Espritmodel.com Telemetry Radio
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:10 PM
Joined Jun 2006
51 Posts
Well I flew the 71" again today. It is very addictive to fly and I really enjoy it. The Hacker A60-6xs is just GUTLESS at 8000 ft though. Im running 6s 5300 65c. Ive tried about every prop combo I can except a 21x11 which aeromodel suggested and Ill try soon. Im wondering if anyone is running 8s or 12s on this plane that can compare it to 6s for me. I like to abuse my aiframes and fling em around a bit. With this setup I can barely get a full snap roll out of it unless its on a downline. Pop tops are non-existant. Im sure some of you cheaters (ahem) I mean low altitude guys get lots of power from the hacker, but up here I need more Scotty! (sorry steve for the hacker blasphemy).
Maxmannnn is offline Find More Posts by Maxmannnn
to remove ads between posts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:16 PM
Barefoot Birkinsomething
United States, KS, Overland Park
Joined Aug 2004
9,277 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxmannnn View Post
Well I flew the 71" again today. It is very addictive to fly and I really enjoy it. The Hacker A60-6xs is just GUTLESS at 8000 ft though. Im running 6s 5300 65c. Ive tried about every prop combo I can except a 21x11 which aeromodel suggested and Ill try soon. Im wondering if anyone is running 8s or 12s on this plane that can compare it to 6s for me. I like to abuse my aiframes and fling em around a bit. With this setup I can barely get a full snap roll out of it unless its on a downline. Pop tops are non-existant. Im sure some of you cheaters (ahem) I mean low altitude guys get lots of power from the hacker, but up here I need more Scotty! (sorry steve for the hacker blasphemy).
i think closer to sea level people are running 8s on it with an 18x8, whatever that ends up meaning for you at high altitude
rcbirk21 is offline Find More Posts by rcbirk21
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Joe's Battery Contraption
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:17 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,248 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansifsof44 View Post
Inverted...How many charges?
what do you mean?
on the marine or how many charges do I do at the field?
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:22 PM
United States, AK, Anchorage
Joined Oct 2011
4,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
what do you mean?
on the marine or how many charges do I do at the field?
I see your charging 6s 2500-3300 two at a time... How many charges are you getting out of one deep cycle batt charge?
bryansifsof44 is offline Find More Posts by bryansifsof44
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: Weights for planes
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:24 PM
I fly, therefore, I crash!!!
San Jose, CA
Joined Jan 2008
25,842 Posts
Quote:
No problem, if it isn't working for you, it isn't...but as some guys like a larger prop on the motor at sea level, I would really bet that an even larger prop is going to work better at 8000 feet....

SteveT.
SteveT. is online now Find More Posts by SteveT.
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: My hangar...
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:31 PM
Joined Jun 2006
51 Posts
i wonder if I could run a 4s 4000 mah and a 4s 3850 mah to get 8s? They are both 65c gens ace.
Maxmannnn is offline Find More Posts by Maxmannnn
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:40 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,415 Posts
Quote:
I run 12S on my 4330-216 and the power is on a whole different level then partner with his 4325-380 on 6s. To get the same power I get with my 12s setup a 6s would peak at about 140 amps. To be fair... the 4325 is smaller and not capable of the power of the 4330, but even with the 4330 I wouldn't dare put any ware close to 140 amps through it. My power system settles in at about 2800 watts which is still over 125 amps for a 6s setup.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:41 PM
inverted-i-fly
United States, CA, Petaluma
Joined Mar 2011
4,248 Posts
Quote:
I see your charging 6s 2500-3300 two at a time... How many charges are you getting out of one deep cycle batt charge?
still in the testing stages, but the most I have done so far in one day was 8 2500 6s, 4 2200 4s and 8 2200 3s , when I got home the battery was at 60%.

I figure I can buy two 5300mah glacier batteries for my 74 edge and fly 6-8 flights per day without stressing the deep cycle..........that is the plan.

