New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 17, 2015, 02:08 PM
Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
United States, OK, Oklahoma City
Joined Jul 2014
264 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by kodak_jack View Post
I had a full canopy on a simple Esky Lama 4. Any time you wanted to do ANYTHING on that heli, you had to remove the blades so you could take off the canopy to make a simple adjustment = PITA!! And yes, you had to peek here and there to see if it was bound and ready.
I'm pretty good with soldering surface-mount stuff. I could probably tap the board and run an external L.E.D. if I had to.
bvrrocks5150 is offline Find More Posts by bvrrocks5150
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 17, 2015, 02:10 PM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
13,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Atkins View Post
I don't understand the negativity. R/C helicopters in general are a PITA, but that doesn't stop me from owning over 30 of them. Some are scale, some semi-scale, some are pod-and-boom. I enjoy modifying and tinkering with them. It's a HOBBY, not a vocation.

JMHO,

Tim
Hi Tim, Please don't get me wrong. As I said, a lot of people enjoy their scale models. Actually, I enjoy looking at them and watching them fly. Some are very cool

I think what I was trying to say that for me it would be a PITA. I like to tinker too but, for me there's a limit. I'm sure you take great satisfaction in doing this...as it should

I was just trying to tip you off that scale canopies can be a PITA working with but obviously you know this.

I'm still looking forward to some pics and maybe a vid from you.

Seriously Man, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I hope we are good?

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 17, 2015, 03:32 PM
Find More Posts by Mr.Atkins
United States, WV, Charleston
Joined Jan 2014
401 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chap1012 View Post
Hi Tim, Please don't get me wrong. As I said, a lot of people enjoy their scale models. Actually, I enjoy looking at them and watching them fly. Some are very cool

I think what I was trying to say that for me it would be a PITA. I like to tinker too but, for me there's a limit. I'm sure you take great satisfaction in doing this...as it should

I was just trying to tip you off that scale canopies can be a PITA working with but obviously you know this.

I'm still looking forward to some pics and maybe a vid from you.

Seriously Man, I didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. I hope we are good?

Mike.
We're cool.

Tim
Mr.Atkins is offline Find More Posts by Mr.Atkins
Old Aug 17, 2015, 03:36 PM
Find More Posts by Chap1012
Epilepsy Awareness
United States, MA, Malden
Joined Mar 2008
13,724 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Atkins View Post
We're cool.

Tim
Back at ya

Mike.
Chap1012 is offline Find More Posts by Chap1012
Old Aug 22, 2015, 10:55 PM
Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14
United States, OR, Corvallis
Joined May 2014
1,676 Posts
Finally cleaned my servos today, so I could get this heli back in the air Little rusty on the sticks, but this heli makes it easy. Easy that is until your tail boom pops out of the socket I repaired my tailboom in the past, so it doesn't fit as nicely into the little socket hole, and occasionally can pop out. I applied super glue this time, and if my fingers are any indication, hopefully it will stay put longer.
HeliFlyer14 is offline Find More Posts by HeliFlyer14