Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:05 PM
Joined Nov 2008
43 Posts
Discussion
Mystery 200A ESC programming info?

I can't seem to find instructions on how to program this controller using the beeps. Anyone have experience with this one? Will I need a programming card?
SlowSL is offline Find More Posts by SlowSL
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 24, 2014, 12:07 PM
Joined Nov 2008
43 Posts
Oops, this was supposed to be posted in the electric sub-section.
Old Jun 24, 2014, 04:03 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,787 Posts
I'm using the info in this link to program my Mystery ESC's:
http://www.suppomodel.com/ESC/Normal..._and_above.pdf

Regards, Jan.
pompebled is online now Find More Posts by pompebled
Old Jun 25, 2014, 08:00 AM
Joined Nov 2008
43 Posts
Thanks Jan! I did see that page, but didn't see the 200amp UBEC listed, only 200a w/ no BEC. Hopefully the 100a & 200a program the same, so this is the best info I have to go by for now. Have you tried a mystery 200 amp?
Old Jun 25, 2014, 08:28 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,787 Posts
Yep, all these ESC's come with the same controlboard, the difference is just the number of Fet boards connected.

I've got a 200A Mystery working in my son's Arowana, with this Turnigy motor on 4S Turning a 42 mm prop:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...ess_Motor.html

In view of the (lack of) workmanship on the Mystery ESC's, I always take off the shrinkwrap and check if all Fets have physical contact with the watercooler.
Usually not more than 30% actually touches the cooler...

I sand the Fets into one plane and add te watercooler with a tiny(!) amount of heat conducting paste.

Regards, Jan.
Old Jul 05, 2014, 02:17 AM
Joined Jan 2014
17 Posts
Hello, I have a Mystery 50A ESC wich seems to have the same programming-sequence. But I Only have a pistol-grip controller, and when I want to enter a submenu I have to full reverse. And when I want to choose an option I put the "stick" in the middle(no throttle) and the ESC goes to normal mode, fully working mode.
What I want to now is if the ESC saved the option or id dit just go back to normal mode?
mostwanted is offline Find More Posts by mostwanted
Old Jul 05, 2014, 03:59 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,787 Posts
Most likely the center position of the trigger isn't recognised, you may be a fraction off

Try to borrow a stick transmitter for the programming, that's how I work around this issue...

Regards, Jan.
Last edited by pompebled; Jul 05, 2014 at 04:05 AM.
Old Jul 08, 2014, 11:01 AM
Joined Jan 2014
17 Posts
Got it to work! To choose submenu you have to go Full reverse and hold, and to choose and save you let the pistolgrip go to "neutral", then you get the long save-beep.
But anyway my boat sank to the bottom of the sea together with the esc... I had 10min of fun with it
Old Jul 08, 2014, 03:24 PM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,787 Posts
I assume you taped the hatch shut prior to running your boat in the sea...?

Tell us how this happened please.

Regards, Jan.
Old Jul 09, 2014, 06:42 PM
Joined Jan 2014
17 Posts
No cant say I did... the boat comes with a foam-style seal under the hatch and a small lever to snap it shut. The increased speed from the ESC must have got the little plastic lever to open and the hatch flew off when the boat spun out of control and landed upsidedown.
Then it sunk like rock. I thought the styrofoam in the front of the boat would make that impossible, it didnt.
What kind of tape do you use? And how do I tape it?
Old Jul 10, 2014, 11:06 AM
Boaters are nice people.
Sneek, Netherlands.
Joined May 2004
4,787 Posts
Hi Mostwanted,

Sigh..., not taping the hatch is a typical beginners error which in your case resulted in a total loss, too bad.

The shape of the Super Mono X hatch is really bad for taping it shut properly, most likely it wasn't designed with more speed than stock in mind.
A 'tapable' hatch has a flat area all around, so it's easy to tape down.

The plastic lever is rubbish, it should be a bolt, so the hatch is held down properly.

But what can you say; it's a plastic toy, if you want to upgrade it, make sure the hatch will stay on...

Regards, Jan.