SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:06 PM
AMA# 548800
United States, CT, Trumbull
Joined Dec 2007
5,477 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipefitter9 View Post
I am setting up my mini kbar(yellow )when i go into the transmitter page all my sticks show movement on the graph except for my throttle(collective does move) tried everything I know to try the throttle hold is off
That's normal
jombo is offline Find More Posts by jombo
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:52 PM
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
Full rx
pipefitter9 is offline Find More Posts by pipefitter9
Old Feb 28, 2015, 12:57 PM
Joined Feb 2015
7 Posts
so this is normal in the standard rx set up?
pipefitter9 is offline Find More Posts by pipefitter9
Old Feb 28, 2015, 02:01 PM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggiz View Post
Hey guys
My yellow mini kbar on my 500 have a small
constant tail wag slow.
Have been rite thru tail and its nice and smooth.
I have dropped IGain dwn to 40 and is slowly getn beta, but hw low can u take this?
Hi Diggiz

Don't know if it will help, but I had the same with a tail on a Mini-Titan. Went round in circles trying to sort it out.
Turned out to be the tail itself.
Like you, I had the tail very smooth and, so I thought, free moving. As a last resort I loosened all the bolts in the tail to what I would consider sloppy, and the wag disappeared.
Been flying like that ever since and no problems.
You need the tail to be smooth, but also no restriction of any kind to movement.
Needs to move with only the slightest force, almost falls under its own weight if you tip the model on its side.
That's my findings, might be worth looking at?
BTW, reset your P and I gains to default before you try it. Start from a known place.

Cheers

BL

P.S. My 500 also has a Kbar, and it's been faultless. Once you get this wag sorted, you will really enjoy this model.

BL
Border Lord is online now Find More Posts by Border Lord
Old Feb 28, 2015, 02:21 PM
just gotta mess with it!
North West Louisiana
Joined Nov 2009
5,597 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by pipefitter9 View Post
so this is normal in the standard rx set up?
With a normal RX, your ESC lead connects directly to the RX, and the Kbar doesn't "see" it . It's easy enough to verify that the throttle is working by trying the heli on the bench with the blades off or with the pinion disconnected from the maingear.
2Doggs is offline Find More Posts by 2Doggs
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Nano Tech 1800mah 4S 25-50c
Old Feb 28, 2015, 06:05 PM
Joined Sep 2013
284 Posts
Borderlord,u said u loosend the screws in tail,
which screws u refering to? There are a lot of screws in the tail.lol
Diggiz is offline Find More Posts by Diggiz
Old Feb 28, 2015, 08:21 PM
Jessthegreat
United States, CA, Concord
Joined May 2013
248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Doggs View Post
With a normal RX, your ESC lead connects directly to the RX, and the Kbar doesn't "see" it . It's easy enough to verify that the throttle is working by trying the heli on the bench with the blades off or with the pinion disconnected from the maingear.
Yep
jessdigs is online now Find More Posts by jessdigs
Old Yesterday, 10:50 AM
Looptastic!
Enschede, Netherlands
Joined Nov 2009
2,429 Posts
Tuning the miniP. What does it mean if the tail automatic optimization is 90 one way and 10 the other? Also stop gain is at 17 now. Is that a reasonable value?
sp00fman is offline Find More Posts by sp00fman
Last edited by sp00fman; Yesterday at 11:31 AM.
Old Yesterday, 03:31 PM
South London United Kingdom
Joined Jun 2003
1,385 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diggiz View Post
Borderlord,u said u loosend the screws in tail,
which screws u refering to? There are a lot of screws in the tail.lol
Hi Diggiz, sorry I didn't get back to you earlier.

Anyway, I assume we're talking about an Align 500, or one of its clones.
So, you have a bolt holding the pitch change lever to the tail case, two from the pitch change slider and two more from dogbone links to the blade holders.
I make that 5, yes?
Start by disconnecting everything and checking that the pitch slider moves freely.
By that I mean no resistance whatsoever. If there is any, take the blades off and spin the motor while holding a rag with some metal polish on it against the shaft.
Effectively, you are polishing it. Pitch slider should now move freely.
Put the bolt in for the pitch lever. Tighten this up a little at a time until you can just feel resistance, then back off 1/2 turn.
Add the dogbone links to the pitch slider. Again, tighten the bolts until you just start to feel resistance, then back off a little.
You should be able to feel no resistance when you move the links by hand.
Now comes the awkward bit.
Connect the dogbone links to the blade holders, one at a time. Again, tighten the bolts until you can feel slight resistance, feeling by moving the pitch lever by hand, then back off a little.
Then do the same with the other side.
You should now have a tail that will move with no effort whatsoever.
Trust me, far longer to write than to do.
BTW, if you want to loctite anything, best done during the assembly process. Don't want to get the bolts set perfectly then have to remove again. Be sparing with the loctite as well. Don't want that 'gumming up' the works.

Hope this helps

BL
Border Lord is online now Find More Posts by Border Lord