts
Quick question on my HD's and the image quality. I've had the issue on and off since day one, but now it seems to be more of a permanent issue. The color of the image is way off. Lots of red, yellow and white.

I got a new FPV cam for one of my rigs, Sony Effio-V. The picture looks amazing through my old Dom V1's but is over exposed and really off in color with my HD's. Greens and oranges look purple and yellow. I even swapped out the 5.8 VRx module between the two but it's constantly off in my HD's.

Last weekend I noticed the same thing, but after a reboot on the goggles the color came back normal. What is going on? Do I have a dirty connection in the module or something?

I'll go play with it some more this weekend, but it seems like it's a connection issue with the VRx module. I guess I'll have to plug in my 1.3Ghz VRx too that doesn't use the goggle bay and see if it's there too.

I've just read a few other people with the same issue but no answers. I've flown with them for a while now, but now I can't seem to get them to come back to a viewable image?
BlackR0ck is offline Find More Posts by BlackR0ck
Old Feb 27, 2015, 01:32 PM
Sweden, Västra Götaland County, Vänersborg
Joined Dec 2010
95 Posts
Try to watch a movie file from SD card and see if that one is off too. That would indicate that it's something with the output to the screens and not on the input side of the electronic.
Hedis is online now Find More Posts by Hedis
Old Feb 27, 2015, 04:33 PM
Joined Feb 2010
305 Posts
Hi,
i've received my first fpv goggles ever... went with the HD's. After reading so many "blur edges" posts I was afraid, but thank god i can set goggle IPD to minimum and have a perfect image.
There's one issue however, I cant get HDMI to work. I mean , it works but I have to keep pressing the button (when changing modes, I enter hdmi , either 2D or 3D ) and if I release the button I loose the image on the goggles.
Common, dont tell me I've received a faulty unit ??!

EDIT: Got it working fine, it was the resolution that was too high.

One more thing.... how do you avoid foggy lenses ? I'm on my room and it's about 12ºC and my fatshark lenses are all foggy...to the point I cant see s***
Carlcox89 is offline Find More Posts by Carlcox89
Last edited by Carlcox89; Feb 27, 2015 at 04:39 PM.
Old Feb 27, 2015, 05:12 PM
Gold Coast Coolangata, Australia
Joined Nov 2003
2,055 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carlcox89 View Post
One more thing.... how do you avoid foggy lenses ? I'm on my room and it's about 12ºC and my fatshark lenses are all foggy...to the point I cant see s***
Your room temp is only 12 deg C (~40 deg F). Man you must be an iceman, lol!

Easiest thing for you to do is rest the goggles on your forehead for a few minutes before sliding them over your eyes. This will help bring the goggle's lens temps closer to yours.

I find that some conditions (you'll probably find this out too imho) make even this difficult and in these cases I apply a little anti-fogging agent prior to using the goggles. I just dab a small amount on the lens with a cotton swab (Q-tip), let it sit/dry for a few minutes, then give them a light buff with a microfiber cloth (like the one that came with your goggles). This works well for me and using just a dab (no need to spray it on) a bottle lasts a very long time.

I use and like the Quick Spit anti fogging agent;

http://www.jawsproducts.com/ProductD...ductCode=1796x
TomC is offline Find More Posts by TomC
Old Feb 27, 2015, 08:02 PM
United States, WA, Seattle
Joined Feb 2014
147 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedis View Post
Try to watch a movie file from SD card and see if that one is off too. That would indicate that it's something with the output to the screens and not on the input side of the electronic.
Good idea. I'll try watching something from the SD card. I should have a few flights on it right now.

I like my HD's. The eye adjustment sliders don't stay in place, but FS said I could get those fixed easy. I just haven't mailed them in yet.

Has anyone tried any mods to get the lenses closer to your eyes? Since getting them I determined they almost don't work for me, but I just can't give them up. A bit of blur on the edges is ok, but without the eye cups I can pretty much clear it up.
BlackR0ck is offline Find More Posts by BlackR0ck
Old Feb 28, 2015, 09:56 AM
Joined Feb 2010
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomC View Post
Your room temp is only 12 deg C (~40 deg F). Man you must be an iceman, lol!

Easiest thing for you to do is rest the goggles on your forehead for a few minutes before sliding them over your eyes. This will help bring the goggle's lens temps closer to yours.

I find that some conditions (you'll probably find this out too imho) make even this difficult and in these cases I apply a little anti-fogging agent prior to using the goggles. I just dab a small amount on the lens with a cotton swab (Q-tip), let it sit/dry for a few minutes, then give them a light buff with a microfiber cloth (like the one that came with your goggles). This works well for me and using just a dab (no need to spray it on) a bottle lasts a very long time.

I use and like the Quick Spit anti fogging agent;

http://www.jawsproducts.com/ProductD...ductCode=1796x
ahah
outside is like 4ºC , so my "iceman cave" is nice at about 12ºC lol

Now I have to find where to buy that anti-fogging product here in Portugal
Old Feb 28, 2015, 02:52 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
5,020 Posts
Quote:
ahah

12*C !!! That's crazy !!
Old Feb 28, 2015, 03:12 PM
Joined Feb 2010
305 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZACATTACK View Post
12*C !!! That's crazy !!
Either i'm crazy or you guys are making confusion
what's the current temperature there ZAC?
Old Feb 28, 2015, 03:51 PM
Canada, ON, Hamilton
Joined May 2011
5,020 Posts
Quote:
Either i'm crazy or you guys are making confusion
what's the current temperature there ZAC?
Hi CarlCox89, I'm in Toronto, Canada & it's -14*C outside currently without the wind-chill, so probably -20*C with wind-chill. It's suppose to warm up to -5* C today though..WooHoo!! ...My thermostat says 22*C or 72* F and it's just perfect in my Condo. At night I raise it a little too

EDIT: Sorry for the off topic.
Last edited by ZACATTACK; Feb 28, 2015 at 03:57 PM.
Old Yesterday, 12:11 PM
Non Eius A Stupri Fucus
Auckland NZ
Joined Aug 2007
7,499 Posts
Annddd... My DomV2's are broken again. FFSFS

DVR joystick switch has died, does anyone know if its a commercially available part?
jackosmeister is offline Find More Posts by jackosmeister
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
flythai
Portugal, Lisbon
Joined Oct 2014
72 Posts
Quote:
ahah

saliva on his finger is the best solution