Closed Thread
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:14 PM
Promoting Model Aviation...
United States, CA, Tehachapi
Joined Nov 2005
24,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Challenger 413 View Post
I thought he was also banned for having a sock account along with troll-ing?

Challenger413
I don't know all the details about that. Sorry. I have been told he has been caught with three sock accounts since he was banned though.

That is pretty ironic since he used to brag about busting other people's sock accounts.

Repeatedly saying things that are not true to other people is an excellent reason to be banned from a public forum. I suspect that IS the reason he was banned. I doubt it was for trolling. People do that all that time and they are still here.

Frank
Murocflyer is offline Find More Posts by Murocflyer
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Who Appreciates Your Work?
to remove ads between posts
Old Feb 02, 2013, 08:53 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hance View Post
This thread was started asking for noflyzones return and I was stating the reasons he shouldn't return.

I am no longer a moderator there just to make sure we are on the same page, I stepped down when I felt like I wasn't able to devote enough time to the job to do it the proper way. The moderators of each forum were responsible to quickly scan all the new threads each day and take care of problems as they arose. There was also a report button like there is on RCG but it usually only got used to report spammers. Just having active moderation like that kept problems to a minimum because the members knew we were watching.

The moderators here waiting for somebody to click the report post button is a very poor system in my opinion. When the moderators are active members/posters in the forums you learn peoples posting style and learn how to spot the trouble makers quickly. Noflyzone is one of several members here that set off my trouble maker alarm from the first time I ever read one of their posts. Knowing someones posting style allows you to evaluate the post in the context that it was posted in. Any single post might not cross the line but a pattern emerges of people constantly getting little digs in on people here and there. Those are the posters that cause problems for everyone.

The LTUP forum basically wasn't moderated. The forum was opt in by request only and it had to be approved by one of the admins. We didn't allow adult photos if you know what I mean, or links to download illegal material. Other than that anything was fair game. If you wanted to call someone a stupid rotten miserable you could do it. That forum is way more civil than LTUP is here, it self moderated and the trolls got ran off in real short order.
Hance brings up a very good point. The reporting system here allows behavior like the subject of this post, and he is not the only one doing it now (or should I say did it). Users can harass and stalk other users on RCG for years and years without anything being done about it. That kind of behavior lessens the enjoyment of other users on RCG and it is a shame that it is allowed to continue.

It's easy to spot harassment like this as Hance mentioned above and easy to do something about it to keep the peace.

Hance had posted an excellent thread about that somewhere. Maybe I can dig it up. He made some great points that would have solved a lot of problems. I suspect NFZ would still be a member in good standing today if those principles were practiced.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 01:25 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,793 Posts
Frank, Hance posted it in SSC. It's all good to have ideas about how RCG should be moderated but it's up to the owners and Admins to decide how they want the place run. It's their house and we are guests.

I had some run ins with Chuck but at the end of the day we agreed to disagree and it never came to anythong more than that.

As you are well aware I don't agree with you on everything Frank, but it doesn't mean I have any issue with you other than to disagree.

Using an exclusion rule to bag someone out (other than to state fact) is simply poor form IMO. It does however show some peoples true colours.

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Feb 03, 2013, 09:31 AM
Joined Nov 2005
24,810 Posts
I totally agree about stating facts and not bad mouthing people and I'm glad you brought that up. Everyone has done a great job in simply presenting facts as facts and not letting their personal feelings get in the way and I applaud the folks in this thread for keeping it above board.

There was a time however that not all RCG members provided that same courtesy. It's good to see we are past that.

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 03, 2013, 12:43 PM
Suspended Account
Joined Dec 2010
353 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post
Hance brings up a very good point. The reporting system here allows behavior like the subject of this post, and he is not the only one doing it now (or should I say did it). Users can harass and stalk other users on RCG for years and years without anything being done about it. That kind of behavior lessens the enjoyment of other users on RCG and it is a shame that it is allowed to continue.

It's easy to spot harassment like this as Hance mentioned above and easy to do something about it to keep the peace.

Hance had posted an excellent thread about that somewhere. Maybe I can dig it up. He made some great points that would have solved a lot of problems. I suspect NFZ would still be a member in good standing today if those principles were practiced.

Frank
+ I sure know about getting stalked and harrased and how it is ignored by the Mods.
valanti256 is offline Find More Posts by valanti256
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:18 PM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post

I had some run ins with Chuck but at the end of the day we agreed to disagree and it never came to anythong more than that.
Would that be because of a unwritten courtesy between two individuals in the same line of work?
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Old Feb 04, 2013, 11:46 PM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,476 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
Would that be because of a unwritten courtesy between two individuals in the same line of work?
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:08 AM
Merry xmas
Australia, SA, Edinburgh
Joined Aug 2009
5,793 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metieval View Post
LOL.