For those of you with larger diesel trucks (two batteries) and tow hitches, my friend just made a plug that connects to his trailer connect and he can charge off of that no problem, but I have a small pickup and I only drive a few miles to my field and don't want to risk a dead battery on the way home
3drcparts is online now Find More Posts by 3drcparts
Old Jan 19, 2013, 11:49 PM
Joined Oct 2011
4,415 Posts
I have to keep my batts warm in the winter... So my truck runs off and on throughout the day flying. I wired in a 6 gauge charging wires into the cab that I could hook my two chargers up to. Just have to make sure you don't let charger go for longer then a few minutes without engine running. The highest I have tried on the setup is 15 amp 6s charge and works great. For the summer I got a quiet 4 stroke 2KW to run the PSs. However, most the time I bring the batts to the field charged and only have to do a few charges to make it it through the day.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:36 AM
United States, SC, Simpsonville
Joined Aug 2011
173 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hertzrepkeith View Post
Yes I tuned the engine. I never even flew it. I was running the first tank of fuel on the ground. Engine is running great. Instantly right when I flip the plane over it dies instantly!
check all your ignition wires closely, especially if any of those wires move when you turn it over.
RFairbairn is online now Find More Posts by RFairbairn
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:53 AM
Epoxy & CA Investor
United States, CO, Denver
Joined May 2010
2,566 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Inverted-I-Fly View Post
still in the testing stages, but the most I have done so far in one day was 8 2500 6s, 4 2200 4s and 8 2200 3s , when I got home the battery was at 60%.

I figure I can buy two 5300mah glacier batteries for my 74 edge and fly 6-8 flights per day without stressing the deep cycle..........that is the plan.

For those of you with larger diesel trucks (two batteries) and tow hitches, my friend just made a plug that connects to his trailer connect and he can charge off of that no problem, but I have a small pickup and I only drive a few miles to my field and don't want to risk a dead battery on the way home
what do you use to recharge the deep cycle after a day's outing?
DenverJayhawk is online now Find More Posts by DenverJayhawk
Old Jan 20, 2013, 12:57 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,061 Posts
That is a thought!

I have all the wires pretty tighty, but I will take a look and see if that plays into anything. I have a question about charging a 6 Cell Glacier Pack 5300MaH. What is the max amp that I can charge one of them at? (That is healthy for the battery.)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RFairbairn View Post
check all your ignition wires closely, especially if any of those wires move when you turn it over.
hertzrepkeith is online now Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:08 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,415 Posts
Quote:
I have all the wires pretty tighty, but I will take a look and see if that plays into anything. I have a question about charging a 6 Cell Glacier Pack 5300MaH. What is the max amp that I can charge one of them at? (That is healthy for the battery.)
They are rated a 5C, so 5.3Ah X 5C = 26.5A. Even though they are rated at 5C the most I put my batts through is 3C, but lots of 5C charging going on.
RCG Plus Member
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:13 AM
United States, CA, Hughson
Joined Jan 2012
1,061 Posts
That is good to know! I got this new Dynamite Passport Duo Charger and at 1C on this 6Cell Battery I can charge it in about 35 Min. If I charge it at 3C will I be able to charge 3x Quicker? (Sorry for the questions I just am still learning about this stuff.
Quote:
They are rated a 5C, so 5.3Ah X 5C = 26.5A. Even though they are rated at 5C the most I put my batts through is 3C, but lots of 5C charging going on.
hertzrepkeith is online now Find More Posts by hertzrepkeith
Old Jan 20, 2013, 01:18 AM
Joined Oct 2011
4,415 Posts
Quote:
That is good to know! I got this new Dynamite Passport Duo Charger and at 1C on this 6Cell Battery I can charge it in about 35 Min. If I charge it at 3C will I be able to charge 3x Quicker? (Sorry for the questions I just am still learning about this stuff.
Yes... 3 times faster.
RCG Plus Member