SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Apr 24, 2012, 03:56 AM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
...i did!

However ready again!
ask21! is offline Find More Posts by ask21!
to remove ads between posts
Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:21 AM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
I'm having a lot of fun with this cub. It has been a year of flying now.
Here are some pics for you.

Old Dec 31, 2012, 10:52 AM
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Awesome pix! Is these pictures taken with gopro? What is the best way to mount the camera without to much vibration ?
Mrj3cub is offline Find More Posts by Mrj3cub
Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:04 AM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrj3cub View Post
Awesome pix! Is these pictures taken with gopro? What is the best way to mount the camera without to much vibration ?
Gopro or not, the best way is to have a really well balanced prop.
Once you do this, a bit of velcro will kill the remaining of the vibration. Also you can add some sponge...but you need to balance your prop very well first.

I use a "squared omega" mount made in aluminium thk .030 as large as the go pro side.

Looks like this:

Old Dec 31, 2012, 11:34 AM
Joined Nov 2011
123 Posts
Thanks, will try this !
Mrj3cub is offline Find More Posts by Mrj3cub
Old Dec 31, 2012, 02:11 PM
Be here now!
Rome,Ciampino
Joined Jan 2008
172 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by ask21! View Post
Ok, I did it!
iMaidened it in Saturday.

I was worried about CG location and the big amount of wheight to add on the nose. But I was wrong, as the indicated cg is too much forward.

However, Dle took just two pull on the propr to start, it was running even if the air was closed
After the routine controls on the surface movement and motor thrust (or trust?!?) i rolled to the strip. The baloon 5,5" sized dubro wheel are fantastic. They roll well even if the terrain is full of holes.

On the rwy, with 1/3 gas the plane accelerate smoothly and take off in less than 10 mts.
The flight doesn't require any trim correction, neither with extended flaps.

I'm very happy with this Super Cub, it's very agile in the air. It can fly as slow as a walking man. It's fantastic to see a big airplane to fly that way.

5 Stars, but not for the plastic clevis in the box.
I discovered a really intresting thing that I didn't know about gasser engine!!! On the other hand it is my first one

The engine will start also with pulled air because those kind of carburettor were made specifically for mower. Using this kind of machine, it is easier to pull air, start the engine and than with just a pull on the gas lever the air will release itself. This happens because on the gas horn there is a prominence that will bump back the air lever wich is a snap tipe one.

I'm sure you know that yet. But when i discovered this I was totally dazzled!!!

Stefano