HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jan 20, 2005, 05:38 PM
Joined Jan 2005
7 Posts
Xrb

i have removed the servo arms and one of the servos is turning all the time is this normal, any help would be gratefull
Ray :
rayruby is offline Find More Posts by rayruby
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 20, 2005, 07:11 PM
Professional Tinkerer
Bloomington Monroe Cty, Indiana, United States
Joined Jul 2003
1,285 Posts
That is not normal. maybe the position pot is broke or bad ,not real sure. I do know one thing that you can't buy just that part.
rickyblaze is offline Find More Posts by rickyblaze
Old Jan 21, 2005, 03:55 AM
uk
Joined Oct 2004
980 Posts
You'll need to recentre the transmitter trims , see if that'll centre the servo. I would sugest the servo is ' hunting ', for the center point .
I'll have to agree with rickyblaze.
If you.ve gotten the servo dirty ! ( dropped in a pond !? ) then treat it with a bit of spray lube/Switch-cleaner.
coaxial-gyro is offline Find More Posts by coaxial-gyro
Old Jan 21, 2005, 10:49 AM
Joined Jan 2005
7 Posts
The xrb has not been wet i was flying as normal on my second flight it would not get of the ground, it kept wanting to roll to the left on take of i held the xrb and noticed the lower blades under full throttle leaning to one side then i noticed the swash plate of centered the servo on the left side was not working when i removed servo arm it just turns without stopping, beging to thinck its faulty i will try and re center tonight
thanks Ray
Old Jan 21, 2005, 12:59 PM
United States, MN, Big Lake
Joined Sep 2003
272 Posts
Servo rotating 360:

Most servos have mechanical stops in their gear train that prevent them from driving more than about 270 degrees. I have had one of the Lama servos apart and they have a unique planetary reduction drive that I don't think they will stop rotating unless the servo motor current is stopped by the electronic position circuitry. The position feedback pot sits on top of the servo output shaft. I found that the pot case had snapped open on mine which could prevent the pot's wiper arm from contacting the resistance ring. Otherwise you may have a failure in the onboard position circuit for that servo. I don't think anything in the controller could cause this kind of a problem.
Aerospacer is offline Find More Posts by Aerospacer
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 21, 2005, 01:59 PM
United States, KS, Wichita
Joined Dec 2004
106 Posts
Sounds like a warranty issue to me.
OlatheFlyer is offline Find More Posts by OlatheFlyer
Old Jan 21, 2005, 02:10 PM
Joined Jan 2005
7 Posts
well guys i found the problem one of the three servo wires had come away from the solder reattached it now working fine
thanks for all your help
Ray