SMALL - Telemetry SMALL - Radio
Old Jul 08, 2015, 03:25 PM
Find More Posts by tpsmith
Joined Apr 2013
37 Posts
Question
RC832 and video out inconsistancy

I've been using a RC832 receiver for a while with HobbyKing Quanum v1 goggles, with no problems, but the other day while doing some testing, I tried to hook it up to my computer monitor (which has a composite video input) and I got no signal. I then tried with my LCD TV, and same result; nothing. Switching back to the goggles, and I had video again.

Not really sure what to make of this, so I ask if anyone has any ideas what might be the problem here? The cameras I've used are all configured for NTSC video, and plugging them in to the TV shows a live feed, so I don't think that the source is the issue.

I appreciate whatever suggestions the community in general has to offer. Thanks

Tom
tpsmith is online now Find More Posts by tpsmith
Last edited by tpsmith; Jul 09, 2015 at 07:14 PM.
to remove ads between posts
Old Jul 14, 2015, 11:33 AM
Joined Apr 2013
37 Posts
bump

Nobody?
Old Jul 27, 2015, 01:06 AM
Joined Apr 2013
37 Posts
So I found this - http://www.reddit.com/r/Multicopter/...832_i_want_to/ - which led me to my answer. The output cables are only wired to carry signal; the RC832 doesn't appear to have ground connected. Therefore, the quanum goggles connected to the same battery as the receiver were essentially sharing a ground and the signal showed on the screen. The TV and the monitor showed nothing as they were not connected to any ground and the video circuit was broken.

I opened up the case for the receiver and rewired one of the two outputs to include signal and ground (via a servo connector) and look and behold, I was able to get video on all my screens!

Perhaps this was obvious to some out there, but it was wasn't to me, and therefore I assume, someone else might be similarly troubled by the same thing some day. For them, I hope this helps
Old Aug 18, 2015, 09:07 AM
Find More Posts by 6KillaBC
DareDevil
Australia, VIC, Windsor
Joined Jul 2015
371 Posts
I was just about ready to throw these goggles and receiver in the trash, but after reading this i'll just get another receiver. Nice work on getting that receiver to work.
6KillaBC is offline Find More Posts by 6KillaBC