Did Chuck work for a vendor?

Mark
KCV6 is online now Find More Posts by KCV6
Old Feb 05, 2013, 01:27 AM
Suspended Account
Ohio
Joined Aug 2008
1,288 Posts
I don't think vendors sell that.....

Some might, but the only people buying it are farmers and Timothy McVeigh types.
Metieval is offline Find More Posts by Metieval
Old Feb 10, 2013, 02:43 PM
Joined Nov 2005
24,810 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by valanti256 View Post
+ I sure know about getting stalked and harrased and how it is ignored by the Mods.
I'm sorry to hear about that happening to you. I know how it feels and it sucks.

May I suggest posting a thread in SSC and see if you can get it to stop? The only downside in doing that is that the person who is harassing you harass you even more, and his buddies will jump on the bandwagon and they will start as well.

So it really is a no win situation no matter how you handle it. But I know that you have to try something. I was told that RCG is supposed to be a site where everyone can enjoy being here, and we are all supposed to behave ourselves and get along. You would think that would be easy. RC is a noncompetitive hobby for 99% of users here. But sadly, hiding behind a PC screen seems to bring out the worst in people.

Good luck!

Frank
RCG Plus Member
Old Feb 10, 2013, 07:41 PM
Suspended Account
United States, CT, Hartford
Joined Jun 2009
5,336 Posts
That's funny stuff right there, but sage advice, as usual. Might want to clarify that though, posting a thread, or a thread every day or two? And even appealing someone elses appeal before it's even heard?

Don't know who stalked or harassed you but I doubt you followed that person (or his "buddies") around and tried to argue with them, or sent PM's to them after being told not to. Or better yet, disregard the mods direction and kept doing what they asked you to stop doing. There is a good chance if you spent years and years in one thread, posting the same material over and over, you're bound to find people who will disagree. Certainly not anything to lose sleep over. As always, the ignore button can be used too.

This is a fun hobby, and a great site overall, but at some point everyone needs to take responsibility for their own actions. Everyone.

Best of luck to all!
porcia83 is offline Find More Posts by porcia83
Old Feb 11, 2013, 05:59 AM
United States, FL, Masaryktown
Joined Jun 2008
741 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murocflyer View Post

Iím curious, what is considered harassment and stalking? Could it be posting off topic sarcastic comments in response to posts in threads? How about reposting profane off topic graphics in someoneís thread? Would repeated PMís of an accusatory nature be considered harassment? These are all reportable offenses that can be dealt with by the moderators so is it a matter of the amount of reported repeatable offenses that constitutes stalking? Are there any stats on RCG that show the amount of valid offenses that individuals have accumulated over the years?

Regards
Frank
phlpsfrnk is offline Find More Posts by phlpsfrnk
Old Feb 13, 2013, 12:53 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by phlpsfrnk View Post
rafe,
I agree. I will not speak to how he has interacted with me or others but I have found his how-to blogs to be well written and very informative.

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showp...14&postcount=1

Some people have axes to grind and cannot let it go.

Regards
Frank
yeah, we'll written by someone else. His 80% rule was pure plagiarism. The man is an idiot. He really hated me and stalked me all across rcg. I was over the moon when he got banned. The man is pure filth.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Last edited by Gerry__; Feb 13, 2013 at 11:30 AM.
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:01 AM
Bye Bye VP Aug 2010 - Aug 2012
United Kingdom, London
Joined Jan 2005
5,915 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by KCV6 View Post
Frank, Hance posted it in SSC. It's all good to have ideas about how RCG should be moderated but it's up to the owners and Admins to decide how they want the place run. It's their house and we are guests.

As you are well aware I don't agree with you on everything Frank, but it doesn't mean I have any issue with you other than to disagree.

Using an exclusion rule to bag someone out (other than to state fact) is simply poor form IMO. It does however show some peoples true colours.

Mark
Why would I agree to disagree with him regards aerodynamic? It would be like agreeing to disagree with 2+2 equalling 4. Chuck is an idiot, according to him you need to haves a physics degree to understand aerodynamics. And the way he used to creep up to FLies like A mut used to make me wanna puke.
Gerry__ is offline Find More Posts by Gerry__
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Foamie Resurrection
Old Feb 13, 2013, 01:46 AM
Expo is built into my thumbs
USA, ID, Niter
Joined Jul 2008
4,476 Posts
Looks like porcia83 is now perma banned. One more troll incessant pain in the ass gone.
Hance is offline Find More Posts by Hance
Closed Thread