Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Nov 27, 2012, 10:13 PM
Joined Sep 2002
1,051 Posts
Discussion
ANybody convert the Hobby People F-16 EDF to pusher?

I think that's what I am going to try and do. I picked up one sans electronics of any kind at the recent 30 dollar sale (they don't tell you that shipping is still a LOT), and anyhow, I think with a pusher prop on the back I can get better thrust to weight and much longer battery duration with less noise. If I don't like the results I'll just convert it back to EDF later. But if you've already tried this yourself, I'd love to hear from you about what works and doesn't work.

I was thinking about a short 3-blade prop so I could keep it closer to the end of the tail without hitting any control surfaces.
Aten W Arthog is offline Find More Posts by Aten W Arthog
to remove ads between posts
Old Nov 28, 2012, 08:10 AM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Not sure youll get the results your looking for. I have 3 of these, all edfs. Are you wanting to go fast or just toodle around slow? F16 isnt the greatest choice for slower flight. Either way its up to you. Most fans are noisy cause people dont balance them properly. If you want an easy 100mph setup for cheaper than 50, hobbypartz sells a detrum 70mm combo with fan motor esc and 4 servos. Good up to 5s. Not trying to deter you, but i just love the edf version of this one. My pusher prop jets are all just as loud as my edfs. The prop in slot ones are louder. What motor u wanting to run
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents
Last edited by stingeragents; Nov 28, 2012 at 08:19 AM.
Old Nov 28, 2012, 11:18 AM
Joined Sep 2002
1,051 Posts
I don't need blazing speed, or out of sight verticals. I prefer longer duration and a "reasonable" speed in the 50 mph type range, plus, with less all-up weight, landings and slow, high-alpha flight might be better. I prefer graceful cruising to max speed at all costs. My flight area is right between some nearby homes so I like to keep the noise down as well.
Aten W Arthog is offline Find More Posts by Aten W Arthog
Old Nov 28, 2012, 07:02 PM
Joined Jan 2011
1,062 Posts
Oh ok. Not sure how the 16 does in high alpha flight. As long as you got 1 to 1 thrust you might be all right. Id probably add ailerons though
stingeragents is offline Find More Posts by stingeragents