HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:42 PM
United States, CA, Sebastopol
Joined Dec 2010
6,868 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtwargo View Post
JUst for the record guys... I was just sent a 48 inch superlight edge.. It is being built right now. I should have a video by the end of the week. So for all those interested in its performance...
Who makes it? Is it another HK?
erkq is online now Find More Posts by erkq
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:49 PM
3D Wannabe
United States, NJ, Mendham Township
Joined Jul 2011
794 Posts
Too late, Michael, I already ordered a Slick. With the servos Steve recommended.

Steve (JetPlaneFlyer), I'd be interested in knowing what and where you reinforced.

And I will hold you all personally responsible if it doesn't work out. No, of course I won't! I love the advice you guys are dispensing.
NJSwede is offline Find More Posts by NJSwede
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:51 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
JUst for the record guys... I was just sent a 48 inch superlight edge.. It is being built right now. I should have a video by the end of the week. So for all those interested in its performance...
So which one is it Michael?

Is it the one with the curved up wing tips as in; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%5FARF%5F.html
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:52 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Got home from Vegas and started the assembly. So far the only hiccups were: (1) wing tabs to the fuse. Both holes were off so I had to enlogated the holes to so they line up with the blind nuts, and (2) one of the four servos stuck solid. Upon opening of the case, I discovered one of the gear broke or the two pieces of a gear came apart. No big deal as I decided to use the 5065MGs for the ail and delegated the 2216MG to the elev and rudd.

... and dummie me, I forgot to add the motor mount when I purchased the HK Slick so now I'm waiting for it to come.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Mar 11, 2012, 06:56 PM
Just flitting about!!
Joined Aug 2011
2,637 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by chopper62 View Post
Got home from Vegas and started the assembly. So far the only hiccups were: (1) wing tabs to the fuse. Both holes were off so I had to enlogated the holes to so they line up with the blind nuts, and (2) one of the four servos stuck solid. Upon opening of the case, I discovered one of the gear broke or the two pieces of a gear came apart. No big deal as I decided to use the 5065MGs for the ail and delegated the 2216MG to the elev and rudd.

... and dummie me, I forgot to add the motor mount when I purchased the HK Slick so now I'm waiting for it to come.
Chopper, for the wings, the covering where they insert is supposed to be cut off to create an elongated opening and the wing drops into the recess. I had the same issue at the start with the blind nut not lining up, after cutting the covering away the wings slot right in.

What motor mount are you referring to? Is it the cross mount for a NTM motor or something?
bigroger is offline Find More Posts by bigroger
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:27 PM
PA Team Pilot
United States, FL, Orlando
Joined Oct 2008
1,327 Posts
This one....
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%5FKit%5F.html
mtwargo is offline Find More Posts by mtwargo
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:40 PM
Joined Apr 2008
1,579 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
Chopper, for the wings, the covering where they insert is supposed to be cut off to create an elongated opening and the wing drops into the recess. I had the same issue at the start with the blind nut not lining up, after cutting the covering away the wings slot right in.

What motor mount are you referring to? Is it the cross mount for a NTM motor or something?
Oops! Yes ... I can feel the recess. Turnigy motor. Thanks.
chopper62 is offline Find More Posts by chopper62
Old Mar 11, 2012, 07:43 PM
Chillin till SEFF
Warner Robins, GA
Joined Aug 2003
14,616 Posts
Quote:
Standing by on that one cuz. I ain't got no Edge action
bildo baggins is offline Find More Posts by bildo baggins
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:05 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,143 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigroger View Post
So which one is it Michael?

Is it the one with the curved up wing tips as in; http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s...%5FARF%5F.html
Quote:
Wow 100 grams lighter than the previous one with a larger wingspan. Maybe juuust maybe.
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:06 PM
Team Twisted!
United States, CA, Hercules
Joined Dec 2011
4,143 Posts
/\/\ and you can get it from the US warehouse
hone1er is online now Find More Posts by hone1er
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
Sippin the Koolaid!
United States, NC, Hertford
Joined Oct 2007
16,394 Posts
flat tail surfaces though thats why I like this slick "airfoiled"
losifanatic is offline Find More Posts by losifanatic
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:08 PM
Burke, VA
Joined Sep 2009
4,855 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bonner View Post
Don't know why the the extension arms are so curved. The servos are at their center point in the pictures. Hate to change the servos travel with sub trim or by moving the the arm a couple of clicks just to center the end of the arm. That would restrict the travel of the servo in one direction. Oh well, we will figure it out.
The shape of the arm has no bearing on the servo travel, only the position of the linkage hole in relation to the output shaft. Just imagine a straight line from the shaft to the hole, this is the length of the moment arm in relation to the amount of force the servo can exert on the linkage. At neutral the position of the linkage along with the connecting rod should make a right angle to the servo output shaft. I don't know if I'm explaining this very clearly, if I could draw you a picture you would see what I'm saying and would understand why the shape of the arm dosn't matter, only the position of the hole for the linkage in relation to the output shaft and horn on the control surface. Picture this, if you drew lines from the output shaft to the hole in the end of the servo arm, from the hole in the servo arm to the hole in the control horn, and then from the hole in the control horn back to the servo output shaft this shape should be a right triangle where the right angle is at the hole in the end of the servo arm.
jetinteriorguy is offline Find More Posts by jetinteriorguy
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:09 PM
They Call him Dead!
United States, SC, Pawleys Island
Joined Jul 2003
6,506 Posts
Micheal, you starting a thread on that Edge?
YellowJacketsRC is offline Find More Posts by YellowJacketsRC
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:27 PM
USA, VA, Fort Belvoir
Joined Jun 2008
430 Posts
I think HK really needs to add some quick release wing nuts. BTW, how is there a limit to how many planes can fit in an SUV?
wblacker is offline Find More Posts by wblacker
Old Mar 11, 2012, 08:38 PM
3D Wannabe
United States, NJ, Mendham Township
Joined Jul 2011
794 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by wblacker View Post
I think HK really needs to add some quick release wing nuts. BTW, how is there a limit to how many planes can fit in an SUV?
I just showed that picture to my wife and told her "Look, honey! It could be soooo much worse!"
NJSwede is offline Find More Posts by NJSwede