Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Sep 15, 2012, 09:59 AM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
Discussion
Flyline RC

Check out this new RC product, the planes are purpose-built for round-the-pole flying: http://www.flylinerc.com. It uses 1s rechargeable LiPos.

I saw a 2-plane set at Toys R Us, can't remember the exact price but I think it was around $70.

The controller definitely looks like Nine Eagles so I assume they are the actual manufacturer. The company doesn't look like it's affiliated with any other major toy company. I wonder who is producing/marketing this?
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
to remove ads between posts
Old Sep 15, 2012, 10:08 AM
RTF only for now!!!
Jacksonville, FL
Joined Mar 2007
332 Posts
Whoa, I just saw the single plane set on Amazon for $179.99.

I also found it on the TRU website for 89.99, so that may be what I saw in the store as well. Anyway, don't buy it from Amazon, go to TRU.
Greg_Vincent is offline Find More Posts by Greg_Vincent
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:47 PM
I am GBLynden
United States, WA, Lynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,494 Posts
How do they fly?
GBLynden is online now Find More Posts by GBLynden
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: UMX Pitts RC Plane Crash
Old Sep 15, 2012, 03:52 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by GBLynden View Post
How do they fly?
Around the pole!

Interesting idea. Brings back memories of the seventies, but i was standing inside the circle then.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Sep 17, 2012, 08:21 PM
USA, WA, Bremerton
Joined Mar 2009
936 Posts
I was wondering when someone was gonna post these up! This would be better than round the pole flying since there seems to be some kinda control other than throttle. The price is really steep for what these are. Yeah these are Nine Eagles alright. The video doesnot seem to show any actual flying other than standard commercial ad animation. The planes would be good to mod to regular rc if the price werent as steep as it is.
MUTCAKE is offline Find More Posts by MUTCAKE
Old Sep 19, 2012, 02:34 AM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
FlyLine

Gentlemen, thank you for your interest in our product. You are right, FlyLine is not affiliated to any of the major toy companies. We are an independent toy/hobby company out of Florida. Nine Eagles is our OEM manufacturer, but the invention, play pattern technology, plane designs and overall concepts is completely ours. For the benefit of our consumers, we are indeed using some of Nine Eagles's features such as the battery system and the detachable propellers, but we have enhanced the latter by using different props with different pitch and diameters in order to adjust plane speed for our Air Racing system. Regarding the price, please consider that it comes with a base (water reservoir), adjustable alluminum poles, 2 LiPo batteries for continuous play and other accessories such as spare props, streamers for ACTUAL mid air dogfights, and more! We also went though all the rigorous testing to make this a toy for 8+ besides being incredibly appealing to modelers given that it is hobby grade and it can be flown indoors as well as outdoors!! Plus we are running national TV. I am the owner and will be happy to answer any additional questions. We are developing amazing line extensions for 2013. This is only the begining!! Thanks again.
rdager is offline Find More Posts by rdager
Old Sep 19, 2012, 04:48 AM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,494 Posts
I have a question. Do you have video of these flying? Even after looking your website, I still have no clue as to what your product is or does. The cartoony images are not the best way to sell your product either. I am sure a graphics designer told you that it would look great like that, but it completely underminds anything that could be hobby quality. That is it for the free marketing consult.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 19, 2012, 07:24 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
FlyLine

Yes we do have many videos. We are in the process of uploading them. If you want, I can send some directly to you. Let me know where. I appreciate your feedback regarding the TVC. The CGI was modeled exactly from practical shots. We didn't use practical shots for those shots because of the speeds of our planes, specially since we needed to have close up shots of the planes slicing the streamers, the loops, etc. But we can show you less sophisticated videos of all the stunts and combats!!
Old Sep 19, 2012, 09:33 PM
Ken
Chicago
Joined Feb 2004
25 Posts
Rdager, congrats on getting your intriguing product to market, looks like it could be a lot of fun. I am curious about how easy this set is to fly, from the video it looks like it might be pretty easy to plow a plane into the ground/floor, and mid-air crashes look like a real possibility too.
Also, how did you solve the problem of preventing the lines from getting tangled?
--Ken
FlugTag is offline Find More Posts by FlugTag
Old Sep 20, 2012, 09:32 PM
I am GBLynden
Joined Mar 2011
2,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by rdager View Post
Yes we do have many videos. We are in the process of uploading them. If you want, I can send some directly to you. Let me know where. I appreciate your feedback regarding the TVC. The CGI was modeled exactly from practical shots. We didn't use practical shots for those shots because of the speeds of our planes, specially since we needed to have close up shots of the planes slicing the streamers, the loops, etc. But we can show you less sophisticated videos of all the stunts and combats!!
Please PM them to me on here or PM me for my personal e-mail address
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 23, 2012, 08:12 PM
Joined Sep 2012
4 Posts
FlyLine

Ken, it is very easy to fly (two channels: elevator and throttle. No ailerons, flaps or rudder to control. the rudder is fixed to the right a few degrees). But it is also very challenging to master (in terms of being able to do loops, knife edge flight, inverted flight, and much more). You can do pretty much all the maneuvers, stunts, battling and team racing that you can do in control line flight, but without having to be in the center of the circle, and now you control it from your remote. Of course planes can plow into the ground, but they have been designed in a compact way to resist impact as much as possible (you can see they are semi scale planes and this is for many aerodynamic, safety and durability reasons). The prop pops off also upon contact for safety and to avoid damage to the motor. The solution to the lines is amazing. I would need illustrations to explain it here but I assure they don't tangle! Guys, go ahead and get one these and you will see how much fun it is!!!
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:14 PM
Joined Nov 2008
464 Posts
In another word, this plane can only fly circle?

Edmond
Edmond Y is offline Find More Posts by Edmond Y
Old Sep 24, 2012, 07:19 PM
Joined Aug 2012
342 Posts
My first powered model also only flew in a circle. It was a non-radio-controlled 1-channel nitro plane.
Matt Ls Thumbs is offline Find More Posts by Matt Ls Thumbs
Old Sep 26, 2012, 04:55 PM
Beaumont tx
Joined Oct 2004
3,730 Posts
Way to go, Matt. Hadn't thought of it exactly that way, but that's right. And no frequency hassles (I go back to the colored ribbons of pre-1988 or so).

It's SOOOOOO simple nowadays. All you need is money. ;}>>

howell
gwinhh is offline Find More Posts by gwinhh
Old Sep 27, 2012, 09:37 PM
Ft Lauderdale, FL.
Joined Jan 2007
2,205 Posts
What is taking so long for videos of these things??
Machy2k is offline Find More Posts by Machy2k