Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:00 PM
Beginner Pilot
United States, NY, Coram
Joined Jul 2012
374 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFly. View Post
I just shipped a "free" electric motor, at my expense, almost $5 with a padded envelope, not to mention gas to drive to USPS.
How many of you have given free items?
I.ve given things away as well but no way could I afford to pay for shipping and supplies needed to ship! Not everyone is as fortunate or well off as others. Life is tough and most people try our best and it isn't right for people to judge others. If you do not agree on the prices of someone's S&H than do not say something on this forum (as it is not the place for it). Use one of the other forum topics. Just don't take it. This topic always comes up in here every once in a while. And I do not agree with what others have to say. The item is what is being given away as "free stuff". Not what is needed to get the item to the person who needs it. As in theLocal pick up only adds. They do not ship as it is to much, whether it be cost or handling the item, to do so.
Just my thoughts

Jeff
gs550t1981 is offline Find More Posts by gs550t1981
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:09 PM
sKrude up, Rejected!
Joined Jun 2008
3,186 Posts
I think it's up to the seller what they choose to do,
When I give an item, I check the persons blog, if all the posts are on the free thread,I pass them up and look for a person who will benefit from the "gift".
DogFly. is offline Find More Posts by DogFly.
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:12 PM
Koo
A semi-advanced FPV newbie
United States, OH, Oxford
Joined Mar 2012
1,147 Posts
MIKEYOUR has a point. At first when he started listing all the items at 30-40% more expnsive shipping than it would cost him, I thought why couldn't he just list the items at other sections. But it does take time and energy to ship stuff.

If he has something that he doesn't need and a fellow member might want/need, its a very nice thing to give it away and ask a bit of money for his time and to cover the shipping.

I've received 3 things from Mark and people like him just don't exist. I mean they do, but there is just one of them in the world. We really can't compare people like MIKEYOUR to him who aren't giving items away just to do a good deed.
Koo is offline Find More Posts by Koo
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:58 PM
DJO
Custom FPV Setups
United States, CT, Stafford
Joined Oct 2011
3,527 Posts
I'd say that if something is free, it should be 100% free or the shipping should be cheap. I have seen some odd stuff on the free section here lately. Like broken electronics and stuff with ridiculously high shipping costs. If you're generous and want to give something away for free, then all the more power to you, that's great and I appreciate people that will! But selling a broken electronic item is like selling a notebook with no paper. Selling something for $12 shipped when it can be bought new for $5 more isn't exactly "free"

It's amazing that people give stuff away for free, but I think some of us here are getting suspicious that they're taking advantage of us instead of it being "free".

I have some stuff I could give away for free... let's say I say that it's $10 shipped for each item. I have 7 small items. In reality it's $3 to ship per item, so in the end I made money off of calling it "free" I don't mean to offend anybody or anything though, it is what it is.

I ship out stuff all the time. Shipping for one of those padded envelops is like $3 and don't buy a new padded envelope, reuse an old one that you got previous goodies in. Recycling, right?

Dan
DJO is offline Find More Posts by DJO
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Home Run Derby & Aerial Shots
Old Feb 02, 2013, 09:29 PM
United States, OR, Medford
Joined Sep 2012
6 Posts
Free

There is an add for wings for a yak on here I tried to get them. He tells me he wants 17 for shipping and he wants 10 for the wing. That's not free.
moore5201 is offline Find More Posts by moore5201
Old Feb 03, 2013, 05:38 PM
Culper Junior
eastern pa
Joined Feb 2007
2,174 Posts
If I'm giving something away that is free, it is free at my doorstep.

You pick it up here, all it costs is your gas.

You live far away and want it, you pay to ship it to you.

End of transaction.
aeronca52 is offline Find More Posts by aeronca52