HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Jun 19, 2004, 08:03 PM
Riverview, FL
Joined Dec 2002
1,497 Posts
3 things i learned today...

havent flown in several weeks and learned 3 things today.

1. when you launch your switchback (2s lipo/ gws 350C motor) by tossing it vertical, your heart rate will jump considerably until the moment levels out for flight.

2. when you fly in the evening, and the lighting isnt so good, and youre performing aerobatics, it is a good idea to have a little altitude. (you would have thought i would have learned when i crashed a few months ago doing this)

3. want to know the most stupid way to break a prop?? once you land and you decide to drive your plane on the ground back to the car (grassy field) - run into a weed.

no crashing resulted from any event listed above. and besides these things, boy did i miss flying
nose_first is offline Find More Posts by nose_first
to remove ads between posts
Old Jun 20, 2004, 02:11 AM
It'll work this time!
Deep in the heart of Texas
Joined May 2003
733 Posts
Hmm... How about:

1) When a bug decides to buzz around your eyes while you're flying, LAND - then worry about the bug.

(mangled Spitfire)

2) After mangling your plane, when you go to fly your next one, remember to update the model selection.

(Luckily, didn't mangle D-VII)

3) When flying in a park where they need to mow badly, wear insect repellent...

(Dang chiggers!)

Either way, I had some fun today, and now I have an excuse to build another Corsair. Yay!

Actually, the Spitfire could be fixed, but, well, it's lived a long life (8 months) and it's time for something new.

Sheesh,
Chris
The Commodore is offline Find More Posts by The Commodore
Old Jun 20, 2004, 05:58 PM
Riverview, FL
Joined Dec 2002
1,497 Posts
well thats the great thing - not all that much money for a new plane (if you dont need the radio gear).

p.s. - i also learned the thing about bugs living in florida - whe you fly near water and the winds die down in the evening - out come the blood sucking mosquitoes.maybe thats why i dont mine a *little* wind in the evenings
nose_first is offline Find More Posts by nose_first
Old Jun 21, 2004, 10:49 AM
Scranton, PA
Joined Mar 2004
37 Posts
When you decide to use a small screw to hold your GWS EPS motor on the stick rather than the hot melt glue you have used for months, make sure you put the screw in before launching out over a lake.

Motor pulled off but I was able to glide in with it hanging by it's wire. I never had a water landing before, it was fun! I was so close to the dock too, just three more feet and it would have made it.

Fortunately everything dried out and to my amazement is working!
ReptarO is offline Find More Posts by ReptarO