SMALL - espritmodel.com SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Mar 30, 2015, 10:34 AM
Australia
Joined Nov 2009
222 Posts
my latest video from my vector equipped quad. loving the retracts now clean 360 pans from the gimbal
basin (2 min 52 sec)
custards1 is offline Find More Posts by custards1
to remove ads between posts
Old Mar 30, 2015, 04:17 PM
Joined Feb 2015
14 Posts
Is there anybody out there using the DX6i radio with the vector on a quad?
Bobuilt01 is offline Find More Posts by Bobuilt01
Old Mar 30, 2015, 04:55 PM
United Kingdom, Scotland, Aberdeen
Joined Mar 2010
877 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by custards1 View Post
my latest video from my vector equipped quad. loving the retracts now clean 360 pans from the gimbal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wHan...ature=youtu.be

Very nice Marty
NEAGRON is offline Find More Posts by NEAGRON
Old Mar 30, 2015, 05:08 PM
Joined Dec 2013
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobuilt01 View Post
Is there anybody out there using the DX6i radio with the vector on a quad?
I have. Why you trying to figure out how to get more modes? I set it up so I had 2D hold, 2d no hold, Loiter and RTH. Involed using 3 switches. Mode, mix and flaps. 2D hold and no hold on mode switch, loiter on mix and RTH on flaps. All 3 towards me was RTH..simplified as I could think to make it. Might be a easier/better way but it worked just fine. I still have it if you need to settings.
HIGHOCTANE32 is offline Find More Posts by HIGHOCTANE32
Last edited by HIGHOCTANE32; Mar 30, 2015 at 05:14 PM.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:01 PM
Joined Feb 2015
14 Posts
Yes I sure could use some help. Lets chat Please
Old Mar 30, 2015, 07:21 PM
Joined Feb 2015
14 Posts
yes please. Lets chat.
Old Mar 30, 2015, 08:04 PM
Joined Dec 2013
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobuilt01 View Post
yes please. Lets chat.
The DX6i is at my shop, I'll get the settings off of it tomorrow. I had them written down..but I guess I tossed the paper. I Responded to your PM also.
Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,178 Posts
I am wanting to take some performance measurements on my tricopter with different props, batteries and prop loading. One thing I wanted to measure was top speed. To make the test repeatable I was thinking of setting the RTH speed high and let the vector find the top speed of the Tri. Never tried to get the vector to achieve and unattainable speed. Anyone see a problem with this.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM
United States, CA, Pleasanton
Joined Feb 2013
1,667 Posts
Won't it just fly into the ground when it can't maintain the altitude? My vector definitely loses altitude if I pitch it forward too far.
Noircogi is online now Find More Posts by Noircogi
Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
Joined Dec 2013
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petrie View Post
I am wanting to take some performance measurements on my tricopter with different props, batteries and prop loading. One thing I wanted to measure was top speed. To make the test repeatable I was thinking of setting the RTH speed high and let the vector find the top speed of the Tri. Never tried to get the vector to achieve and unattainable speed. Anyone see a problem with this.
Sounds like a bad idea to me on multiple levels lol..for starters what if something happenes and you really need to use RTH? Do you really want it to come screaming in a max speed? Why not just fly it and review the logs after the fact if you are worried about not being able to monitor the GPS speed while flying max blast?
Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM
Joined Dec 2013
591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Noircogi View Post
Won't it just fly into the ground when it can't maintain the altitude? My vector definitely loses altitude if I pitch it forward too far.
I would hope the vector would choose the fly home alt over the speed..but like I said above..trying to do this is likely a bad idea. Let us inow how it works out if you try it. Personally Id just fly and look at the logs for the data.
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM
United States, AR, Lockesburg
Joined Feb 2012
1,178 Posts
Your right the logs sound like a much safer plan. However, I was planning to do it all LOS. Someday might have to try it anyway now to see who can fly it faster.
Petrie is online now Find More Posts by Petrie
Old Yesterday, 10:36 PM
United States, CA, Riverside
Joined Feb 2012
1,108 Posts
will the vector work with ppm on the range link , is there a difference between sppm and ppm ?

also is there a way on V tail setup to have the ailerons connected to the vector so that a Y harness is not needed and thus the ability to program flaps in the radio ?
quadcopter007fpv is online now Find More Posts by quadcopter007fpv
Old Yesterday, 11:30 PM
It's Just a Hobby!
Joined May 2012
1,054 Posts
First Quad Setup with Vector

I am setting up my first quad copter with Vector.This Quad previously had an APM 2.5 and I am replacing it with the Vector. I have a couple of questions....(oh yea I changed the motor number assignments from the APM setup)

1. How should I set up my Mode switches? I have two switches and am going to try to see if I can set up a third switch on my er9x transmitter. With the two switches now I have setup the three way switch as main Mode switch and the Aux switch (2 pos switch). I have them set as follows:

(3 way)
3= 2D + sub
2= 2DH
1= 2D

(2 way)
2= RTH Test or Loiter (depends on 3rd switch setup)

1 = loiter or Polar Mode (same as above)

Switch 3 (if I can figure it out)

2=RTH test

1= not used

The plan as I see it.

Take off with both switches down (pos 1) and after establishing steady flight I can switch the 3 way up to pos 2 and have 2DH. If I go to position 3 it will be Loiter with the sub mode still down and if I need RTH test I can switch both switches up.

I am going to try to figure out how to move the RTH Test to a third switch, the throttle cut switch and make it so I have to turn that switch to the Up position for RTH Test and maybe set up the other position to Polar. Or I could also setup the third switch to RTH Test and Not Used for the other position and make the Aux switch Loiter and Polar. That would make that switch like a dedicated RTH Test switch with Mode switch in 2D + Sub.

There seem to be many ways to do this and all I want to do first is get the thing to fly normally.

This is on a F450 Quad with NTM 28-30 800kv motors and Simon K 30 amp ESCs. FrSky X8R rcvr and er9x running on a 9x transmitter.

Sudsy

Sudsy is online now Find More Posts by Sudsy