HobbyKing.com New Products Flash Sale
Old Aug 02, 2012, 04:50 PM
Electric Coolhunter
United States, TX, Fort Worth
Joined Jun 2000
14,591 Posts
Discussion
Noticable improvements in Banana Hobby customer service.

I have recently had to get some missing and defective parts replaced by Banana Hobby on a Skymax A-1 and a Freewing Su-35.

I have to say that they are doing a perceptably better job with customer service as far as my experience is concerned.

The A-1 parts took about two weeks to get to me...Horizon and Great Planes have both done better and worse than that on replacement parts.

The Su-35 parts took about 3 weeks, but there was an ongoing exchange about the exact identification of one of the parts that delayed things some.

The A-1 issue was handled here in the forum and the Su-35 issue was handled via PM here on RCG and was not posted here in the public forum.

BH certainly has room for improvement in customer service, but I can see that they are doing better than they used to. I have at least 8 models from BH and I am happy with the quality and performance for the price in each case.

I think communicating with the BH CSRs directly via PM here on RC Groups or by posting here in the BH forum is far more effective than email or telephone support and they do seriously need some improvement in support in those areas.

Problems that get posted publicly in this forum in a clear and businesslike manner do get attention and appear to get handled in a timely way and get the best results for their customer. also, it appears that they are also doing well with private messages here on RCG without having to post in the forum. Now, if BH can start doing equally well with non RCG members via the more normal channels of email and telephone, the improvements will get noticed.
Thomas B is offline Find More Posts by Thomas B
RCG Plus Member
Latest blog entry: 2014 events and travel
to remove ads between posts
Old Aug 03, 2012, 11:46 AM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Thomas! Thanks for the feedback! The fellow techs and CSRs here at Banana Hobby always strive for betterment day in and day out! Happy landings this fine weekend! -Seba
Sebastian_BHcsr is offline Find More Posts by Sebastian_BHcsr
Old Aug 06, 2012, 01:20 AM
Jacksonville, Fl.
Joined Jan 2010
981 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebastian_BHcsr View Post
Hi Thomas! Thanks for the feedback! The fellow techs and CSRs here at Banana Hobby always strive for betterment day in and day out! Happy landings this fine weekend! -Seba
What a load of crap!. After three years I decided to take a chance on BH one more time. I purchased the FMS BF109 and it came with a bad esc. Brought this up on y'alls facebook page July 4th. July 5th someone named Bailey promised me an e-mail notification and tracking number for a new esc. Shame on me for actually expecting this to be the truth. So much for trying to save a couple of bucks, since I ended up having to purchase an esc so I could fly this bird. It is apparent to me that BH's customer service has not improved one whit. It is still in the toilet. I belive the reason you provide such good prices for some of your products is because you have no intention of providing any kind of consistent support thus saving yourselves money at the customers expense. Your dishonesty has put BH back on my no-buy list. This time for ever.
Strongbow is offline Find More Posts by Strongbow
Old Aug 06, 2012, 02:03 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Strongbow! Having checked the original FB post and the warehouse, it appears that we have been awaiting for our new shipment of FMS 65A ESCs to arrive in order to fulfill your replacement order. Rest assured, your ESC will certainly get processed and shipped as soon as possible. I do apologize for the delay, and would like to thank you for your patience and understanding! -Seba
Old Aug 06, 2012, 07:49 PM
United States, FL, Valrico
Joined Nov 2010
137 Posts
BH cust svc berry, berry good to me!

Just want to point to the facts. BH cust svc is a bit slow but I was much impressed with the way they handled my recent claim on my LX A-10 when my wings were ruined by glue marks. Albeit it took just under two weeks to get the new wing, it did come very well packaged and in perfect condition. Also when I recently made two purchases in two days I asked in the notes section for the orders to be combined and it was....no questions asked. Thanks for the super support BH!
buffetbob is offline Find More Posts by buffetbob
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 07, 2012, 11:24 AM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,591 Posts
My understanding is that replacement parts orders get somewhat lower priority than new orders. The notes I get say 5-7 working days for the parts to ship. It would be great if BH could prioritize replacement parts orders for defective or missing parts so that they have the same priority as new orders...1-3 business days.

I have a feeling that some of the delay is due to them having to remove replacement parts from kits and this takes someone with some extra knowledge and skills above putting a label on a kit box and shipping it out.

In any case, I still see evidence, in my case and others, that BH is doing better in this area.
RCG Plus Member
Old Aug 18, 2012, 09:11 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Problem maybe Rectified Thanks BananaHobby finally!

Hopefully problem will be solved ....Glenn Pall
GPall is offline Find More Posts by GPall
Last edited by GPall; Aug 21, 2012 at 05:28 PM. Reason: Change of Situation!
Old Aug 21, 2012, 04:02 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi Glen [GPall]! Having carefully reviewed the details of your original inquiry, I have arranged for a replacement 4S balance charger to be processed and shipped to you as soon as possible. The basis of my actions are briefly detailed in an email that I've just sent to you. My sincere apologies for the discrepancy, Glen. Thanks for your patience and understanding! -Seba
Old Aug 21, 2012, 05:23 PM
Joined Aug 2012
2 Posts
Wrong Charger! One Frustrated Man.......

Well thankyou for responding Sebastian I really do appreciate it.Im hoping you would of seen the pictures I sent to Marry not sure if you did.Im hoping your evaluation to replace the Balance Charger is the problem and not the charger .Either way thanks again we will see ...Glenn Pall
GPall is offline Find More Posts by GPall
Old Sep 06, 2012, 11:56 AM
A Global Force For Good
USA, OH, Cincinnati
Joined Jun 2009
730 Posts
Really Thomas ?

Quote:
In any case, I still see evidence, in my case and others, that BH is doing better in this area. - Thomas B.

Really??? IDTS - Check this out.
jmpdgs is offline Find More Posts by jmpdgs
Old Sep 06, 2012, 01:36 PM
Electric Coolhunter
Joined Jun 2000
14,591 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jmpdgs View Post
Really??? IDTS - Check this out.
I stand by what I said...they have exhibited noticable improvements in customer service....and I never said they were perfect. I have ordered 3-4 replacement parts (ones that I paid for) and gotten them within a fairly reasonable amount of time.

Horizon has made me wait 3 months for a replacement part (Bonanaza canopy) and Tower had a replacement part for my TF B-35 on backorder for 5 months, recently. Never had to wait that long for a part from BH.

A couple of recent models needed warranty replacement parts and I got those within 3-4 weeks at no charge.

Having said that, BH certainly does need to greatly improve their parts stock so that people are not grounded due to the lack of a particular prop or spinner or landing gear assembly. (Personally, I would not let a unique prop or spinner ground me...there is always a way to use another part and modify things.)

One can tell from the number of recent problems resolved in this forum that they are doing better with customer service than in years past.
RCG Plus Member
Old Sep 13, 2012, 09:31 PM
United States, TX, Austin
Joined Aug 2012
124 Posts
If 30 plus days and still not receiving a replacement for a defective plane is considered an improvement than you need a reality check. I have handled most of my communication in private until the absurdity of their process became unbearable. I immediately contacted them when an AT-6 I received had numerous defects, they took a week to send a call tag 15 plus days to inspect an approve a replacement, now over 8 days to "Process a shipment" and they still have not sent the replacement...And this is an item they do have instock...

This process is consistent with everything I have read, and you are clearly an exception to the norm...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thomas B View Post
I stand by what I said...they have exhibited noticable improvements in customer service....and I never said they were perfect. I have ordered 3-4 replacement parts (ones that I paid for) and gotten them within a fairly reasonable amount of time.

Horizon has made me wait 3 months for a replacement part (Bonanaza canopy) and Tower had a replacement part for my TF B-35 on backorder for 5 months, recently. Never had to wait that long for a part from BH.

A couple of recent models needed warranty replacement parts and I got those within 3-4 weeks at no charge.

Having said that, BH certainly does need to greatly improve their parts stock so that people are not grounded due to the lack of a particular prop or spinner or landing gear assembly. (Personally, I would not let a unique prop or spinner ground me...there is always a way to use another part and modify things.)

One can tell from the number of recent problems resolved in this forum that they are doing better with customer service than in years past.
hepcatz is offline Find More Posts by hepcatz
Old Sep 21, 2012, 04:27 PM
Joined Jun 2012
191 Posts
Hi hepcatz! We are currently awaiting for the returning package to arrive at our facility for RMA inspection and processing. As requested, I have notated that you are requesting for a refund to perhaps use the monies to look into another item (other than the AT-6). Thank you for your patience and understanding, sir! -Seba
Old Sep 22, 2012, 11:07 PM
BGR
Foam Junkie
United States, CA, Oceanside
Joined Dec 2003
1,656 Posts
Well it is clear that BH has grown up some, or maybe they have realized that to move up to the next level that CS however annoying to a retail business is to some extent a necessity. While they are not at the pinnacle of customer service and their prior reputation has been at the opposite end of "paragon of virtue" status, the activity by their CS reps has increased. This is a good sign and perhaps someday a domestic distributor may become the premiere supplier of RC Hobby products. But BH? Naaaaaw never happen. Then again.................... LOL
BGR is offline Find More Posts by BGR
Old Oct 01, 2012, 09:31 PM
Customer Support
United States, CA, Irwindale
Joined Nov 2010
252 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by BGR View Post
Well it is clear that BH has grown up some, or maybe they have realized that to move up to the next level that CS however annoying to a retail business is to some extent a necessity. While they are not at the pinnacle of customer service and their prior reputation has been at the opposite end of "paragon of virtue" status, the activity by their CS reps has increased. This is a good sign and perhaps someday a domestic distributor may become the premiere supplier of RC Hobby products. But BH? Naaaaaw never happen. Then again.................... LOL
Hello BGR.

Thank you for your constructive feedback as it is greatly appreciated.
As Banana Hobby grows, we strive to do our best to accommodate consumers, like yourself, while following our company's policies. Have a wonderful day and happy flying!

Sincerely,
Nancy P.
Nancy BH CSR is offline Find More Posts by Nancy BH CSR